z

Young Writers Society

Ideas For Personal Website

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:13 pm
Nate says...

Hey all,

My neighbor Will and I are making a website for him and we're looking for more ideas of what to put on it. All input is greatly appreciated!
Last edited by Nate on Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:42 pm, edited 2 times in total.

67 Reviews

Reviews: 67
Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:40 pm
QiGuaiGongFu says...

For starters- a website would be nice.
I clicked the link- "The website 'www.willboland.com' could not be found. blah blah blah"
For centuries, theologians have been explaining the unknowable in terms of the-not-worth-knowing.
- HL Mencken
Lie together like butt.
Presenting the GFuture, soon to be the Gnow, reality presented by Google.
Welcome to GEarth.
~Baske in the randomness~

683 Reviews

Reviews: 683
Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:09 pm
Emma says...

O______o; Certainly bright. Fun.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:18 pm
Sponson Light says...

The funky blue and white waves thing looks tacky and bad.
Im not going to lie.
Make it a solid color because of the solid blue above it and the solid white around it.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

425 Reviews

Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:43 pm
Nate says...

Deleted the link to the website. He's looking for ideas to add to the website, not style changes.

Random avatar

Reviews: 681
Sun Dec 18, 2005 9:56 pm
Sponson Light says...

Oh, bio's, some works that you've done such as writing/drawings.
Interests, links to other places (such as forums or comics).

Have something thatll have people keep going back.
You shouldn't judge a book by it's cover, instead, you should read every single book to see what every book is about before you even come close to judging its viability.

425 Reviews

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Dec 19, 2005 1:41 am
Snoink says...

Funny anecdotes are fun. :) How-tos on his favorite subject are also nice. If he's specialized in a particular field, the better for him. Articles like that are always fun to read. Drawings, photos, and writing...

And I love pet pictures!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Mon Dec 19, 2005 8:11 am
Zion says...

Some mini-flash games or sumthin?
Without sensibility no object would be given to us, without understanding no object would be thought. Thoughts without content are empty, intuitions without concepts are blind.

Immanuel Kant
"Critique of Pure Reason"

425 Reviews

Mon Dec 19, 2005 4:02 pm
Nate says...

Thanks all for the input!

I didn't have much time to elaborate yesterday (Redskins were beating the Cowboys into pulp!), so...

The reason he's not looking for style changes is because he's REALLY happy with the way it looks right now. But more than that, he just wants it to be a website for him, not for other people. He wants it to be a site where people can learn more about him.

Because of Snoink's suggestion, I think we're going to work together (Will and I) on making a how to play tennis page. We're also going to be adding information about his favorite sports teams, which unfortunately does not include the Washington Nationals...

What we are also going to try to do is make it such that you have to register for the site in order to view it since we both don't want strange men wandering to the site. But while I know how to do this in PHP, I have no idea how to do it with HTML.

There's some flash games on the site already (kind of like a personal arcade for him and for me too; no annoying ads), and we just added the mind reader game to the "Stuff" page.

Anyways, if anyone wants to view the website, it's at:

http://www.willboland.com

Just remember, Will is not interested in style changes. Just suggestions on stuff to add.

531 Reviews

Reviews: 531
Mon Dec 19, 2005 10:30 pm
Caligula's Launderette says...

Hmmm...about registering so you can see it: I am not sure about that but I know in HTML you can put a password gate so people have to sign up for it to get through.

CL
Fraser: Stop stealing the blanket.
[Diefenbaker whines]
Fraser: You're an Arctic Wolf, for God's sake.
(Due South)

Hatter: Do I need a reason to help a pretty girl in a very wet dress? (Alice)

Got YWS?

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Tue Dec 20, 2005 5:58 am
Snoink says...

I know you're not interested in style changes, but would you like some suggestions about how you can put your guestbook inside the site?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

We're all stories in the end.
— 11th Doctor