User avatar

tronks

tronks

  • Novel / Chapter » Teen Fiction, Culture Re: Goals of two types: Spencers Adventures Intro.

    You've got all the character traits set up, but the story telling itself is a bit rough. You're using a lot of telling, and this increases the pacing. The pacing ...

    Jul 30, 2014
  • Short Story » General, Science Fiction Re: Opportunities

    Everything's reading smoothly until-- Her dark brown hair fell in front of her broad shoulders. She didn’t bother. (She didn't bother what? The sentence seems incomplete.) She looked back at ...

    Jan 10, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Fantasy Re: Paralleled-[chapter two]

    I started to run towards the source of sound, blinded by the heat, the smells and acted on instinct. This reads pretty shaky. Try this: I started to run towards ...

    Jan 10, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Mystery / Suspense Re: Sons of Courage Book 1 Chapter 5 Delivering the baby; Recsuer

    So much destruction had been caused by her father. (simple typo) I think you do a bit too much telling, like: Tina could detect that Saroo was struggling with her ...

    Oct 3, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Dramatic Re: Dontae's Battle with the Past Chapter 7

    We must have been too late to save Veronica. (I changed this) He ran towards Veronica when a hole opened up, causing floorboards to fall. (I see what you're saying ...

    Aug 6, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Rings of Rhea - Part 1.5

    Craig can do nothing but wait for her endless survey to finish. (this might make the sentence sound smoother) ...her gaze edges around at a snail’s pace like a clock ...

    Aug 5, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, Other Re: Hate Turns to Love- Proluge

    Four years ago all my emotions died along with my parents'. (You made these possessive when they weren't) The day my parents passed I was put in an orphanage because ...

    Aug 5, 2013
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Mystery / Suspense Re: The Whole 8 1/2 Yards

    I love stories with villains as characters, but usually the villain thinks he's doing good. He doesn't see himself as evil at all you know? This story has a lot ...

    Jul 29, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Science Fiction Re: The Compendium of Truth: Chapter 3

    I haven't read your previous chapters, but I just saw this needed to be read so I picked it out. For this paragraph, I'd separate it as: "Hello!" says the ...

    Jul 29, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: And the beast begins to sing (Chapter 1)

    "Are you sure? You've said that about three others" just missing the end mark Ucanlas Cemetery. One entrance. One exit. Never visited, it was the home of the forgotten. If ...

    Jul 17, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Mystery / Suspense, General Re: Disaster Zone: Chapter Five: Twenty Questions

    I just threw myself into this, without reading the other chapters. From the beginning, it's written very well. You describe everything in action just as it should be. Although I ...

    Jul 6, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Teen Fiction Re: The Compendium of Truth: Chapter 2

    I haven't read the first chapter, so this is just based on ch 2. I love the narration. I can really feel for the main character with internal dialogue like ...

    Jul 6, 2013
  • Short Story » Realistic, General Re: New Found Freedom!

    I love this short story and the way it opens up to someone who's a cheater. It's interesting to see a character with this trait! Your story also flowed well. ...

    Jul 6, 2013
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, Satire Re: Fiasco

    The Bank Of America San Francisco, where I;m supposed to walk in (semicolon misplacement) " Oh, sorry I will back off." (might read better as I'll back off) The only ...

    Jul 6, 2013
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, Teen Fiction Re: ​"Wild Nowhere" - Prologue

    The beginning doesn't quite lure the reader in because it's telling instead of showing. You need to SHOW us who Alejandra is, and show us her age (like, in her ...

    Jul 6, 2013


I haven't failed, I've found 10,000 ways that don't work.
— Thomas Edison