z

Young Writers Society

The YWS 2012 Yearbook

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:12 pm
View Likes
DragonGirl11 says...

First of all, a shoutout to all the wonderful people I see in chat (Reason, Geelyria, Epicdonkalous, CelticaNoir, Scarlettefire et cetera) for being so entertaining. And the folks over in Randomosity for helping me procrastinate. (Payne, TheDayBeforeTomorrow, tkpejb, etc.)

Cadi, I blame you for encouraging me to download Portal. Now I am addicted. Thanks :D

Shoutout to ItalianIlluminist because sheep. And for being awesome.

Kopaka, (Aka Sir Crab) you are the most gentlemanly crab I have ever met.

To some people like Wonderland, Tenyo, and especially Blues, thanks for being faithful wordwarring buddies during my first NaNoWriMo.

A very special shoutout to all the moderators and administrators, and especially Nate for working so hard to keep YWS the best place on the web.
Last edited by DragonGirl11 on Fri Dec 21, 2012 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~*~

"You could look at the raindrops on your window, or you could look through the window and see the rainbow."
~K.C. Oxford

<YWS>

103 Reviews

Reviews: 103
Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:09 am
View Likes
wordsandwishes says...

Since I've been a member:
(*like* if you agree with any of the following)

I've been *devoured* (twice).

I've been *dethroned* (more times than I can count).

I learned what a Smily-Bomb was.

I've had many wishes corrupted, and corrupted a fair amount of my own.

I was queen of randomosity (for a few hours).

I've met some AMAZING writers.

I've laughed so hard I couldn't breathe.

And had an awesome time here.

Thank you all for being so awesome! And see you 2013!

P.S. Smily-Bomb ^u^:

:-D :) :( :-o :shock: :-? 8) :-x :-P :evil: :twisted: :wink: :!: (: :pirate3: :pirate2: :smt004 :smt003 :smt002 :smt001 :mrgreen: :-| :arrow: :idea: :?: :smt006 :smt015 :smt016 :smt007 :smt008 :smt017 :smt019 :smt009 :smt020 :smt010 :smt021 :smt011 :smt012 :smt013 :smt022 :smt014 :smt023 :smt034 :smt024 :smt026 :smt027 :smt028 :smt029 :smt031 :smt032
Last edited by wordsandwishes on Sun Dec 23, 2012 7:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.

245 Reviews

Reviews: 245
Wed Dec 19, 2012 3:40 am
View Likes
creativityrules says...

All right. *rubs hands together and puts on headphones* Let's do this.

First, I'd like to thank Nate. To be entirely honest, I have no clue what I would be like without this site. It has given me an outlet for my ideas and allowed me to use the input everyone has given me to channel them and show me that maybe, just maybe, they're kind of special. Thank you so much, man.

Next, I'd like to thank a few other YWSers.

Qaralynn for being so nice to me and always offering to talk when I've needed it. Thank you, girl. *huggles*

Geelyria for writing such awesome poetry. I always look forward to reading what you write. You're a freaking awesome poet.

BogWraith for cooking me a wonderful paprika-seasoned lamb brain. The maggots were a nice touch, ma'am/sir. :D

FakeCrow for saving me when I fell off a chair in the tavern. Oh, and for helping me out with the waffle situation. Imagine Dragons rules!

wonderland for being my chat friend. Thank you for the Peeps.

TheMarauderBandit for not sharing Cheetos with me. Wait a second, why am I thanking you? I should be trying to steal cheese-flavored snack foods from you, not adding you to my yearbook post! XD I will get Cheetos from you someday.

PenguinAttack and Jagged for allowing me to eat their wedding cake and play the saxophone at their wedding.

StoryWeaver13 for giving me awesome input on my works during the time I've been a YWSer. Much appreciated! :D

Demoness for telling me that you liked my story. Wayyy back when I first joined, I remember that you were the featured member. I was like WHOA. It's strange that I remember that, but I do. When you told me you liked my story, it made me feel really good. So, um, thanks. :)

Nevanoel for commenting and liking my works. Thanks, girl!

