User avatar

lyrical_sunshine

  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Mad Hatter's Tea Party

    So, I really really like this, which is why I'm being nit-picky. Okay? Okay. Here it goes. :) Alice stumbled out of the forest, which, when she looked back, seemed ...

    Dec 29, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: The Hunger Games

    *gasps* Just finished this book. Loved it. Stayed up until 1 to finish it, even though I had church the next morning. Literally yelped when it ended. "Noooo, Suzanne Collins! ...

    Dec 22, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Glass eyes and Ghosts

    It looks like everyone else covered all the grammatical errors and everything, so I'm just going to give you my opinion. Honestly, I didn't read this whole piece. Not because ...

    Dec 22, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Deleted

    This. Was. Fabulous. I always feel slightly guilty giving glowing reviews, because I know most people prefer constructive criticism. But honestly, I found next to nothing wrong with this. The ...

    Dec 20, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I Believe In God

    My church smells like cologne. :D Random fact that I doubt you care about. Right, onto the poem: I happen to agree with Snoink. I think this is a fine ...

    Dec 19, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Forgotten- Prologue

    I recently had a new idea for a novel, and only just got around to writing the prologue. Here it was, enjoy! My breath became labored. Loud and huffed, I ...

    Dec 17, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Timekeeper - Prologue

    You wrote "form" instead of "from." That was the only thing I caught that everyone else didn't critique already. That said, I really enjoyed this piece. The title alone caught ...

    Dec 11, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Innocently Guilty

    You've got some lovely description here, but I'd like to see a little bit more suspense, plot and character development. Yes, it is the opening scene, but you need to ...

    Dec 10, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Broken - 10

    I just read all ten chapters without stopping, without reviewing, saving up my many, many compliments for this chapter. This is beautiful. I'm truly in awe of you. Not only ...

    Dec 1, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: All part of the camouflage

    Note: I originally started this for Cal's contest. The one where you had to use three quotes... But due to tons of schoolwork and such I didn't finish it even ...

    Dec 1, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: [Removed]

    You are a very imaginative storyteller. This was pretty good. You need to watch your tenses though - you switched from past to present a few times. Also, I feel ...

    Dec 1, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: ...

    I was totally waiting for some sadistic second chapter where he grows up and becomes a cutter or something. Or maybe stabs those mean kids in his school. :shock: I'm ...

    Dec 1, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Scavenger - 1.1

    The wind whimpered down Londlow’s narrow cobbled streets. It caught at the thatched or tiled roofs of the houses, rippled the surface of a new puddle in the gutter and ...

    Nov 30, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Worst Book You've Ever Read

    It's amazing how subjective books are. I've seen some of my favorites listed under the HATE HATE HATE column. :) I really didn't like "I Know Why the Caged Bird ...

    Nov 28, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Will a story save my sanity

    It's a very interesting story...I like where you're going with it. But you definitely, DEFINITELY need to watch for typos. Such as the word "women" - it should be "woman." ...

    Oct 25, 2008


One believes things because one has been conditioned to believe them.
— Aldous Huxley, Brave New World