Guy, age 17 (LoVeLeSs)

Cobras:
Girl, age 15 (Forestqueen808)
Girl, age 16 (Dreamy115)
Girl, age 17 (Lauren2010)
Guy, age 15 (Howler)
Guy, age 16 (curiousvampire)
Guy, age 17 (Vanadis)

You heard about it all year long. The ultimate summer camp. A two-month war fought purely by teens. And the prize for your team winning? A five-thousand dollar scholarship to the college of your choice. Only a select group of students get to join in the fun. Eighty teens aged fourteen to seventeen get to go to this each year. You sent in your application along with thousands of others and, by the greatest luck, you were accepted.

You are totally on your own. Basic necessities are supplied, like food, water and shelter. You aren’t trying to survive the wild; you’re surviving each other. Sneak attacks, snipers, kidnapping. Whatever it takes to make the enemy surrender by the end of two months. Some of you are rookies, coming here for your first year. Others are veterans, coming back for a bigger scholarship or an adrenaline rush. Whatever the case, you’re here now. Are you sure you know what you’re in for?

:!: Rules: :!:

-No god-modding.

-No killing off other characters without owner’s permission.

-Please use proper grammar, punctuation, and spelling in your posts.

-Proofread your posts for incorrect spelling, grammar and punctuation, and missing letters. Personally I find it next to impossible to read posts where every paragraph is smushed together and the ‘I’s aren’t capitalized and there’s no ’ in I’m. And its hard to red post when leters ar missng. Stuff like that.

-Post at least three times a week.

:arrow: This is rated 16+ for violence and horror scenes only. That means

-Minimal cursing. Only when absolutely necessary, so even if you think it’s in character, I don’t want cursing every or every other post. Minimal mild words, and no strong words. Please just use euphemisms instead of bleeping words (with stars or dashes or something.)

-No ‘adult romance’ or suggestive dialogue. Minimal romance is allowed. This is an action story, not a soap opera. Besides, I hate reading stuff like that, and I know I’m not alone.

-No drugs. By drugs I mean smoking, pills, alcohol, and stuff like that.

I would like to mention once again, this is rated 16+ for violence and horrow scenes. If horror movies creep you out a little too much, or Indiana Jones is too much for you, I would suggest you not join this SB.

:!: Camp Rules: :!:

1.) Torture, deadly weapons, etc. are forbidden.

2.) Mental weapons are allowed, such as fear, intimidation, and blackmail.

3.) Hostage taking is allowed.

4.) Wrestling, kicking, punching and other forms of hand-to-hand combat are allowed.

5.) Only certain arms are allowed. The list is composed of:

-Nerf guns (modified bullets are allowed so long as they are blunt)
-Nerf swords/clubs
-Paintball guns
-Bows and blunted arrows
-Slingshots (paintballs as ammunition)
-Airsoft BB guns

6.) You may not switch sides.

7.) To win, you must either a. force the entire opposing team to surrender, b. force the Commander of the opposing team to surrender, or c. steal the opposing team’s Data Source (the disc with information on every player).

:!: Sides: :!:

Each side has forty players, twenty boys and twenty girls.

Hawks: Due to the extra forest area on their territory, Hawks specialize in aerial sneak attacks, scouts hiding in the trees that line the banks and ambushing should the need arise. They have the advantage with the terrain being wooded and cluttered.

Although the terrain can give them an advantage, it can also be their doom, providing areas for the enemy to hide.

Cobras: Their territory, being composed almost entirely of hills, makes the Cobras use sharpshooters as much as possible. Strategy is a much larger part of the game here, with the terrain being so open.

This fact can be their blessing, with the enemy being exposed most of the time.

:!: Buildings/Rooms: :!:

Dormitories – There are four dormitories on each territory, each with five rooms, two people (of the same gender) per room. Aside from the five rooms is a simple sitting area.

Headquarters: An area which consists of one tent for medical, one for the mess hall/meeting room, and a smaller one for the strategists.

