User avatar

Pattycakes

  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Water

    Abby stood at the edge of the ocean. The water came up and licked her toes. The wind was blowing, making her blond hair and white skirt blow in the ...

    Jul 8, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: ProjeKt Oath chap 1

    Allright, this is my review of prologue + chapter one. I like the general direction this story is headed in, in places your descriptions and imagination are really well represented ...

    Jul 8, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Romantic, General Re: Crazy Little Thing I

    Let me see if I can't interject a male perspective into this story. To start off, I have to say you've made a very entertaining and believable world here. I ...

    Jul 8, 2008
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Gerrymandering (1) [edit 07/01]

    Haha, this is really awesome. It had me laughing a lot, the combination of random humor and political commentary intermingles very well. The internal monologues really bring out the conflict ...

    Jul 8, 2008
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Goddess Fallen

    Very nice character study, goes deep into the mind of a lonely pathetic man, excellent physical descriptions of the girl he watches. It could've been all really heavy handed but ...

    Jul 5, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Airborne (edited 4/21/08)

    Haha, this story was really cool in a way that it had its own sort of mythos around it. Very creative, like Greek myth meets 'The Little Engine that Could.' ...

    Jul 4, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Eyes of the Empire Chap. 1

    Very cool story. I liked your opening sequence, the character clearly shows conflict with what he's doing and clearly has a past he'd like to forget. The visions thing was ...

    Jul 2, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Elements chapter 1

    You write really good descriptions! Cool way to frame the prospect of not knowing where you are, of feeling sensations without being able to see them. The little twist about ...

    Jul 2, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Triple Point - Segment 1

    To start, I think this is really good, but since you said you were looking for constructive criticism I'll try to focus on that. the tree was pock-marked from human ...

    Jul 1, 2008
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Finding the Wandering City

    I would like to say that the book in this story is one of the cooler plot devices I've seen in a while. The first time I read the transcription ...

    Jun 30, 2008
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: The Human Bullet

    Very cool. Excellent dialouge and back and forths between the troops. The explosion comes as a shock to me when I'm reading as was a nice touch. The commentary that ...

    Jun 30, 2008
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Nectar of the Gods

    I'm not familiar with the source myth so in all honesty, I can't comment on how different it is from the original but... your telling of it made for a ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: By Sun, By Moon - Chap. 1

    1. Does it continue to be interesting? 2. Anything you, as a reader, did not like or thought took away from the chapter? 1. Yes but with a caveat. I'm ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: The Ultimatum

    Very tense and dark. Your descriptions are very cinematic and you play well with repetitions of heat and cold, and light and dark. The standoff between the two agents was ...

    Jun 29, 2008
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Tangled Up In Blue

    Hey, I really liked this. There was something really raw about the piece and the shifting that I thought worked excellently with the Dylan song you titled it with. Your ...

    Jun 29, 2008


It doesn’t smell old, it just smells like a bad idea.
— James Hoffman