All of the mods for keeping the site going and helping me read the awesome things that other YWSers are writing. There are some crazy awesome pieces posted on this site, works that I would've never been able to read if it weren't for you guys helping to keep the site runnng.

The list goes on and on. Thank you, everyone who's told me that you've liked my stories and kept me motivated to write more. Also, thanks to everyone who's told me that they didn't like my stories. You guys have helped me whip my butt into shape and realize that there will always be new things to learn. I've learned more from you guys than I've learned from any writing class I've ever taken. Seriously.

Thank you, people who post in the "Serious Discussion and Debate" forum. You guys have shown me that, while having opinions and beliefs is important, being able to back up arguments with facts instead of hollow speculation is very important. I may not be a very active member in the debate forum, but know that I love reading what everyone writes. Keep debating, you guys. :D

I guess I'm most grateful to have found this place because it's shown me that I'm not alone. All of us have stories to tell. Always keep writing, guys!

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all!

-Rose
“...it's better to feel the ache inside me like demons scratching at my heart than it is to feel numb the way a dead body feels when you touch it."

-Brian James

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:21 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

every high school girl lumi ever met wrote:Deer (YWS),

have a great summer! Stay cool && don't ever change!

(lab partners 4ever!!!)

_______

Also, YWS, if you ever get a facelift again like you got in Apollo last year, please make sure that you stick to the recovery program prescribed by your doctor, or who knows - your cheeks may turn into red balloons, and you'll burst at the stretch marks.

I won't leave shout outs this year. They feel arbitrary - if you're important to me, you know it.

-Ty
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Wed Dec 19, 2012 7:52 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

This year I'm kind of at loss of what to put here XD So I just say THANK YOU to all those very great friends here and awesome YWSers. Keep writing, keep enjoying what to you do and see you in 2013!

Deanie x
Last edited by Deanie on Thu Dec 27, 2012 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

Random avatar

Reviews: 131
Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:22 pm
View Likes
DukeofWonderland says...

Woah, 2012's been long, eternal really. And yet, I've gotten so less done.

To Fatima
MischiefManaged
Oh oh, IdEaBoNe & TheGuiltyOne
< 3 < 3 < 3
:You lawsers better all start writing more + I have nothing else to say

Also, to AmelieoftheValley: Woman :P
qaralynn: The dutch national football team is awesome.
Blues: Little children, need special care.
Lava: Forgot to tell you there's a Chennai girl in uni here.
:Good luck you people with your exams :D

And to all the other great people, who keep this place going, people on chat I spend half me week with, and the people who make this place worth going on
: :mrgreen:

Lastly, this has certainly be a year of change: to Apollo and Nate & le Mod Squad
Last edited by DukeofWonderland on Sat Dec 22, 2012 8:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
"The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it
regularly went cuckoo."
-- Terry Pratchett, "Wyrd Sisters"

16 Reviews

Reviews: 16
Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:19 am
View Likes
Nyl says...

As said; This Area Is Reserved For Hei's Long Drama

So here's to that thing.

This part on the Web is my little hide out. A place where really great, young talented writers are found. A place where a part of my heart is set and a bit of my life owed. . Last year, I was drastically, dramatically and idiotly depress. Some people on this website helped me get through those down times and I owed a bit of myself to them. To those people, you know what I mean.

@murtuza: This one's an awesome, sweet kid and everyone knows it. Thanks murty for being such a wonderful brother to me. Nao come back here!

@LemonyIce and @ChocoCookie: I love this kids, like to death!

@qaralynn and Payne: These two are equally great

@Noninjaispresent: MWahaha, I lup you too.

#hudz: you evil, where are you?!!!

and Lastly

@SHINO: Homey you know I love you right? Thanks for everything!

{to be updates soon}

Happy holidays! :)
Last edited by Nyl on Fri Dec 21, 2012 9:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm writing the next big thing, aren't we all are?" Hei

191 Reviews

Reviews: 191
Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:34 am
View Likes
Nargles says...