Training Facility: Exercise equipment, a gym, and spaces for wrestling and fencing practices.

Shooting Range: To practice everything else, from Nerf guns to bows to Airsoft rifles.

Moderator buildings: The headquarters and living quarters for Moderators. The Moderators are the one making sure we follow the rules. There are cameras everywhere; in every room in every building except the bathrooms (the dorm rooms have silk screens so you can change privately). Outdoor areas are monitored by satellite. You almost never see a Moderator; they only show up to kick you out for breaking the rules.

Patrol Houses: Holds extra supplies for when someone’s out for multiple days at a time.

:!: Character Profile Template: :!:

All wear camouflage uniform, a full-face protective mask, and dog tags with their name, age, side and dorm number on them.

Full Name:

Codename: (what they call you on walkie-talkie)

Grade:

Skill: (choose only one: strategy, stealth, combat, surveillance, or none)

Weapon of Choice: (up to two, see ‘Physical weapons allowed’)

Side:

Appearance:

Picture:

Mask: (You can have whatever you want, but it has to be protective, like a paintball mask)

Personality:

History:

Up for love?:

Other:

I think that’s everything. I’d love it if you’d join. Have fun!

Discussion Thread.
Attachments
NerfWars.png
Map of the territories.
NerfWars.png (95.6 KiB) Viewed 445 times
NerfWarsImage.png
NerfWarsImage.png (82.75 KiB) Viewed 112 times
Last edited by TexanWriter on Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:01 am, edited 18 times in total.
Religion without science is lame; science without religion is blind.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

88 Reviews

Reviews: 88
Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:52 am
TexanWriter says...

Full Name: Krystal Isabelle McIntyre (Nicknamed “Kim”)

Codename: Fawn

Grade: 10th

Skill: Stealth

Weapon of Choice: Bow and arrow, Nerf sword

Side: Hawks

Appearance: Boy-cut brown hair. Her eyes are a pretty light teal, but emotionless. She tends to look bored, except for when she’s scheming, when her painted pink lips curl into a Cheshire cat smile and her eyes sparkle. Her skin is pale, which makes her hair and lips stand out more. Nice features. Stands at 5’ 7” and weighs 135 Lbs. Muscular.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Mask:
Spoiler! :

Personality: If her team is losing, she’ll root for the winning team. She has a psychological need to win. Losing… well, that’s just not an option. She’ll do anything, no matter how drastic, to come out on top. She doesn’t take part in things she thinks she’ll lose, and she’s here for her third year.

Aside from that, she’s a nice person. She can be very mischievous, and has a dry, sarcastic sense of humor, but otherwise, she’s nice.

History: Both her parents were in the military at some point or another, and just knew military school would be good for her. When she refused to go, they showed her the brochure for the camp. She put forth full enthusiasm. Since that year she has put forth full effort, and even gone on into the year-round Academy Battle, the academic version of the Summer Nerf Wars along with SNW.

Up for love?: Yes

Other: Puts ketchup on everything she eats.

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.

Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school.

-Albert Einstein

151 Reviews

Reviews: 151
Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:09 am
Forestqueen808 says...

Full Name: Katie Jackson

Codename: Viper

Grade: Sophomore (10th)

Skill: combat

Weapon of Choice: Airsoft BB Gun and Slingshot

Side: Cobras

Appearance: She is very pretty and has long brown hair. she has hazel brown/green eyes and is slim and has fair skin.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Mask:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She is very competitive and prideful. If someone insults her, she'll get them back, physically. She is one to defend those who she loves, and can actually make friends easily, as long as they don't make fun of her seriously.

History: Katie's mother died when she was four, since then she had been raised by her dad. Her dad took her paintballing and hunting and they go target shooting frequently. She still misses her mom, but her dad is everything to her.

Up for love?: Yes
Sorrow lasts through this night
I'll take this piece of you,
and hold for all eternity
For just one second I felt whole... as you flew right through me.

