z

Young Writers Society

Published?

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Dec 21, 2005 10:54 pm
-KayJuran- says...

thegirlwhofateloves wrote:No. I've never even attempted it...I doubt anyone in their right mind would actually publish me anyway...I don't think I'm that great, and I can't really see it happening, to be honest...though it would be 'mazing if it happened. :roll:

i'm sure you will sometime! don't worry about it. :wink:

myself, i haven't had anything published but then i don't know how i would do it, even if i had anything to publish...

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Dec 22, 2005 5:49 am
Jiggity says...

It seems, to me, as if a defeatist attitude is prevalent. If you have an idea, a good one mind, sit down and write it; and whenever you think "im not good enough-im not going to make it" just remember that a lot of rubbish has been published before, so regardless of the quality of your work you still have a good chance.
Now considering that the majority of ppl here have an abundance of talent, i think it safe to say that your chances are better than good. If you still dont think your good enough, you should consider going to a writing workshops--some of which are held by successful authors. An example: John Marsden, one of the most successful authors of teenage fiction, holds writing workshops for both children and adults.

So dont despair--all will be well
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:23 pm
-KayJuran- says...

so if you have a single poem you want to publish - not a full-length story - then how would you go about it...?

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Thu Dec 22, 2005 9:48 pm
Sam says...

I've been in a poem anthology...and on the web for a short story thingy.
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Thu Dec 29, 2005 8:27 pm
Fishr says...

Three short stories were published within a school literary magazine, although they wanted me to use a pen name because I was still a student. Yeesh, Jessica Brown? :x Kinda frustrated because I haven't been able to retrieve them, so I can take a peek on what garbage I wrote, lol. ;)

To the public; nope. Haven't tried.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

798 Reviews

Reviews: 798
Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:52 pm
Jiggity says...

I've been wondering; when you want to get published do you: go to a literary agent and pitch your idea to them and then write the actual story? OR do you write the story and send it in to a publisher(s) then wait for a reply?
Mah name is jiggleh. And I like to jiggle.

"Indecision and terror, thy name is novel." - Chiko

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:05 am
Snoink says...

Write the story, lol. Many people attempt to write novels - few complete them. :P

Oh, what the hell! I'm going to try to get a bunch of my old short stories and poems published! :) Wish me luck!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

365 Reviews

Reviews: 365
Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:11 am
Fishr says...

Luck.
The sadness drains through me rather than skating over my skin. It travels through every cell to reach the ground. I filter it yet strangely enough, I keep what was pure and it is the dirt that leaves.

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:18 am
Nate says...

JigSaw wrote:I've been wondering; when you want to get published do you: go to a literary agent and pitch your idea to them and then write the actual story? OR do you write the story and send it in to a publisher(s) then wait for a reply?

As Snoink said, definitely write the story. Unless you have something previously published, few literary agents will take a chance on an idea by an unpublished author. Your best bet is to write it first, then shop it around.

Reviews: 1
Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:48 am
irresistiblekitties says...

I got a children's book published but that's about it. It was a big deal at the time, but I've only sold 300 copies so far. It's a piece of junk, too. It's like this: "The cat ran. The cat fell. The cat got hurt." I was like 5 when I wrote it. People say I'm a child genius just cuz' I'm in 2nd grade and I have probably the intellect of a high schooler. Which is a complete and total lie. I'm probably just as smart as possibly a 5th grader. And besides you've probably read some of my stories, they stink, don't they?
Tell me I'm irresistible! Mow...mmmm

"Change my diaper!"- Hamtaro
"Yes, brother"- Chester
"I'm not a women, I'm a lady"- Lady
"Help"- Mowface aka Li'l Irresistible

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:52 am
Eleanor Rigby says...

I was just published recently; a short story with my original illustrations. It wasn't the greatest, most original story, but at least it's something. And besides, don't we all live in search of that one incredible story? All I have to do is keep trying! :wink:
words, language - what wonderous
creatures these beings are,
what joyous routes of sorrow and
longing they pave.

139 Reviews

Reviews: 139
Fri Dec 30, 2005 2:54 am
Torpid says...

All you people that were published!!! GAH! Lucky! Is it hard? What's the success rate of wanna-be authors?

Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:02 am

Stinks, I only made about 1k when I published my baby book. But for me that's a lot, come on I'm only 7. I had hoped to earn enough to buy a house!! (I told you I wasn't that smart!) But I was 5 so cut me some slack. Anyway, that money is going to a bank account to buy a car.

"Yes, brother"- Chester

241 Reviews

Reviews: 241
Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:50 am
zelithon says...

My brother likes to be very sly about bragging. :D
And he is not lieing. (but he sure don't have an highschooler's intellect :roll: )
Adults are just obsolete children, and to hell with them!
-Dr.Suess

Deadpanners are backtalkers!

badonkadonk
Atheism is a non phophet organisation

Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:37 pm

Zel, you caught me!!! lol, no you didn't

"Yes, brother"- Chester

The chains of habits are too light to be felt until they are too heavy to be broken.
— Warren Buffet