User avatar

LukeStarkiller

LukeStarkiller

  • Poetry » Realistic, Lyrical Re: The Stage of Falling

    I really like this poem. There's some very good imagery in there, and it was a good idea to slow down the act of falling into the literary equivalent of ...

    Sep 27, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Humor Re: The Chosen Grandma, Chapter 17

    This chapter is great! It moves along at a pretty brisk pace, it's very engaging, and I thought it was pretty well-written. I have a couple of the customary-in-my-reviews nitpicks ...

    Sep 27, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Narrative Re: Chapter 4.3

    Great chapter! You did a great job of keeping things moving, even throughout the long areas of description, which isn't often easy to do. I think that overall, it would ...

    Sep 26, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Teen Fiction, Fantasy Re: Melody's Secret #2 The Old Music Sheet

    I enjoyed this chapter very much. It's interesting how much the novel has progressed from being heavily focused on music in the first chapter to having a high-school drama subplot ...

    Sep 26, 2017
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, Fantasy Re: Stray part 2 / A fictional tale from the perspective of a street dog

    Well done! I enjoyed this piece very much. It has a frantic quality to it, as if the dog (narrator) is trying to get as many words out in as ...

    Sep 26, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Teen Fiction, Fantasy Re: Melody's Secret #1 Manstros

    Not a bad start! I think the theater scene was very well-done, and you set it up really well in the first paragraph. You made some grammar mistakes that took ...

    Sep 24, 2017
  • Article / Essay » General, Spiritual Re: Why Science and Religion and Philosophy are NOT Incompatible

    This is very, very good. It's always appreciated when a writer can do two valuable things at once like you do here: you have ideas that are compelling and worth ...

    Jul 25, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Teen Fiction, Mystery / Suspense Re: Sever | Prologue: To Die For

    Well done! You did a great job of getting the reader invested in the characters even without much characterization. This prologue flows well and serves as a great hook for ...

    Jul 25, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Narrative Re: Chapter 2.2

    I had a blast, as usual, reading one of your chapters, and I get a strong sense that you know exactly where the story is going at this point. There ...

    Jul 25, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Narrative Re: Chapter 2.1 (Homeland Security)

    Well done! I really enjoyed reading this chapter. Here are some general comments I have, since there isn't much specific that is wrong with it. I am already invested in ...

    Jul 25, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Horror Re: Shadowsong: Chapter 6.2- Shadowsong

    Very nice! You're clearly a pro at making character motivation understandable and emotionally resonant. I actually like that it's a short chapter because it gives you the time to get ...

    Mar 26, 2017
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Horror Re: Shadowsong: Chapter 6.1- Shadowsong

    I'd like to start by saying that I haven't read the first few chapters of this, so my comments won't be on plot or character because I have little context ...

    Mar 26, 2017
  • Article / Essay » Dramatic, Realistic Re: Mental Cache to #1 Used Coupon; thinking alone I lost Inhibition wielding Only History

    This is a brilliant work, but to the average reader (me), it's a bit incoherent, and I think a little bit of editing would fix that. Let's start with your ...

    Mar 26, 2017
  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Detours

    I think you're very good at establishing a mood with your selective description. With only a few details about the town, for example, I feel like I've stayed there for ...

    Mar 10, 2017
  • Short Story » Literature, Mystery / Suspense Re: On The East Trail (Part 1 of 3 Short Story)

    Incredible! Your description is clearly something you pride yourself on, and it definitely pays off. It never feels forced or too much, but the reader gets such striking images in ...

    Mar 7, 2017


"Growing up isn't the problem... forgetting is."
— Antoine de Saint-ExupĂ©ry, The Little Prince