~Sorrow by Flyleaf

541 Reviews

Reviews: 541
Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:21 am
Lauren2010 says...

Full Name: Amelia "Amy" Lane

Codename: Shades

Grade: 12

Skill: strategy

Weapon of Choice: paintball gun and slingshot

Side: Cobra

Appearance: Brown hair to just past her shoulders, hazel eyes (though when she's not wearing the mask she is wearing dark sunglasses), pretty muscular but lean. Likes to dress in tank tops, t-shirts, and jeans

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Mask:
Spoiler! :

Personality: Amy's pretty intense in all aspects of her personality. She is really into high-risk adventuring type things. She's exciting and loud, but knows when it's time to take things seriously.

History: Amy has been blind since birth, but she has never let it stop her. She's been a high-adventure type of girl her entire life and has a knack for strategy. Other than her blindness and thrill-seeking she has led a pretty normal life.

Up for love?: sure

Other: Since she is blind, her other senses are fine-tuned in order to compensate. She is able to function almost normally without sight. She doesn't use a cane, and she has a guide dog but didn't bring him along.
Last edited by Lauren2010 on Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Got YWS?

88 Reviews

Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:31 am
TexanWriter says...

Thanks for joining! We'll start when we have at least four players on each team.

-Albert Einstein

143 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 143
Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:01 am
LovelessSummer says...

Name: Junni Armez Stayler
Codename: Snipe
Weapon of Choice: Painball gun, and bow and arrow.
Side: Hawks
Apperance: (( edit )) Long, surfer like, blond/brown hair with hazel eyes. He's tall with a bit of muscle on his upper body. He has red lips and a bit of stubble.
Picture: http://www.haircutshairstyles.com/img/p ... yle158.jpg
Mask: Its a black wood mask with white streaks around the edges with red dots lining the streaks. The wood is a deep black.
Personality: He's calm and laid back most of the time. He has neutral views on everything. He's not one to be shy, he speaks his mind all the time, which tends to get him in trouble. He says what he wants without taking other's possible reactions into consideration. He likes giving orders, but doesn't follow them if he thinks he has a better plan.
History: - Will be revealed later, possibly by a camp fire or something. :] -
Up for love?: Naturally.
Other: He hates working alone and is really flexible. He has a habit of biting his lip and pulling on his hair.
Last edited by LovelessSummer on Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
LoVeLeSs I review short stories and novels.

Always remember that you’re unique. Just like everyone else.

The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

1260 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1260
Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:04 am
Elinor says...

Spot Saved for Hawk Girl [Age 17]

All our dreams can come true — if we have the courage to pursue them.

-- Walt Disney

88 Reviews

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:12 am
TexanWriter says...

Wow, it's popular! Thanks for joining!

-Albert Einstein

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:27 am
Vanadis says...

Can I save a spot for the Cobra boy age 17? I'll edit my profile into this space when I make it. Thanks! Sounds fun!

EDIT: Oops, forgot to put it in here instead. Oh well, it's down there now. :D
Last edited by Vanadis on Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

88 Reviews

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:36 am
TexanWriter says...

Sure, Vanadis!

And thanks for adding a written description, LoVeSs.

-Albert Einstein

123 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 123
Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:12 am
Vanadis says...

Full Name: Felix Underhill

Codename: Tiger

Weapon of Choice: Paintball gun (main) and Nerf sword (when all else fails.)

Side: Cobra

Appearance: Dark brown, messy hair. Light brown eyes. Toned, but not really that muscular. Has a bit of a tan. He likes to wear tee shirts and comfortable jeans--anything easy to move around in.

Picture:
Spoiler! :

Mask:
Spoiler! :

Personality: For the most part a nice guy, but is very competitive and can be extremely stand-offish. Opinionated and sometimes offends people by accident by saying really stupid things, but will usually apologize. He balances himself out--or tries to, anyway.

