User avatar

Jay

  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Hidden Evil

    Hi Saphirra, welcome to YWS! This piece is a little long to review all in one go. I would cut it down to the first chapter. PM me when you ...

    Mar 16, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Science Fiction, General Re: Eternal Night

    This is too long to review in one go-why don't you cut it down to a more manageable length? PM me when you do that, and I'll do a critique ...

    Mar 8, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Aela and The Leshy Part One

    Hi there! This is very long, so maybe you could cut it down a bit? When you do that, send me a PM, and I'll do a detailed critique.

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Dirt: A Noir Story

    This is a little bit too long to critique all in one chunk. Why don't you break it down and post the first small bit? I'll post a detailed critique ...

    Mar 4, 2009
  • Novel / Chapter » Action / Adventure, General Re: Forgotten- Chapter 1

    This is an action-packed and gripping opening with lots of potential. The ending leaves people wanting to know more. I find the world this is set in very interesting and ...

    Jul 30, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: But

    I like how emotion is expressed, while at the same time the poem isn't drowning on it-the pacing is kept up. I actually think this could work a lot better ...

    Jul 27, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: What's the weirdest book you've ever read?

    Probably anything by Paul Jennings.

    Jul 27, 2008
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

    I agree with Lil Dono-Hogwarts is the best thing about the Harry Potter series. I still liked the ending, though-all the loose ends were tied up nicely and I loved ...

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: CurlyQPride

    Like the others, I found it cute and funny. I love the line "that I will look like weird Al Yankovic"

    Jul 26, 2008
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Stella's Chronicles: Love and War

    This is such an interesting concept! So the story's going to focus on Satan's daughter who's been kidnapped by God? It has potential for so much humour as well. I ...

    Jul 8, 2008


worlds buzz over us like bees, / we be splendid in new bones.
— Lucille Clifton