User avatar

Meta-Messiah

  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Freedom

    I wasn't sure about this, firstly the idea of entrapment and escape is quite a tired one, at some point we all feel trapped and as a result of that ...

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Soul

    I felt that you did a good job of communicating the sentiment of this poem, but overall I felt the poem lacked a sense of rhythm or flow, the entire ...

    Dec 1, 2006
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Lolita

    I read "Lolita" a few months ago and like Humbert and his nymphets i was totally entranced by this book. I've been on a bit of a Russian kick recently, ...

    Nov 26, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Cantilever

    I love this, Beauty and elegance carved from concrete and suspended by lace strings of steel cable. Poetic words wrought of iron. Sorry if I can't offer much critical advice ...

    Nov 22, 2006
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: An Idle Night

    I thought there was some really interesting/ beautiful imagery in here "Crystal-less and aged A slivering of lead." But as a whole there was a lack of coherence, lots of ...

    Nov 22, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Karl vs. the Kids

    I really liked this, was the old man Karl Marx by chance, don't know if i should be glad or not that various things old Marx said i have said ...

    Dec 15, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: The Crush on the Clerk

    Wasn't sure about this, the imagery wasn't anything original, if you wanna hear some really great food imagery listen to "the heart of saturday night" by Tom Waits. Also i ...

    Dec 15, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: For Acasia

    I thought this had potential, although some of the rhyming felt a little forced, also I found it a bit indecipherable at times again possibly due to forced rhyming. As ...

    Dec 15, 2005
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Ana Karenina

    I am currently just over half way through War and Peace, and have been for 2 months now, the book is becoming a true slog and i dont know why, ...

    Dec 1, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Lilliane

    I really like the imagery in this, gothic, melodramatic, very much like something i would write. but i felt the flow wasnt there, the lines didnt run off the tongue ...

    Nov 28, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Blue Eyed Boy

    I liked this but i had a few little gripes with it. I wasn't sure about the double use of "and" in the first stanza. Also i kinda felt the ...

    Nov 26, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: What Ships May Come

    Reading this poem I thought the inspiration was more recent, last few days have been real pea soupers, and the cold I am currently suffering from is due to me ...

    Nov 24, 2005
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Erasure

    I really liked this, you dealt with feelings and emotions that people often try too hard to describe, but you kept imagery and descriptions short and sweet which really worked. ...

    Nov 24, 2005
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: The Classics- Recommendations

    I've been working my way through the classics lately, my favourite has to be "crime and punishment" by Dostoyefsky I would recommend it to everyone. Currently half way through "war ...

    Oct 25, 2005


When Larry King retires in 120 years John Mulaney should replace him.
— The Internet