z

Young Writers Society

yo

Reviews: 0
Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:03 pm
View Likes
Lylasmygurl says...

Hi. My name is Chris. I am dating the lovely Lylas. She introduced me to YWS. I like to write poetry but I doubt I'm any good. I also like music.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:49 am
Cspr says...

Welcome to YWS, Chris! I'm Cas, a mentor and the resident Encyclopedia Weird. I'm glad your lady introduced you to this fine site.

First of all, remember first drafts are always complete sod. Secondly, we're all here to help you improve, because you can't improve without good critiques, eh?

Anyhow, what sort of poetry do you write? I write free verse poetry for the most part, but I'm also a fan of prose. On that note, what sort of music do you like? Lyrics and poems have a strong tie, so I'm curious.

Lastly, if you need any help getting around the site or with anything, feel free to message me or post on my wall. And if you are brave as a Hessian merc, when you post something, come get me and I'll give you a review. :)
My SPD senses are tingling.

247 Reviews

Reviews: 247
Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:25 pm
Searria H. says...

Hi, Chris! Welcome to YWS! I'm Searria, but most people call me "Sea." :smt039

I hope you've enjoyed the site so far. We have a completely crazy friendly and helpful community here. :) Pretty much anyone would be willing to help you out. If you're having any trouble with anything on the site, the people with green names are moderators, and they hold all the answers. ;)

I'm terrible at poetry, but if you ever want me to take a look at any of your pieces, feel free to drop me a link in a PM or here. I look forward to seeing you around the site. Have fun, and happy writing!
-Sea-
'Let's eat Grandma!' or, 'Let's eat, Grandma!' Punctuation saves lives.

Reviews? You know you want one. :)

*Ribbit*

1176 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1176
Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:54 pm
Twit says...

Hi Chris! Welcome to YWS! :D

Poetry, cool. There's lots of poets on here who'll chinwag poems with you. ^_^

-twit
"TV makes sense. It has logic, structure, rules, and likeable leading men. In life, we have this."

#TNT

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Mon Feb 11, 2013 9:29 pm
LadyPurple says...

Welcome home!
*hugs*
Anyway, welcome to YWS. Can't wait to read some of your work^.^
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:34 pm
noninjaes says...

Welcome to YWS. Lylas is pretty alright, I've seen her around.

I like poetry too and if I see some in the Lit section, I'll be sure to read it. :) So, what's your favourite writing genre? Mine's fantasy.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:58 pm
Iggy says...

Hey, there! Welcome to YWS! My name's Ariel, and it's nice to see a new face around here. c:

I'd like to introduce you to The Buddy System! It's a place where mentors like me can help out newbies like you! I hope you go have a look and see you around! Please, if you need anything, feel free to post on my wall or PM me. :-)

Cheers!

- Ariel.~
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

The human heart has hidden treasures, in secret kept, in silence sealed...
— Charlotte Bronte