User avatar

MRMarathon

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Ms. Apt Diagnosis

    feline flowers? ( i wonder if this alludes to dandelions) I wanted to read the line as "where you can be free" but i see how the way you have ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: A difficult dad

    I would like to politely disagree with Vernon on a few points. I don't mind the vagueness of this poem. I like your rhyme pattern. It was consistent and intentional. ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Rondelet - Through Jealous Eyes

    one thing I would watch out for I suppose is the fact that you ended up rhyming the last lines of each line that wasn't the repeated line. I guess ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Your Soul to Hollywood $$$ (You’ll Never Get it Back)

    My favorite parts, "muted glints, a sharp flash" and "cocaine parties." I agree with tennisprincess. This poem reminds me of juvenile crap I used to write while listening to songs. ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Deleted

    In your poem. I think you can say so much more with so much less. I would advise first by clarifying a few issues. first, look at perfect. next look ...

    May 3, 2008
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Zero (Chapter 4)

    I'd like to say I loved that. even though i don't know the back story. One thing I would work on though would be the beginning. It seems you focus ...

    Aug 25, 2006
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Jack in the Box

    i think you have an excellent style here. what i really love about it is that you write outside of the box and more like a slick person would with ...

    Aug 23, 2006
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: I haven't written in a long time.

    seems interesting and spiteful but you're right it is a little on the bland side. i think you should create a preceding situation where there is imagery and characters involved ...

    Aug 21, 2006
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Considerably Sharp Teeth

    i would think it would be interesting to read it as a play of some kind. the dialogue moves it along very well but sometimes it would help if it ...

    Aug 19, 2006
  • Short Story » Historical Fiction, General Re: Portsmouth

    I would say if you're going to have dialect you should incorporate it from the beginning. I agree with all of the above with the "ing" thing and some parts ...

    Aug 18, 2006


The day, which was one of the first of spring, cheered even me by the loveliness of its sunshine and the balminess of the air. I felt emotions of gentleness and pleasure, that had long appeared dead, revive within me. Half surprised by the novelty of these sensations, I allowed myself to be borne away by them, and forgetting my solitude and deformity, dared to be happy.
— Mary Shelley, Frankenstein