Thanks for the great year. It being my first and all I feel so happy to have been introduced to this amazing website. I've learnt so much and have a great time. Love you all. Merry Christmas and if the world doesn't end see you next year. :D
Don't let the Nargles bite.
And don't let a dementor kiss you good night.

It's a charm actually. It keeps away the Nargles- Luna

158 Reviews

Reviews: 158
Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:45 am
View Likes
Payne says...

This year on YWS, I found...

...A road-tripping buddy and possible soul-mate...

...A Ninjateer (and another one)...

...An evil genius who takes special delight in trolling me (But I have a few surprises in store for him, mwahahaha)...

...A fellow dorky farm kid who I suspect might be my twin...

...Half one and half two of a happy couple...

...A wonderful girl with a heart bigger than the sun...

...And of course a lovely fella with whom I can be a total idiot. GLITTER BALLS, YO!

This place has gone through some issues this year, but in the past month it's come to look more and more like the old YWS I joined and grew to love. Every day, there's some new update, and there's a strange sort of joy that goes with watching it all come together. It's great to have you back, Nate!

Everyone on this site is awesome beyond belief; I don't think the world will know what to do with so many extraordinary writer-types, but...I think it'll manage, somehow. ;)

Stay funky, guys. <3
I aim to misbehave.

Is it weird in here, or is it just me? --Steven Wright

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:31 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

What a year. Changed my life. ;)

All thanks to you, YWS! I can't wait for yet another year.

<3 you!
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:13 pm
View Likes
Lauren2010 says...

Thanks for another great year, YWS. You rock <3
Got YWS?

374 Reviews

Reviews: 374
Thu Dec 20, 2012 5:14 pm
View Likes
BondGirl007 says...

I haven't been around very much the past year, but shoutout to all the amazing JMs, Mods, and Admins who have done an amazing job keeping this place going. I hope to be around more in 2013! Have an awesome new year everyone!! <3
"I'd rather be hated for being who I am, then loved for who I'm not."

187 Reviews

Reviews: 187
Thu Dec 20, 2012 6:30 pm
View Likes
ChocoCookie says...

~COOKIE'S MAJOR ULTRA COOL YEARBOOK~

Hi guys! <3 First off, I'm really hyper so I'm just going to put all my dumplings in this. Okay let's start. I have LOTS to say.

YWS. I joined on August 20th, 2011! Holy crap! Its been one year! ;DD

YWS. Being here made me come out of my shell and start up my swag moves, yo. 8) So, I'm thanking all those funky people out there especially to Nate!

YWS. I should really mention this. You've made me into a great writer and its because of you that I feel like writing, and I can go on for hours! Surely, I haven't written a lot in 2012 but next year, I'll make a lot of effort! (=

YWS. I love you. <333

SHOUT OUT TIME!
I know lots of you people out there, but I really haven't talked to you. But that doesn't mean you don't get a shout out. I LOVE YOU ALL LOTS. :smt003

But just specifying some people I really need to give a shout out, my crazy, stupid love & many thanks. Here goes:
Spoiler! :
TwistedMuffins: Whatever it is, I'll always mention her FIRST. Whatever the case is, even if we've fought. Because I can't ever thank her enough and my gratitude for her will grow everyday and forever. She bought me here. She forced me here. And its all been a good journey. ^^ This year, we weren't that close in YWS because you half-left but I'm still close to you because we talk, we laugh, we SEE eachother(Lawl. :3), YOU'RE IN MY CLASS, and lots of other things we've done together. ^^ Thanks again for those exciting and amazing memories. I love you. ;D

Angelreader77: What a gem of a person!! We've definitely got along this time, a lot better than last year, actually. Since you are too, in my class, things have been awesome! AND YWS people, SHE IS A PROFESSIONAL GOLF PLAYER! NO JOKE! SHE CAME ON THE NEWSPAPER! :OO Talking with you is never weird because maybe I love talking to you or its either *ahem* interesting. xPP Thanks a lot for being around me and supporting me, lovely! =D

