Hello fellow authors!

7 posts
User avatar
Gender Female
Points 437
Reviews 10
So I'm Catalyn (Cat), and I'm a freshman in highschool. I love musical theatre and swim and genetics (It's hard to balance all 3 in addition to my writing) but writing has and always will be my first love. I'm working on my YWP NaNoWriMo story, but I also write (and enjoy reading) short stories and poetry. And yeah, that's me!




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 90000
Reviews 1085
Welcome to the site! :D It sounds like you'll fit right in. What's your NaNo novel about?
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 437
Reviews 10
My NaNo novel is about a girl named Ashling trying to escape an abusive home and winds up kidnapped for her magical ability that she learns of during her escape. Her kidnapper is a dethroned prince named Jaax who wants to use her to reclaim his throne. Ashling agrees to help and ends up falling for a Bandit King with a sad past, befriending a simple healer, and finding her mother that left when she was 5.

It's an adventure/fantasy/romance, and possibly the first book in a trilogy depending on how it decides to end.




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 140177
Reviews 1310
Welcome to the site! And best of luck in your NaNo writing! :)
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 323
Reviews 501
I love the sound of your novel, Cat! Welcome to YWS! C:
100% autistic




User avatar
Gender Female
Points 18525
Reviews 118
I am a bit late, but hello and welcome to the site! Best of luck in your NaNo novel!




User avatar
Gender None specified
Points 650
Reviews 766



here is the deepest secret nobody knows (here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud and the sky of the sky of a tree called life; which grows higher than the soul can home or mind can hide) and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart i carry your heart (i carry it in my heart)
— e.e. cummings