User avatar

aspiringauthor17

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: An Insomniac's Poem

    I really like this! As many have not spent a good night's sleep, I'm sure we can all relate to this. You have a good writing style! The imagery is ...

    Aug 14, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: If I Could Make Music

    Yes, I agree, it is kind of silly, but I like it! It kind of reminds me of Dr. Seuss' writing style! Lots of enthusiasm! In the second line of ...

    Aug 14, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I can taste the color purple

    I love this in every single way! No nitpicks, only positive comments from me! Keep on writing, you have a talent! ~Lindsay "There is no honorable way to kill, no ...

    Aug 12, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Suicide (remake sort of)

    I really like this! It's great in every way! The way it flows, the imagery, the similes, and most of all, the emotion that seems to genuinely be flowing from ...

    Aug 12, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Act - 2

    Yes, this poem is very good for someone who was half asleep at the time of writing! I do though, have a few criticisms. First of all, the grammar. Second ...

    Aug 12, 2010
  • Lyrics » General, General Re: Pushing Me Away(lyrics)

    Yes, there is a forum for lyrics. This certainly does not belong in Dramatic Poetry. All the lyrics in this song talks about is trying to get away from a ...

    Aug 12, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: ShortSad

    Umm, I agree, this poem is certainly "interesting".... but somewhat morose. Maybe you could elaborate a bit more on the unspilled tears of yours in that poem. I sincerely hope ...

    Aug 12, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: To Be Friend and Foe

    If this is at present tense, maybe you should change the second line to, "The salty breeze washing over my face." It sounds better nevertheless. In the fifth stanza, I ...

    Aug 12, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Broken Glass (Edited title)

    I agree with Abby and the other reviewer, one might (as I did), see the title and misguided, think that this is in fact the Robert Frost poem. Maybe you ...

    Aug 12, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Eternal Friend

    The poem excellent! You're a true writer! The imagery of the poem is nice and very consistent, and as the other reviewers said, the similes are great! My only problem ...

    Aug 12, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: 1 wish

    This poem is great! Simple yet emotional at the same time! I really like it! Keep on writing, you have a talent! Especially for poetry! ~Lindsay "When we have lost ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Ultraviolet Catastrophe -- Summer Poetry 2010

    Dude, one word! CAPITALIZATION! You truly have some great stuff in there, but the punctuation errors in there are getting in the way! Keep on writing, you have a talent! ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: A peom of lines

    Ok, the poem itself was essentially good on the whole, but you've got some major punctuation issues. Ever heard of commas? Also, you spelled lying wrong, and I just don't ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Blank Memories?

    Why are some verbs capitalized? You repeat some words in endings. Are you trying to hard for things to rhyme? For different word choices, check out a thesaurus for synonyms. ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Awake

    This is a great poem! Very original, and has a great stanza. Other than the fact that you should look into capitalization, I see nothing wrong with this poem, only ...

    Aug 11, 2010


The heavens laugh with you in your jubilee; my heart is at your festival.
— William Shakespeare