z

Young Writers Society

I"M NEW

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed May 27, 2009 2:27 am
82manycookies says...

hey im new, so i really don't know what to do. i've been looking for new readers for my story. i need to get some more imput.
thanx
LIVIJ

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Wed May 27, 2009 3:00 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hiya! I'm April, nice to meet you! So, before I say anything else, I'll lay down the ground rules for you.

:arrow: No chat speak. We are writers, and should write as such. :)

:arrow: Rate your pieces. (G, PG, PG-13, R). When you rate pieces, it makes it show up on the front page, and it lets readers know what they're getting into ;)

:arrow: 2:1 ratio. For every piece you submit, you must do two reviews in it's place, just so everyone gets reviewed eventually ^_^

Well, that's about it. Respect the mods (green) and admins (red) too, though. They help run the site, and you can always go to them for help. You can also PM me too if you need anything! :D

I'll see you later!

~April
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed May 27, 2009 9:20 pm
fragile_heart(!) says...

Hi there!

If you're looking for readers and input, you've definitely come to the right place. The Young Writers Society is a website totally dedicated to helping young writers make new friends, improve their writing, and connect with writers all over the world.

April's pretty much covered the rules, but I'll add in a few others :wink:

Remember the golden rule: Critique others the way you would like them to critique you. And make sure they're constructive. Constructive posts do not include things like, "this was super dooper! keep writing!"

Don't take things personally. If you think you're an awesome writer but the threads don't, oh well. It's your writing. Don't start crying because someone picked out the one apostriphe you missed.

Keep your mind open. Arguing with criticism clogs threads and annoys the critic. Unless it is something that needed to be clearified between the two of you, be respectful.

Don't ever plagiarise. Ever. That one pretty much speaks for itself.

Most of all, have fun!

PM me if you need anything!
- Fragile_heart(!)

Random avatar

Reviews: 24
Wed May 27, 2009 10:31 pm
View Likes
RainWanderer says...

Hi cookie! Sorry if you don't want to be call like that, but cookie sound cute!(And tasty too....*licking lips*) Anyway, you already have someone reading your story! I am reading your work right now, have to say it is quite interesting. I will post my review after I finish this 9000 words post you made...
Who am I? Just a wanderer, traveling from real life to dreams.

“Writing a book is a very lonely business. You are totally cut off from the rest of the world, submerged in your obsessions and memories.” - Mario Vargas Llosa

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:27 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Way too many cookies?! Impossible! :D

Aweeeee, a little fishy *pocks aquarium* Ups! It's Nemooooooooooooooo! Awwwwww, I love Nemo.

Anyway, heya cookies! I'm Kat, nice to meet you too ^^

I just wanted to drop by and say hi. While I had nothing useful to say to you. Oh! And check the Rules and the Community Forums. You'll find many surprises there.

Anyway, see you around! Feel free to PM me!
*Kat*
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

123 Reviews

Reviews: 123
Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:34 pm
Lord Anzius says...

**Hands a cookie**

Hello... Konichiwa. Domo. Bonjour. Hei. Moi. Salut. Evening. Hejsan. And Welcome. :D

I hope you enjou your stay here!
To copy reality is good... But to create reality is much, much better.
-Giuseppe Verdi-

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:49 pm
Bloo says...

Hey cookies. I'm Bolt. And as I read your looking for reviews. Well if you’re looking for reviews a good place to go is here: forum188.html

That is the "Will review for food" forum. You can request reviews from fellow members here. But don't go over board with it requests, if you ask to many people it will just get repetitive and the later ones will have nothing to do. And also make sure to read what they review.

And also I would like to point out a something out. As you might have noticed some people in YWS have colored usernames. Like me or writewatiwant. These colors are to represent jobs on the site. Here is a chart to what color means what.

Blue: This is for greeters; they are here to greet newbies like you. They point out rules, places, and give advice.

Purple: They are Instructors, they are to help with writing, usually doing very in depth critics for writing. If you want a really good review go to them, in the forum I pointed out earlier.

Light green: these are the junior mods. They are assigned to certain forums, which they watch over, to make sure people follow the rules in there posts, reviews and writing.

Dark green: They are like junior mods, but they look over the whole site. They are mods.

Red: these people are Administrators here to help the site run smoothly, and are like higher ranking mods.

Orange: this means they are retired Admins or mods

Black: these are normal members like you. That means with no job.

You can apply for a position as a greeter or instructor. But you need to wait a month, and you want to make sure you greet a lot for greeter, and do good reviews for instructors

Now if you have any questions feel free to PM me.
That User Who Changed Their Name A Dozen Times And So No One Ever Knew Who They Were Half the Time and When They Did Only Used Bolt.

The tragic tale of losing all #Brand for nothing in return.

The Take Away Is You Probably Know Me As Bolt

28 Reviews

Reviews: 28
Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:52 pm
Chloe(: says...

Yum, I'm hungry now. I love your username :)

By the way, I'm Vivacious, but you can call me Chloe, Vivi, Clo, Viv, Clo-Clo, or any of the sort. :D

Have you heard of the user groups on YWS? They're extremely awesome! Let me tell you how to get to them. Go to the toolbar up top. Click on groups, there should be a page with a fairly large amount of groups available for you to join. And if you don't find one of one a particualr interest, you can make one! Go to the link at the top of the page. Have fun!

Feel free to PM me if you need further help or would like me to critique something you've written!
Formerly known as Vivacious.

Full of Cliches:a challenge to see who can write a piece with the most cliches.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Thu Jun 04, 2009 5:58 am
Snoink says...

Haha! Very clever username. I like. :)

The best way to get critiques is to critique people's work. That way, they'll feel obligated to critique your work and the cycle continues. Plus, that means you can get more points for more stories. I don't know if you've noticed this, but if you post stories, you'll lose points. You can gain back those points after critiquing though, so it all works out. :)

And... over here, we want you to capitalize all the proper words and basically use really good grammar. So that way, you'll be more easily understood and people will be happier to talk with you. It's good!
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

We understand how dangerous a mask can be. We all become what we pretend to be.
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind