z

Young Writers Society

I kinda forgot...

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:41 am
Snoink says...

Um... I realized I never did a welcome post. I'm not even sure I was welcomed. So... yeah.

I'm new on this site, but I came from TYWC when Shadow Knight said I would be great here. I'm not great here, but the critiquing is nice and being critiqued is even nicer. So... yeah.

Hi?
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:58 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Welcome to TYWS. Make sure to check the FAQ's before you continue. Chatspeak is prohibited and you should probably take advantage of spellchecker. Make sure your grammar is up to standard or you'll end up as Lord Fontroy.

*shakes head*
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:14 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

Hi Snoink :)
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:29 am
Nate says...

Welcome to the site Snoink! I'm Nate, one of the admins. Anyways, don't get too used to the current layout because we're about to get a huge upgrade.

Hope to see you around! Just to warn you, we're a weird bunch.

185 Reviews

Reviews: 185
Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:37 am
piepiemann22 says...

Welcome! Hm, since you're new I guess I get to boss you around. :lol: You'll find everything you need here on this site to fit you're writing needs. Critiques, support, inspiration, friendships and Pie! See you around.

~Mr. Pie
I will always fight back, no matter what.

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:54 am
Juniper says...

Hi Snoink!

I'm June, but... *scratches head* Clearly there's some error. You already have a zillion posts! Are you a robot?

Okay, remember the rules, no pigs, no chatspeak, no eating in the forums. Also, wipe your shoes off before you enter. We don't need mud. Actually, take them off, but make sure you wear socks. Or slippers.

Also, remember not to be mean, and when you post your work, don't beg for reviews. And anything else, come to me, because I'm an old member and a mod and I get to boss you around. Are we clear?

Welcome, don't get too addicted, or plot bunnies will chase you! ;)

June
Last edited by Juniper on Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jul 02, 2009 4:59 am
Bobo says...

Hey, I'm new, too! Let's be newbies together. I hear we've got some pretty slick graphics coming up on the new site design.

228 Reviews

Reviews: 228
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:15 am
Linx says...

Hi [s]Rina[/s] Snoink and welcome to YWS! You must be special becaause Nate actually greeted you. Nate is our admin, and you always bow to him and never call him bad names behind his back.

>.>

:arrow: If you ever need any help, you should go send a million PMs to Mesh, whose name is in red. She'll be delightful to get your PMs and will be super happy to help you. You can also do that do Firestarter too. His name is in red also. They will both love you to death and help you.

:arrow: If you don't want to bother them two, you should go and PM the dark green people! They are the mods. They are willing to help you with any problems you have around the site. You should send them a million PMs as well, and they will all love you forever and ever.

:arrow: If none of them reply back after five minutes, you need to go to the light green people. They are the junior mods, who will one day become mods. They aren't as threatening as the reds or the dark greens, and usually a whole lot nicer. Althought they might not be able to help, they are super nice and will try as hard as they can.

:arrow: If you want something to be reviewed, you need to go to the purple people. Althought they seem niceat first, they turn out evil after they review your story. If you are still on the site after they shred your story, you are stronger than a lot of people we've had. The are Barney clones and they go out and attack everything. And don't listen to their I LOVE YOUs. They will end up making you go crazy and have carpal tunnel.

:arrow: Now usually, the people who would be welcoming you to the site are the blue members. They are the greeters, but don't be fooled. They are communist spies in disguise.You see, Nate is enemies with Commies, so the members are out to find out his secrets. Of course, Nate is so smart and figured out they were communist spies so he made them greeters.

Well, I hope you enjoy the site! I hope to see you around.

*Lin

June said I could do it.
"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step." ~ Lao-tzu

Attack, IM, or PM me at any time. I will respond. ;)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:15 am
Nate says...

I'm sorry, but I just noticed this. Your pig is naked and thus indecent. Please change your avatar.

Lin910 wrote:Snoink and welcome to YWS! You must be special becaause Nate actually greeted you. Nate is our admin, and you always bow to him and never call him bad names behind his back.

I hear if you say "Bloody Nate" in the bathroom mirror three times, he cuts off all your hair.

Pass it around.

481 Reviews

Reviews: 481
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:26 am
Bobo says...

And this is what happens when your leader and ruler stays awake beyond past after decent hours of the night working on YWS. Bless his sould, the man works like a chimp. I mean dog. Do dogs actually work that hard? Okay, now this is what happens when I stay up too late. Welcome and good-night!

1464 Reviews

Reviews: 1464
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:40 am
Juniper says...

Oh! And we forgot to mention that critiques that are anything other than "omg, dis wz gud" are not allowed. After all, you review count needs to stay low.
"I'd steal somebody's purse if I could google it and then download it." -- Firestarter

196 Reviews

Reviews: 196
Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:11 am
peanutgallery007 says...

Hai Snoink! Um, welcome to YWS! My personal haven (:

Anyway, I see you're getting much hellos from everyone! (surprised Nate greeted)

So, feel free to PM me anytime, I'll help you with whatever you need! ;)

Oh, and by the way, I'm April. Nice to meetcha.
Have a peanut =)

Try your hand at my poetry contest!

Proud LGBT supporter.

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Thu Jul 02, 2009 11:38 am
Matt Bellamy says...

I am overwhelmed by my greeting skills in this thread. If you ever greet anyone, remember my post above - I have most certainly set the standard.
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

356 Reviews

Reviews: 356
Thu Jul 02, 2009 3:49 pm
*writewatiwant* says...

Welcome to the Ol'YWS family, Snoink! I'm Kat, nice to meet you.

I was going to explain our YWS color rainbow. Some users have their names colored <--- that means they have a job. My name is blue, so I'm a Greeter. Your name is Green... were you aware that you are a Moderator?
If not, make sure Nate checks up on that :P You can check more on the YWS staff, by clicking on the 'Help and Support' button at the top of the page, and selecting 'Help and Support Wiki'. If you search around, you'll find a bounch of itneresting things ;)

Please check the Rules, so that you can behave as a Mod, and be sure to have fun!
Pm me if you need anything ;)
*Kat*

P.S: This totally rocked :lol:
Piglet: How do you spell love?
Pooh: You don't spell it. You feel it.

The Buddy System Check us out!

263 Reviews

Reviews: 263
Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:42 pm
Angels-Symphony says...

Welcome to YWS

Nice to meet you Snoink :smt045

Interesting username you've got there...

[spotlight shines on angels-symphony]

*grabs mic* And now, since you are very, very special, I'm going to sing you a little song:

:smt034 Oh, oh oh!

Welcome to YWS! This is the place that you've gotta be!

Explore your imagination *does spongebob rainbow of imagination*,

it's something you've got to see!

Oh, oh, oh look at all of these people! They really are friend-ly!

Just jump right in, take the site for a spin,

and you'll be very.... happ-y!

*throws mic onto the ground*

:smt023 Yes, welcome. :thud:
You cannot dream yourself into a character; you must hammer and forge yourself into one.

The writer, when he is also an artist, is someone who admits what others don't dare reveal.

she slept with wolves without fear, for the wolves knew there was a lion among them.
— r.m. drake