LemonyIce: YWS TWIN! <3 Hullo ~ Well... I know we don't talk a lot neither in school or in YWS, you're still an awesome person. I've heard everyone saying so and ONCE UPON A TIME, we were close. xDD We still are close but I think we should talk a little more. BUT HEY! YOU'RE AN AMAZING PERSON! And believe me, I'll always be there for you if you need any help or support. I promise you. =))

Lava: What can I say about this sista?! XD Absolutely, YOU NEED MORE WORDS THAN IN A DICTIONARY TO DESCRIBE YOU! You're that awesome. <3' You've helped me in my most DIFFCULT times (You know what I mean :S) and that a bad period in my life but two people helped me out of it. One of was Lava, the second lovely will be mentioned next. ;) I don't know how to thank you, but... *HUGS* iLySm. ^^

Qaralynn: Yeah, baby! MY PENGUIN MOMMY~The second person who helped me out. You've been an awesome support throughout the year and the most sweetest, a girl with a big heart and one who makes me smile. Your words of kindness, wise advice and everything else has helped me so much that I don't know what I've ever done for you... >.< If there's anything, please be free to ask. Don't hesitate. WHATEVER it is, I'm there. x)

Justagirl: You, BUM! xO Do you know how much I've missed talking to you this year? You promised you would talk to me at least once a month or I would come with the YWS gang to kick your butt! I'm booking tickets tomorrow or I'll Apparate. Expect to see me tomorrow on your bed. e.e BUT! Thanks so much for being a great friend! I love you.

PixieStix: Katie! You're as the same age as me and I think, we even act and think alike? Sort off. But seeing your status like almost everytime I come in here, they'll be something to make me smile or laugh. And you're an awesome SBer, no question marks there! Thanks for all those warm memories and keep talking, and smiling!

Murtuza: My brotha! =DD It won't be fair if I don't mention you because I consider you as a really cool bro and you support lots of other people including me. So thanks for another great year!

Blues: Nah, nah! We haven't really talked except Spam eachother's walls. xPP But that's cool and an awesome thing to remember about! Your humorous comments will always be kept with me. Thanks, SuperSwagDude!

GeeLyria: Another great friend to talk to! You, Yourself and your pieces of lovely work. I shall never forget those! Thanks a lot for sticking up to me even if it was for a while but this year couldn't have been complete without you. ^o^

567ajt: Man, I forgot to put this guy here! Adam. Maybe my most friendliest and happiest chat buddy. ;) You make me laugh, feel awkward but those memories were the best! I still remember that when I was in one of the bad-EST moods, you cheered me up. xD You always do. And you're always there to say "Choco!" and that's enough for me to tell myself that there is someone who cares to talk to me. I've learned a lot of great music too, from you! Thanks for all those pretty things, bro. 8)

Hei: I love this girl. She's one of the most talented writers and people around here. A groovy person to talk things to! Thanks, Hei!

ItalianIlluminist: My Randomosity competitor! XD It was fun trying to overcome the whole Forum with you. ^^ You're a tough to defeat though! (:

OmarEhab: Its been huge talking to you. Laughing, having weird moments and awkward conversations... Well, All's well that End's Well, right? Thanks for a great year! x]]

Nate: Thank you so much, in the first place, for creating a website like this and accepting people like me here since I'm so crazy. XD And sometimes I think of WAYS to be as cool as you. REALLY! Thanks for an awesome year and the awesome updates and hardwork you're doing. They're coming out great! Come celebrate with us! (:

And all the Admins here for keeping up an awesome support for especially Nate, helping the new people around here and still being awesome. Keep up with it, you guys! ^^

I just want to say... If the world is really going to end tomorrow(Even though I don't believe in this piece of junk and rubbish :thud: ), I love you all. You've all given me a grand year, lots of things to keep at heart and many more.

YWS. 3 Cheers! :elephant:

Merry Christmas to you all and happy Carol-Singing! :smt060

--
Cookie.
Last edited by ChocoCookie on Sat Dec 22, 2012 5:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
I like nonsense, it wakes up the brain cells. Fantasy is a necessary ingredient in living.

