Random avatar

Silverstar

  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Tenative Chapter 1 for Keeper

    I read it, and I see where you're trying to go but... I don't get a feel for the characters. The dialogue seems very forced, in most places, and in ...

    Oct 31, 2006
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Throne of Chaos

    Crit coming soon... :D And here it is! Okay. Spelling and grammar seems to have been attended to by other reviewers, so I'll go ahead with the basic story and ...

    Oct 17, 2006
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Fool's Duel: Contrition

    I loved this. Always been a fan of stuff like this. About the foreword- The main thing I had a problem with here was excessive use of commas, which kind ...

    Sep 26, 2006
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Time of the Treelings - Chapter #1

    Good to see more of this story. Keep it up! I noticed that in the first part you put a line between paragraphs, but discontinued it after a while. this ...

    Nov 4, 2005
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Time of the Treelings - Prologue

    Nice story, from waht I can see. Elves are always good! Try to look through, I see a number of commas where there should be periods. ~ Coriacan, a young ...

    Nov 1, 2005
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Cid (A twisted Cinderella Story)

    How I always do it (the only way that seems to work)i s double space paragraphs. Like so. Before: After the lunch rush had subsided, Cid's wicked stepmother barged into ...

    Oct 21, 2005
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Gathering of Tales

    I really like the idea of having stories like that. Most of everything has been covered, but here's some comments. It seems strange that his 'night clothes' as it said ...

    Oct 11, 2005
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Eldest

    *coughcoughahem* I really, shouldn't, but I will. Against my better judgement. My Two Bits I was not impressed at all by the first one. The plot was seriously cliched, and ...

    Sep 27, 2005
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Footsteps in new snow

    I like the world you seem to have here, but there are a few SPaG errors. (Wait. Is that term used on here? Spelling Punctuation and Grammar so not to ...

    Sep 21, 2005
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter?

    No contest. LotR all the way. Actually, the Silmarillion is better, *high fives Erethror* As for too much description? Its a matter of taste. And for me, what mood I'm ...

    Sep 15, 2005
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Working Title: .... uh, I dont have one

    I'll jump right in here. The first paragraph there is beautiful, nice description, but if I were you I'd cut some of it out. The sad truth is that too ...

    Sep 14, 2005
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Fire's Eclipse

    *rubs hands* My first review. How nice. One thing I would say, just as a formatting thing, is put a space between paragraphs. It makes it easier to read. She ...

    Sep 13, 2005


I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy