User avatar

Kel

  • Short Story » Fantasy, General Re: Elena Maionsa - Cinq

    I liked this. I was kind of curious about the ears on Adel, though. Nothing else of his features seemed to stand out, so it made me think of a ...

    Sep 26, 2007
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Era and the Lost Child

    It was a miserable evening. Rain fought its way through a cracked sky (omit comma) lined with hazy, dark clouds that blocked out all forms of light. The moon, hidden ...

    Sep 5, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Servant of Time: Prologue

    I'm not sure about the structure of prologues since I never do them, but I wasn't pulled in. It felt rushed. I know a prologue is there to get you ...

    Aug 27, 2007
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Story Deleted

    I can honestly say that this is very realistic. Very. It touched a spot in me. I used to work at a coffeeshop and my own husband (after we were ...

    Aug 8, 2007
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: My Summer Romance

    I'm in the same boat as Bianca. You say they're at a horse camp but there's nothing to denote that it's there. Just the mention of it and the horses ...

    Aug 8, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Young Adult Fiction

    YA is what I aim to write for. The thing I like about YA is the fact that the storlines aren't quite as ... engrossed with nitty-gritty details about primary ...

    Jul 28, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: No title yet.

    I really liked the ending a lot. The only real "errors" I found were grammatical. I've left an edited version (edits in bold) on your desktop for you to read! ...

    Jul 27, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

    [spoiler]Some people do rather marry those they were together with in high school. I did. I started dating my husband when I was 13 years old. I'm 25 now and ...

    Jul 25, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Chapter One (Stranger's Entrance) of Archer's Legend

    Not so far into it, I can already see something that I don't really like: You skip over the setting. What do these rooms look like? Is her room well-lived-in? ...

    Jul 10, 2007
  • Short Story » Science Fiction, General Re: The Oil Fields Are Burning

    Gorgeous. I only found some minor grammatical errors but I wasn't sure if you wanted to be critiqued or not. There weren't any author notes anywhere. I really like the ...

    Jul 7, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Broken -- Chapter One -- First Draft

    I liked this. I liked to think that the whole thing with the first part about his home was ... well, like it was so close to his own home ...

    Nov 22, 2006


The greatest part of a writer’s time is spent in reading, in order to write; a man will turn over half a library to make one book.
— Samuel Johnson