Random avatar

Niamh

  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Guttersnipe (updated: 10/19)

    Why isn't this already published? It's perfect. I wish I could find something to correct--I can't. The character development is discretely in depth, if that makes sense. You understand who ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Zhaim (sketch/FDWC)

    This is a brilliant character sketch. It's inspired me to try a character sketch myself. I liked the dialogue--I didn't find it hard to read. I also liked the names--unrelated ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: The Nymph, the Spirit, and the Bird

    This story holds such amazing potential! Not to say it isn't already very good, but it has room for some small improvements. I absolutely love the connection to nature within ...

    Aug 8, 2006
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Atlantis - ish

    Very interesting. I think you have an excellent start, and it will be better once you perfect your descriptions, because somewhere like Atlantis deserves a vivid depiction. Are the names ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: On War

    This was excellent. You're opnions are very visible, and it is easy to read without feeling monotonous. The only suggestion I can give that I think would improve this is ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Founderstone

    My goodness, you have such talent! The writing could not sound more professional, and in all honesty, I can't find anything that should be changed. I only suggest that you ...

    Aug 3, 2006
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Copperheads in my Kitchen

    The ending was very powerful, but I have to admit, through most of the poem, I didn't understand what you were talking about. That's not to say it wasn't well ...

    Aug 2, 2006
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Sunset

    Beautiful, and the rhyming was maginificent, except for perhaps the last line. If you could find a more appropriate way to end the poem, it would be perfect. But despite ...

    Jul 24, 2006
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: The Plague Driven. Prologue

    I really liked this--the plague is an interesting subject, and I think through your choice of words, you give an accurate temper to the story--dark and dank and miserable--I would ...

    Apr 25, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: The Old Hunter

    Wow. Not often do I come across a story that immediately sends chills down my spine. There is such meaning in this story, and the subject is definitely original. I ...

    Apr 8, 2006
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: MyNovelChallenge - Chapter I

    Very interesting story. Sorry I don't have time to read it all now. "He only stood for a moment. He was not sure; had it been long enough? Should he ...

    Apr 4, 2006
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Sans Soleil (short)

    I love this piece. It is vague, but in a good way--a way that keeps the reader involved, and that is important. My theory is simple: She is afraid of ...

    Apr 1, 2006
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: The Last Day: Trench Warfare

    It's a very good start, trench warfare is always an interesting subject. But the thing about trench warfare is the emotions those involved felt. Therefore I think it is critical ...

    Mar 29, 2006
  • Novel / Chapter » Historical Fiction, General Re: Napoleonic Fiction 8 (someone read it for once...)

    This is very interesting. I think Napoleanic Historical Fiction is an uncommon subject among younger writers, so it is impressive that you know enough about the Napoleanic times so write ...

    Jan 16, 2006


Poetry is my cheap means of transportation. By the end of the poem the reader should be in a different place from where he started. I would like him to be slightly disoriented at the end, like I drove him outside of town at night and dropped him off in a cornfield.
— Billy Collins