z

Young Writers Society

What are you currently reading?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:34 am
Snoink says...

A Splendid Solution: Jonas Salk and the Conquest of Polio by Jeffrey Kluger. It is awesome. You should read it.
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:30 am
mtempleton says...

I'm on Wuthering Heights! Feeling very intellectual reading that in the departures lounge of Gatwick airport. Other than that, I have three feminist novels for my english dissertation. And also A Streetcar Named Desire. And a critical theory textbook I have to use.

All this juggling books is making me stressed
"I want my journey to be full of laughter"

Final Fantasy X

18 Reviews

Reviews: 18
Sun Oct 05, 2008 10:18 am
sudz_amigo says...

Harry potter And The Goblet Of fire!

:D

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:15 pm
CrisCaraway says...

Well, I just finished reading JUNK
The bitterest tears shed over graves are for words left unsaid, and deeds left undone.

Random avatar

Reviews: 33
Sun Oct 05, 2008 1:25 pm
Fire Light says...

Hmm... i just finished The Extraordinary Adventures Of Alfred Kru(u?)p and Kimchi And Calamari. Sorta reading The Sword Of Shanara, whenever i can from my reading/language arts teacher's library, trying to read The Kingdom Keepers, and since i'm a total mega-nerd, Webster's Dictionary (barely through the A's.) Oh, and The Holy Bible. See, told you i was a nerd! :D

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sun Oct 05, 2008 2:16 pm
scasha says...

I'm reading Sense and Sensibility by Austen for my Jane Austen class (I'm nearly finished and then I'll be reading Emma)

For my creative writing class I'm reading Junot Diaz's The Brief and Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao (he's visiting my school next wednesday and my class gets to have an advanced workshop with him!!!!!) We also read bunches of short stories from The New Granta Book of the American Short Story which I like a lot.

For my pleasure, I'm going to Borders today to buy The Virgin Suicides (I saw Sam's recommendation and decided I should check it out). Hopefully there will be other books that catch my fancy :-)

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:08 pm
Cobra says...

Well, I've just started reading Wolf Island by Darren Shan by by the time I post on YWS again I'll have finished it.
The corpses are piled high around. Blood carpets the floor and flames scorch away the last remnants of humanity. The screams of the damned echo in my head. I smile. I am home.

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Sun Oct 05, 2008 4:54 pm
View Likes
Lauren says...

- Reading, but have almost finished, Great Expectations
- Have begun The Scarlet Letter - Am enjoying, despite the negatives reviews I've heard.
- Today I started snooping the first few pages of The Shipping News which looks pretty intriguing.

I'm reading Sense and Sensibility by Austen for my Jane Austen class

The only one I haven't read - liked the film, though. Persuasion is my ultimate favourite.

168 Reviews

Reviews: 168
Sun Oct 05, 2008 6:42 pm
Swottielottie says...

I'm reading Unwind by Neal shu.... something or other :S
It's the 21st century equivalent of 1984. Best book I've read in a long time.

516 Reviews

Reviews: 516
Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:44 pm
chocoholic says...

I'm reading The Listmaker. It's kind-of a younger book, and I've already read it once before, but it's not too bad, and I didn't want to be reading something to difficult as I go back to school again.

Plus it's been sitting on my shelf for ages, screaming out to be read and I hadn't gotten around to it until now.
*Don't expect to see me around much in the next couple of weeks. School has started again, and it'll be a couple of weeks before I've settled in. If you've asked me for a critique, you will get it, but not for a little while. Sorry*

250 Reviews

Reviews: 250
Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:49 pm
Night Mistress says...

i was reading breaking dawn, but now i am going to read Nora Robert's Angels' fall
"I love you," she whispered in his ear, before taking his mouth with her own.

~Elizzabeth Grey of Addicting Posion

61 Reviews

Reviews: 61
Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:31 am
cheese9975 says...

Atonement, it's beautiful, I loves it.
"The manatee has become the mento." -Tracy Jordan

"Live every week like it's shark week." -Tracy Jordan
^30 Rock is love

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:40 am
bubblewrapped says...

Contemplating Adultery: The Secret Life of a Victorian Woman by Lotte and Joseph Hamburger. It's a NF biography of Sarah Austin and her affair with a German Prince. It's...interesting, to say the least XD
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:59 pm
Sakah says...

White Oleander by Janet Finch (I think)

Saiyuki Reload manga (for the first time)
Music is like candy, you have to throw away the wrappers ^-^

"Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated." — Confucius

95 Reviews

Reviews: 95
Mon Oct 06, 2008 10:59 pm
gamechanger10 says...

I'm reading

-Ninth Grade Slays (sequel to Eighth Grade Bites)--The Chronicles of Vladimir Tod by Heather Brewer

-The Shack by William P. Young

-Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

-The Cry of the Icemark by Stuart Hill

-Storm Thief by Chris Wooding

AND

-I Am America (And So Can You) by Stephen Colbert

Yeah...I'm surprised I could get all that right.

At least I think I got it all....
"The difference between the right word and almost the right word is the difference between lightning and the lightning bug." -Mark Twain

Daddy Long Legs are more closely related to crabs than spiders and somehow the idea of crablike creatures with spider legs that have escaped the entrappings of the primordial sea and now crawl over land and can walk up and down walls and ceilings creeps me more than I can adequately describe.
— Snoink