Random avatar

TheEnigma

  • Short Story » General, General Re: Ain't ya, kid

    You're right, this does read easily. Nevertheless, I'd recommend breaking it up a little, because it was quite long. I think your characters--especially Mina and your MC--were excellent. They were ...

    Aug 19, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Turtle and the Frog--Written at Age 10

    Well, I've kind of forgotten the turtle and the hare story but I liked this a lot. If only I could win a couple tickets to Cuba that easily...ah, well. ...

    Aug 18, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Depression

    You do a really good job creating a gloomy mood here. I liked your rhyme scene a lot. There were just a couple things I saw: is what it it ...

    Aug 18, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Take My Breath- Chapter 2 (and edited Chapter 1)

    I have to say, I really enjoyed your main character. He has such an original voice. You did a very good job quickly injecting mystery and suspense into the story ...

    Aug 17, 2010
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: .

    I'm not sure why this is in romantic stories, but I really liked it anyways. Your hook was excellent. It told me right off who the main character was and ...

    Aug 16, 2010
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: The reunoin

    Heh, heh, I liked the scene where she dropped her binder. Maybe a little too dramatic, but you captured a lot of the awkwardness afterward. I won't nitpick 'cause it ...

    Aug 15, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fanfiction, General Re: Bellatrix and Severus: A Love Story :smt055

    Wow, it's really short but such a new idea. I have trouble picturing Bellatrix at age seventeen, standing in front of a mirror and moaning over her hair. That's so ...

    Aug 15, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: The Diary Of Jane Chapter 4 The Hunt

    It was a good start, but as you went on I grew confused, especially here: He was talking to someone next to me, clear as night as she was day ...

    Aug 15, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Kiss Me In The Dark: Chapter Two

    Wow, this was a lot of writing. I'm thinking maybe you should break it up a little. Bear with me as I review, I missed your first chapter so if ...

    Aug 14, 2010
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: Sweet Sixteen

    Many times we feel that having our birthday--especially our sixteenth-- will make us feel older or different in some way. But the way you told it--nothing really seems to change--was ...

    Aug 14, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: I'm just a fish

    Wow, I like this! It's such a great point of view to write from. Who would have thought to write from the point of view of a fish? No one, ...

    Aug 14, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Alexis and the Puffballs chapter 6

    Before I actually review this, I just have a couple quick suggestions on posting. For some reason you can't use the tab button when you post a story. So what ...

    Aug 14, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: Big City Life (4)

    I like this--it's honest--but I think there are a few things you could expand upon. Here are my suggestions: "Tom! Get up!" I could hear Jane screaming from downstairs. Ugh, ...

    Aug 13, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Scarlet Killer~1

    Your first couple sentences are great. You hooked me right away and set the scene at the same time. Of course, this is short for a first chapter (though you ...

    Aug 11, 2010
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The last day

    This is great! That was a total twist at the end. I wasn't expecting it at all. I was sure this was going to be a tragic story of hopelessness ...

    Aug 10, 2010


Life is like an onion. You peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.
— Carl Sandburg