User avatar

LukeStarkiller

LukeStarkiller

  • Article / Essay » General, Literature Re: Wordsmithing—Story is Dead

    The concepts that you're dealing with here fascinate me, and I think you expressed the problems that arise when contemplating a world that, in the grand scheme of things, doesn't ...

    Jan 28, 2018
  • Short Story » Spiritual, Literature Re: Azarel

    I like this story a lot. You play Azarel's love of the Bible against Lena's drunkenness very well. The capitalization of Him was cool as well and worked well with ...

    Jan 28, 2018
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Gemini // Ex Libris - pt.1

    I love how lyrical this piece is. A couple of lines stood out to me as being incredibly well-crafted: "A belief of a large cosmic order governing the wild chaotic ...

    Jan 28, 2018
  • Novel / Chapter » Mystery / Suspense, Supernatural Re: Spruce Woods (The Eastcliff Series #1) - Chapter 52

    I agree with a lot of the things BlueAfrica has said. Your characters are certainly compelling, and you could clearly have them bounce off each other for pages and pages ...

    Jan 28, 2018
  • Novel / Chapter » Mystery / Suspense, Supernatural Re: Spruce Woods (The Eastcliff Series #1) - Chapter 51

    Good work! This was very well-written, and even not having read any of the previous chapters, I understood what was happening very well. I really like Tiffany's internal conflict in ...

    Jan 28, 2018
  • Short Story » Literature, Humor Re: [Insert Title Here] - Part 2

    Even not having read Part 1 of this short story, I did enjoy this. It certainly is intriguing, and I'm excited about future installments. There were a couple of glaring ...

    Jan 28, 2018
  • Article / Essay » Realistic, Culture Re: Wordsmithing—The Modern Gods

    This piece was fascinating to me, in a very good way. You did a good job of making me question the "modern gods" in my life, and I commend you ...

    Jan 28, 2018
  • Short Story » Dramatic, Spiritual Re: Gilbert's Interview with God

    Very good! I really enjoyed your exploration of this premise. I'd never considered writing about a religious person's interview with God, and you did it really well here. I do ...

    Jan 18, 2018
  • Short Story » Humor, Horror Re: An Apartment Conversation.

    I really like this piece. Endlessly inventive; in fact, I think you even cram too many jokes into under a thousand words. My advice is going to overlap with Carina's, ...

    Jan 18, 2018
  • Short Story » General, Humor Re: Life: Commentated (part two)

    Just like Part One, this is endlessly inventive. I love the way you poke fun at the conventions of TV and the media in general in a way that isn't ...

    Jan 18, 2018
  • Short Story » General, Humor Re: Life: Commentated

    This is fantastic. Just so flat-out entertaining, and most of this is due to your hilarious and original premise. You should really label this as a satire (in addition to ...

    Jan 18, 2018
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Icarus Girl

    Fabulous work! It's hard to "write chemistry" between people, but you did a very good job here. My favorite line is "God Elle, it was like a slap in the ...

    Jan 16, 2018
  • Short Story » Horror, Realistic Re: 2.

    Wow! This really blew me away. I think horror is very hard to do, especially this kind of more contemplative version, and you really pulled it off. As for general ...

    Jan 16, 2018
  • Short Story » Humor, Other Re: Boris Elton Humphrey [esquire]

    Fantastic work. It does what it's trying to do really well, and it was a very entertaining read. I especially love the [esquire] add-in, and your descriptions are specific enough ...

    Jan 16, 2018
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Blue Cell Phone

    This story is pretty hard to pass judgment on. I did enjoy reading it and it kept me very entertained, but in the other hand, it has some big flaws ...

    Sep 30, 2017


Too bad all the people who know how to run this country are busy running taxicabs or cutting hair.
— George Burns