Ana Karenina

by Zion

Or Ана Карениња would be (i think) in its original form. This masterpiece was written by Tolstoy (spell check) somewhere in the begining of the 20th century I belive. Also the movie with Greta Garbo is sheer awesomness. ANyone red it? I highly recommend it

Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:31 pm
Meta-Messiah wrote a review...

I am currently just over half way through War and Peace, and have been for 2 months now, the book is becoming a true slog and i dont know why, i love the style, the ideas but for some reason i cant get the drive to finish it, when i do though Ana Karenina is next on my list, is it any easy to get through ?

Thu Dec 01, 2005 2:53 am
DarkerSarah wrote a review...

I love this book. One of my favorites, by far.

I like the fact that the characters aren't likeable. They're so real. And it came so long before soap operas...

Anyway...I love this book. The ending is heart-wrenching, the morphing of the characters is so natural, Tolstoy is a natural.

I say that, but I wasn't as crazy about War and Peace. Hehe.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:49 pm
Duskglimmer wrote a review...

I was forced to read it for school. The actual writing of it was phonemonal (sp?). I love the style tha Tolstoy wrote in.

But the style was the only thing that kept me reading because honestly, I despised most of the characters. I wanted to kill every single one of them at one point or another in the story and by the end of it there were only three people that I still remotely liked and one person that I just plain felt sorry for. The entire thing felt like an Russian Soap-Opera set in the past.

Thu Nov 10, 2005 12:00 pm

I keep getting halfway through it and then forgetting to pick it up again lol. I'm getting very bored with the first half of that bloody book! But yes, I agree, it is a good book from what I've read of it. Does it get any better as it goes on?

Have you met a cow or another large animal?
— Liminality