Young Writers Society

Into the Male mind...

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Thu Aug 28, 2008 11:15 am
Twit says...

Icaruss: I honestly LOLed. :lol:
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

Reviews: 4
Fri Aug 29, 2008 4:01 am
Keiraan says...

I hang out with more guys than girls and it's not all about girls and pervertedness like some people think.

As was said by some people before me, men generally get straight to the point with what they say and don't go too much into detail unless you have a male character that is keen on details. It also depends on what your character is like, if you have a tough guy kind of character he's probably going to be wrestling and poking fun at people and showing off and have short, to the point and sometimes rude comments, while a more shy character wouldn't say much and be unsure when he does talk and probably more in tune to what might make someone else uncomfortable or hurt their feelings.

Also there are topics that guys generally wouldn't get into unless they're feminine kind of males such as shopping, fashion etc. Those are typically girl topics a man wouldn't get into much if at all unless he was slightly feminine or homosexual. Guys talk about video games, sports, work, cars etc.
That's my take on it. I've probably missed some things I wanted to say but it's midnight and I'm not fully coherent so I might just come back to this xD
"He's mad as a box of frogs." - Hatter

52 Reviews

Reviews: 52
Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:58 am
Jamie_rocks says...

Okay, I have to agree with Icaruss, because I swear today I was about two seconds away from clawing out the eyes of the guy that sits behind me.
Lolz. :P

Okay, question? What if your male character is a total player?
Alcohol, Tobacco, & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Sat Aug 30, 2008 4:50 pm
Carlito says...

Jamie_rocks wrote:Okay, I have to agree with Icaruss, because I swear today I was about two seconds away from clawing out the eyes of the guy that sits behind me.
Lolz. :P

Okay, question? What if your male character is a total player?

read Hail Caesar by Thu-Huong Ha...that's pretty much what her book is about...and it's really well written :)

160 Reviews

Reviews: 160
Sat Aug 30, 2008 5:12 pm
Krupp says...

You really wanna figure out the male mind? It's actually simple. Just hang out with them. Spend plenty of time with different ones. The skaters, the jocks, hang out with the guys who don't seem to fit those cliques. The more time you spend, the better you'll get to know them as people, and the easier it'll be for you to see what guys are really like.

As for the thinking that guys are about cars, video games, girls, fighting, etc., not all of that is accurate. The parts about the girls? Yes. The parts about cars? To a degree; I hate cars. I don't know anything about them. I'd take into stock what kind of music guys really delve into as well. And as for the whole fighting thing? Well, that's just in our nature to show off who's the most dominant in a group. I don't hang around a lot with guys who do that kind of alpha dog crap, but you do run across guys like that occasionally. Yesterday I had a little grappling match with a football friend of mine because I could. It doesn't necessarily mean that's all we think about doing when we're around other competetive guys.
I'm advertising here: Rosetta...A Determinism of Morality...out May 25th...2010 album of the year, without question.

614 Reviews

Reviews: 614
Sat Aug 30, 2008 7:06 pm
Swires says...

Hanging out won't work. Males behave differently when in single sex groups.

I have studied Gender Linguistics this year and I've attached a summary document that may give you an insight into what SOME researchers believe how Males and Females differ in language.
Attachments
Gender Research.doc
(36.5 KiB) Downloaded 23 times
Previously known as "Phorcys"
Witherwings Harry Potter RPG

Imagine if everybody had a little Wii sports Mii to say "Great Shot!" everytime they did something right.
— TheMythMaster