Random avatar

Imelda

  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: 1984 by George Orwell

    I actually found the writing stilted and quite boring to read. Winston was also pretty angsty, as I recall. The book is still genius, though. The plot, while no longer ...

    Sep 16, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows

    What's the spoiler policy on here? Should have been made clear, methinks ... Anyway, I'm wondering what the motives are of the people who don't read them and yet want ...

    Jul 22, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Artemis Fowl

    I love those books. :D Haven't read the latest yet, though, I'm waiting for it to come out in paperback ... which it probably will do soon ... I love ...

    Jun 29, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: My Sister's Keeper

    I read this a couple of years ago and it was fascinating . I was glued to the pages pretty much the entire way through, and the ending was ... ...

    Jun 14, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Priestess of the white

    To be honest, I only made it to the first chapter before I got distracted by other books, and I haven't made it back since. I find Canavan's style irritating ...

    Jun 2, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: The Story of Skye Phantom - Chapter 1

    Hey again! I don't think I'm going to be able to get to finishing this critique for a while yet, I'm afraid. I have no motivation to critique right now ...

    May 31, 2007
  • Article / Essay » General, General Re: At My School Desk

    Disclaimer: this is only a critique--you take from it what is useful and ignore what is not. It's my opinion, and while I'm an experienced critiquer, reader, and writer, I'm ...

    May 21, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Loyalty chapter #1

    Disclaimer: this is only a critique--you take from it what is useful and ignore what is not. It's my opinion, and while I'm an experienced critiquer, reader, and writer, I'm ...

    May 21, 2007
  • Article / Essay » Review, General Re: Keys To The Kingdom

    I love these books, despite the fact that they're aimed at a slightly younger audience, there's plenty to take away from them anyway. It's a original idea Nix is working ...

    May 18, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Prosthesis #28 /P

    Hi Brad, I wanted to drop by and check out your work ... for obvious reasons. ;) I don't have time for an in-depth crit right now (do you want ...

    May 14, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: Chasing Rainbows Chapter 1

    Ok, I'm done now. I'll add here that this is only a critique--you take from it what is useful and ignore what is not. It's my opinion, and while I'm ...

    May 12, 2007
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, General Re: An Unavoidable Fate- Chapter 1

    Apologies for the weird formatting--my computer won't behave! Not sure about the title! Please review. Chapter 1 Leif of Renth was not particularly talented, but I'd add 'he was ' ...

    May 12, 2007


But sometimes a hypocrite is nothing more than a person who is in the process of changing.
— Dalinar (Oathbringer by Brandon Sanderson)