User avatar

blackpencil

  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Behind The Looking Glass: The Awakening (Chapter 1)

    Arr, I be blackpencil an' I be 'ere to review yer work, landlubber! So anyway, I like how you didn't infodump the character's appearances. A lot of people to that ...

    Oct 2, 2009
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: The Girl on the Highway

    Hello, this is blackpencil here to review your work! First off, you changed tenses from past to present in only two sentences. You got to watch that. Also, your sentences ...

    Oct 2, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: The Storm: A Beyond Zenith Gamma Squad Adventure (Edit)

    Hey, I'm blackpencil and I'll review your work today. First of all, sorry to say it, but this story made me feel as if it was written by a kid. ...

    Oct 2, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: This World

    I thought this was really good, acutally, but maybe you overdid the depression level a bit? When you came across it you should've rewritten the end to make it end ...

    Oct 1, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Baqiyyah's Lilies

    Wow I liked that. It was sort of confusing though, but I guess it wasn't really supposed to make sense. It seemed to me that this was a very symbolice ...

    Oct 1, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: How to save your life, Chap. 1/Part. 1: I'm alive

    Hi it's blackpencil again and I would like to review this first part of the first chapter. " I f I’m alive, then I have to spend every day of ...

    Sep 29, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: How to save your life; prologue

    Wow. I love it. Sorry, I'm afraid we're out of ripping to shreds in the blackpencil department, but would you care for some praise? First of all, I love how ...

    Sep 25, 2009
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Glimmer

    Hello, bonjour, hallo, ola, ciao, whatever thou speaketh, I am Mr. blackpencil and I wish to review your work, thank you very much. Okay! Let's begin. First of all... AAAAARGH!!! ...

    Sep 25, 2009
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Disappear into Seas and Stones

    Nice job. I myself have been reading narrative poetry because I am interested in writing my own. You were right, you do have punctuation errors, but I'm not going to ...

    Sep 15, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Keeper: [1] *edited*

    Laelia seemed to hot here, in her striped over sized sweater that was curled at her wrist. She sat with 19-year old Zack and some of his friends, Morgan and ...

    Sep 15, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Jack-in-the-book (1)

    Wow. Near perfect grammar, no infordumps, not too fast, not boring, simply amazing. I LOVE IT! It smelled like fresh paint and old books, and maybe a little mold. There ...

    Sep 14, 2009
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: From Maid to Mother

    Ok, sorry about this, but I'm going to have to tear this apart. Your grammer seems really good, which is new to me. This story is way to fast, way ...

    Sep 14, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Fighting Fire (Prologue, and Chapters 1, 2) (just added 2)

    Good story, but I am about to rip it apart. Sorry! First of all, The prologue is pretty unnescessary (no, I can't spell that right). You could have put it ...

    Sep 14, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Hello

    I love how you made a poem just by this one event! That shows talent in a poet! Or has this been multiple times? Heh heh heh... Even though some ...

    Sep 14, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Save me (prologue)

    Hey, I'm blackpencil and I'm reviewing your work today. First of all, it seems extremely interesting, and I like the way you start it off. I guess the weird things ...

    Sep 14, 2009


Few things are harder to put up with than the annoyance of a good example.
— Mark Twain