User avatar

ShaikhTheWorld

  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: I couldn't sell my soul to my own poem

    Hi! Shakespeare? Don't you mean... Shaikhspeare?! (okay, sorry xD) Indeed, this was intended to be Spoken Word to an extent, and I understand how deleting certain parts may have improved ...

    Mar 31, 2018
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: I couldn't sell my soul to my own poem

    Thanks for pointing the unreadable nature out - I'll add the text form of the poem in a bit for others with the same problem. The use of 'Swag' at ...

    Mar 28, 2018
  • Poetry » Spiritual, Lyrical Re: What do I want for when I die?

    Hello there! First of all, I have to thank you for how supportive you are throughout your review - reading it made my day! :D Indeed, I deliberately disrupted the ...

    Mar 27, 2018
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Spiritual Re: There's a storm brewing

    Hello there! Thanks for your informative review! :D Yes, the poem's 'beat' is personal and powerful to me, but won't necessarily translate to all my viewers - especially due to ...

    Mar 26, 2018
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Spiritual Re: There's a storm brewing

    I felt the story had to be longer since I was explaining my own absence and subsequent return - but I do agree that it could still have been made ...

    Mar 25, 2018
  • Poetry » Spiritual, Lyrical Re: What do I want for when I die?

    I wrote this poem in a single setting, upon receiving divine revelation in a shaikhy form, hence the problems with being slightly wordy with somewhat inconsistent flow. xD Kidding aside, ...

    Mar 25, 2018
  • Poetry » Spiritual, Lyrical Re: What do I want for when I die?

    Thanks for your comment! :D

    Mar 24, 2018
  • Poetry » Spiritual, Lyrical Re: What do I want for when I die?

    Hey there! I usually group my lines in fours, this poem just turned out different, in a good way. :3 I understand where you're coming from with the "I want:" ...

    Mar 23, 2018
  • Poetry » Spiritual, Lyrical Re: What do I want for when I die?

    This review was a pleasant read. Thank you for your kind words! :D

    Mar 22, 2018
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Spiritual Re: There's a storm brewing

    Yes, just noticed it and replied - thanks again! :3

    Mar 20, 2018
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Spiritual Re: There's a storm brewing

    Ah, I didn't realize that. 0_0 It's completely alright, thanks a ton for what you've already done - you can attempt the poem review whenever you feel like it. I'll ...

    Mar 20, 2018
  • Poetry » Dramatic, Spiritual Re: There's a storm brewing

    Hmm, I knew about word economy, but didn't think about the problem of purple prose. And yet, reading your article points me towards some red flags - thanks for that! ...

    Mar 19, 2018
  • Article / Essay » Spiritual, Dramatic Re: ShaikhTheWorld

    Thank you for your excellent review! Everything is so spot on, I'm dumbfounded! :3 You've been able to read what my intent was with the piece, as well as quoted ...

    Mar 18, 2018
  • Article / Essay » Spiritual, Dramatic Re: ShaikhTheWorld

    Haven't seen 'This is Us', but it sounds like a great show! I agree with you on what makes art so beautiful, and especially enjoy reading the interpretations of it ...

    Mar 17, 2018
  • Poetry » Spiritual, Realistic Re: Direction

    I realized that I forgot to give a 'Like' to your work, my bad. :P This was my first review on the site with this account, so thank you for ...

    Mar 17, 2018


I drink from the Keg of Glory! Bring me the finest muffins and bagels in the land!
— Josh Lyman, The West Wing