New to YWS? We'll help you out! <3'

279 Reviews

Reviews: 279
Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:16 pm
View Likes
MasterGrieves says...

Uhhh these are my shoutouts....it's quite short and not in anyway as detailed as most people but hey, it's a shoutout nonetheless. :)

Mikko: *waves enthusiastically* You babeh you! :D A wonderful songwriter, a fellow fan of The Smiths, and a hilarious personality. These are just a few of the traits Mikko has shown me in the first full year of knowing her on YWS.

GeeLyria: Twinny twinny twinny!!! :D Despite the fact that it is biologically impossible to have a British dude and a Puerto Rican Senorita born at the same time from the same mother, mentally it is possible :) Her poems/songs have sort of inspired me to turnover a new leaf in a particularly bad period of my life.

Reason: Screencapping genius. Nuff said.

Epicdonkalous: Lemme tell you a little thing 'bout this gal: in the space of a few days, after watching an embarrassing vlog of me, she changed her mind about me. She went from "ewwwwwwwwww" to "wooooooooooooow" XD It wasn't long before we became besties. I feel especially touched when she mentioned me in her own YearBook post :) Thanks, Holz.

emoticon220: Rae-rae-rae-rae-rae-rae-rae-rae. You are the very first friend I ever made on YWS, so in a way this shoutout isn't just for this year, but is also for last year. I thank you deeply for making it all memorable for me. I think you give great advice and you and I have a lot in common. I thank you.

ItalianIllumist: For those slightly taken aback by my Hitler avatar, this was the man who persuaded me to keep it. UNTIL DECEMBER 26TH. -.-. Nonetheless, this man is the best troll I have ever come across: screencaps, bribery, blackmail, you name it. This guy is a G 4 life :)

Clarity: This is a pretty recent addition, but nonetheless this is a worthy mention. Clarity is humorous, and at times I wonder how she can manage to write amazing pieces. The stuff she writes is the polar opposite to her light-hearted, cute and often very sweet demeanour.

SkyLore: I have saved the best till last. She may not be on YWS at the moment, but I certainly cannot forget her. She is lovely, bubbly, and she is just so darn similar to me. For those of you who do not read my blog, me and her are in a relationship. Despite a distance of 3548 miles we're happy. Very happy :) Her coming into my life in May of this year really improved the bad start that I had. So Elodie, if you are reading this, I thank you so much for being alive and giving me the chance to meet you <3

Enough of the mushy stuff; let's party like it's the alleged apocalypse! :D
The Nation of Ulysses Must Prevail!

If you don't like Mikko, you better friggin' die.

The power of Robert Smith compels you!

Adam + Lisa ♥

When you greet a stranger look at his shoes.
Keep your money in your shoes.

I was 567ajt

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:35 pm
View Likes
emoticon220 says...

A huge thank you to all of YWS for making this year and the past three great! As difficult as this year has been, there have been some great moments. I wrote one of my best short stories, The Arsonist.

Shout outs:

- Adam/567ajt: my baby bro! you are so sweet. We fought, we've been to hell and back and still, you are one of my best friends. All my love and best of luck going into the next year.

- Tenyo: Tenny ten ten! you are so fantastic, Im still waiting for the day i beat you at a WW.

-WW/Wonderland: For a while i thought you didn't like me. You are such a great friend that I now wonder how I ever thought that. You've turned me into a tumblr addict by the way.

-Jabs: I owe you a huge thank you. You've listened to everything i have complained about all year without complaint. I dont know how you do it, but i thank you.

- Bog: Im still trying to sell my sewer property. If you know any interested buyers let me know.

(If i forgot you and you want a shout out let me know. )

I love you all, heres to a new year!
O thin men of Haddam,/Why do you imagine golden birds?/Do you not see how the blackbird/Walks around the feet/Of the women about you?
-Wallace Stevens

Every first draft is perfect, because all a first draft has to do is exist.
— Jane Smiley