User avatar

scribblingquill

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Im Growing

    this seems like a This Poem Is Me type poem? About the different aspects of yourself. Its a nice piece definitely, i have one myself about growing up that this ...

    Oct 29, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: A Teenager's Question

    lullaby shore thats brilliant i think some of the rest seems slightly irrelevant. To make it more focused, you could continue with this idea of the lullaby shore as childhood, ...

    Oct 29, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: your smile :)

    hmm potential basic idea not bad, i like the "her name is Girlfriend" part- like Husband from Peter Pan no? you could say that was a comment on innocence and ...

    Oct 29, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: I miss you

    the rhymes are too forced. its obvious you would not be talking about kittens if you didn't have to rhyme. Romantic? fantastic? I found it a bit shallow, and didn't ...

    Oct 29, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: This Poem is Me

    This is nice, simple. I think maybe the "this is me" is repeated too many times for how much is in between them. Perhaps you could put them at the ...

    Oct 27, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: My Heart

    this is too short to be really original, and is a very used idea. anguish and heartbreak = been done to death. im breaking out the tough love on you, ...

    Oct 26, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: How?

    i agree that the first few stanzas while they're definitely not bad at all (and you get some real bad stuff on here. really) the last stanza is far better ...

    Oct 26, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Fire Inside

    Obviously you've put a lot of thought into what your poem means, and i think the things you are trying to convey are very interesting, but i think the whole ...

    Oct 26, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Truth

    I do agree it gets quite disorganized especially in the second half. i think the first half is good, but there are definitly too many questions all in one go. ...

    Oct 26, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Star-Lit City

    :D i likey the star-lit city part is a great image, and i like the general concept, just one thing. I thought you could probably change the "continuing the Never-ending ...

    Oct 25, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: The land strikes back

    i have no idea what i think of the style of this poem, and the language really. I didn't hate it, but i didn't love it, however the concept is ...

    Oct 25, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Another poem!

    hey don't be annoyed about critiques on here. really no one means it in a bad way, even the most amazing poems people aren't afraid to say things they didn't ...

    Oct 25, 2008
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: The Treefort

    hmm I'm not sure what this is, and i guess its not really my usual thing, however i do like the whole child-hierarchy thing you got going on. And your ...

    Oct 25, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Seat Belts and Cigarettes

    how come there are no comments?! I fucking love this. its so... "“My work is done here,” I said to myself. I’m good at my job." "I’m drunk right now. ...

    Oct 24, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Sometimes I

    some of the lines are pretty cool, but I'd say if you're new to poetry don't box yourself in with strict rhym schemes. Sometimes it seems like you're only saying ...

    Oct 24, 2008


Teach a man to fish, he eats for a day. Don't teach a man to fish, you eat for a day. He's a grown man. Fishing's not that hard.
— Ron Swanson (Parks and Rec)