History: When he was fourteen, his father was killed overseas, so he's been living with his overprotective, smothering mother. The only thing she accomplished was pushing him farther away, but despite that, he tried to have as much of a normal childhood as he could by surrounding himself with good friends. He got his grandfather to eventually convince his mother that the Summer Nerf Wars build character and that a summer away from home would be good for both of them.

Up for love?: Yes.
We've got deep-fried water bears and horse wigs!

If you're slapped in Guam, you're slapped in real life. --chibibo

Need someone to review your novel? Why don't you try checking here? Buddy up!

Last time I checked, love had no gender.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:44 pm
Silversun says...

I call the spot for Girl age 15 on Hawks! :)
Have you ever smelled sunshine? Have you tasted the color orange? I know how you can... post880303.html#p880303

This is a gift. It comes with a price.
Who is lamb and who is the knife?
-Florence and the Machine

98 Reviews

Reviews: 98
Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:13 pm
curiousvampire says...

Save a spot for me! Cobra, guy 15
"I became insane,with long intervals of horrible insanity."

"Their ideology is that human nature is fundamentally evil.In other words, humans are evil from the day they are born."

"Human is beatiful. Perfect is boring."

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:54 pm
View Likes
Howler says...

Full Name: Joe Derrian

Codename: East

Grade: 11

Weapon of Choice: Paintball Gun (Used for Sniping), and a blunt nerf bat (essentially a sword, just rounder and more blunt. I'm sure it's acceptable, why wouldn't it be?)

Side: Cobras

Picture:
Spoiler! :
Image I don't care if he's a cartoon, or a video game character/class, he's who I imagined for this character, so use your imagination; make him more real.

Mask:
Spoiler! :
ImageAgain, don't care if it's a cartoon; that mask is awesome.

Personality: Joe fights the same way that he acts; quick, focused, honest, effitiently, and from a distance (prefferably).

History: Joe comes from a decently rich family, and fell in love with gun play because of his father, a skeet shooting enthusiast. He took up guns for as long as he could remember, and became one of the best shots anybody had ever seen. Until they finally banned them, he brought a number of paintball and BB guns to school just to show off, shooting cans. When he didn't have something to practice at school, he took up baseball and found he had an excellent batting arm. He doesn't have any need for the prize money, he just wants to shoot and win.

Up for love?: Not entirely

Other: His bat swing is incredibly strong, DO NOT get too close, or too far (as to get sniped from a distance).
Last edited by Howler on Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I'm fearless in my heart
They will always see that in my eyes
I am the passion, I am the warfare
I will never stop
Always constant,
Accurate,
Intense"
"The Audience is Listening", by Steve Vai

351 Reviews

Reviews: 351
Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:38 pm
ToritheMonster says...

Full Name: Felicia Xiomara

Codename: Blue

Grade:junior in high school

Skill: combat

Weapon of Choice: modified gun, nerf sword

Side:Cobra

Appearance: Felicia is albino, as is her mother and grandfather on her Dad's side. She is quite proud of it, and wears bright blue contacts to enhance her already blue eyes (yes, albinos often have blue eyes). She is slim but athletic, and wears long sleeves and pants so she doesn't have to always put on sunscreen.

Picture:
Spoiler! :
However, she would wear long sleeves and pants, and she doesn't have the dark personality suggested by this picture.

Mask:
Spoiler! :

Personality: She has two sides: a bubbly, cheerful one when she's with her friends and at school, and a fierce dark, ruthless one when she's fighting. When she's not in battle, she's your best friend, but on the field- watch your back.

History: She has a normal home life- one brother, a cat (she loves cats) and her parents. Both are supportive and kind. She was always popular in school despite her lack of pigmentation, and excelled in sports. She began fencing, judo, and target shooting at the ages of 4, 5, and 7 respectively. Her dad was recently laid off, so she jumped at the opportunity to earn a scholarship.

Up for love?: Sure, but she has a boyfriend back home.

Other:She gets straight A's except for in Math, where she hardly pulls a B.
Honey, you should see me in a crown.

No one achieves anything alone.
— Leslie Knope