17%
English.
83%

Total votes : 35

40 Reviews

Reviews: 40
Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:38 pm
Fool says...

English all the way. Lit more than Lang....but English.
Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience

I don't suffer from stress. I am a carrier.

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:38 pm
Sam says...

If by math you mean mathematical logic and English you mean literature, then heck yes, it's math. Modus Ponens makes so much more sense to me than any of the poorly written reading texts ever could.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:51 am
tinny says...

I used to like Maths. but then I had a teacher that destroyed all math-related joy. she was evil. My english teacher was nice.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:32 pm
Snoink says...

Wow... we have more votes for English than math. Who would have thought???
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

Random avatar

Reviews: 142
Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:37 pm
Doctor Kitty says...

The complexities and unlimited rule-exceptions in English are quite the nuisance, while math has the same rules all the time. And, there are a million-and-one ways to solve a math problem, while there is only about 500,000 to correct a sentence. Ok, that's a lie. But you get my point.

I would have to say I'm skilled in both. (Well, skilled for my level. Algebra II and AP English I)

However, math is much more straightforward than English. Math FOR TEH WIN! (With English a VERY close second.)

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Fri Jan 27, 2006 10:39 pm
Ego says...

Well, this IS a witing site, Snoinky Dear...it's only logical that we would have more people interested in literature than mathematics...
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

1274 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1274
Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:08 am
niteowl says...

I like both. I actually used to like math more. But now math is crazy, especially because I LOST my TI-83! AUGGGHHH! But English is crazy too. But i still sort-of like both.
"You do ill if you praise, but worse if you censure, what you do not understand." Leonardo Da Vinci

<YWS><R1>

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:16 am
Snoink says...

Get a TI-89... they're totally worth it! :)
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Sat Jan 28, 2006 2:55 am
Shriek says...

I like english. Surprise there.
I suppose I could say that I like it because I'm good at it, but I'd be lying. I like it because everything's open to interpretation--there isn't always a right answer. But if you forget a negative sign or a decimal place in math, you're basically screwed.

So I'll stick with English, thanks.
i thought you were shallow, but then i fell in deep.

221 Reviews

Reviews: 221
Sat Jan 28, 2006 4:32 am
View Likes
Elelel says...

I like English more. I have more fun in it. Maths is Ok, I suppose. I'm ok at it, but it's just ... Maths? I don't know. THere's nothing exciting about it to me.
Oh, you're angry! Click your pen.
--Music and Lyrics

126 Reviews

Reviews: 126
Mon Jan 30, 2006 3:13 am
Bjorn says...

Oh I've always disliked math-for what reason? I could never pin-point the reason myself as I've always done good in math that it has escaped my reason. I enjoy some aspects of math. It's not difficult, if you apply your mind. I mean I don't exactly enjoy it, but then it comes as second nature, almost, and thus I don't really care. I mean, I enjoy trigonometry and graphing (to some extant, quadratic functions is bleh), and of course geometry etc. But it doesn't strike me as interesting as English does. Now English is a subject that I enjoy, almost, but not completely, thoroughly (grammar kinda sucks some life out of it). Talking, reading, and writing. Why is it so different from any other class that encompasses all three? There is lacking that fourth element that makes it unique, and thus gives little time to appreciate literature and what it's done for us as a race. I love reading, and so far most people that know me know that as a cold, hard, and untreatable fact! But I also love writing, and I don't think very many people know that. I plan to take English and Literature as my post-secondary education subject, despite family friends and members envisioning me as a: politician, doctor, and priest. And though my heart and mind were once for those (well doctor at least...), literature and writing have won them, and I admit it's Tolkien and the LotR that opened my eyes to the once obscure subject to me. I think I've gone on long enough...
Killing For Peace Is Like F#@%ing For Chastity
Revolucija Je Sada! Revolucija Je Stobom I Svima! Revolucija Je Uvijek-Zivi Uz Revolucije I Budite Slobodni!

134 Reviews

Reviews: 134
Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:58 pm
Empress Kat says...

Both! I know I'm horrible at making decisions.
But I like both. Of course you'll hear me complain about each depending on my teacher at the moment. But I love the structure of math, love the logic behind it all. And I love reading anything, I love the expressions writing gives us. If you are holding a gun to my head to choose, I shall choose math, only because it is more closely related to my science major... but the only part I hate about english is the teachers, who always seem to be pushey know-it-all types that won't let you come to your own conclusion, unless it was theirs first. But when creativity is left in english it's great. And I'm fassinated with word structure and linguistics... although I was never good at either. I could always manage math, mostly because it is so systematic. Critical thinking isn't a strength of mine... but I like to do it in both.

And HP all the way!
Plan B is always "Die Trying."

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:02 pm
Eleanor Rigby says...

ENGLISH!
words, language - what wonderous
creatures these beings are,
what joyous routes of sorrow and
longing they pave.

576 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 576
Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:02 pm
Ego says...

That's my Empress! Hewlett Pacard over Texas Instruments anyday of the week yo!
Got YWS? I do.

Lumi: Don't you drag my donobby into this.
Lumi: He's the sweetest angel this side of hades.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Mon Jan 30, 2006 7:46 pm
Sureal says...

For my GCSE's, I got a B for English and a B for Maths.

None the less, I find English easier, and certainly prefer it. Indeed, at this very moment in time, I'm actually writing a piece English Lit for my AS grade.
I wrote the above just for you.

'They are afraid of nothing,' I grumbled, watching their approach through the window. 'Together, they would brave Satan and all his legions.'
— Emily Bronte, Wuthering Heights