Random avatar

Hailey_Ann

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: if I could leave you

    Hello!! Okay, for you, one word--wow... I REALLY like this piece! You had great wording and from the first sentence, the poem draws me in! I'm so jealous i didn't ...

    Jun 29, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Dispair

    Hello there! Yes, indeed, I agree with Springrain, this poem does indeed feel as if it's a rough draft-- a rough draft with great potential!! Firstly, you had great imagery ...

    Jun 29, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Love

    Hello there!! I read this poem on a review that you left, and I must say, it caught my attention, which is good for a poem. I really liked this ...

    Jun 29, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Rapist

    Hello there!! Okay, this was a good poem, but I must say, It made me a little uncomfortable. But, that just might be because of the subject of this poem. ...

    Jun 29, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I was so in Love

    Hey there! Lovely poem! I really liked how you put your feelings at the end of each stanza. I can understand why you liked this poem. I didn't think that ...

    Jun 29, 2009
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: rape....

    Hello! Okay, firstly: One thing I didn't like about this poem was the fact that you told us it was about you. I think maybe the reader should be able ...

    Jun 28, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Fighting

    Hello!! Your poem was wonderful! I really enjoyed it and felt the simmering emotions. One thing I should suggest though (As said above), Is maybe to mask the poem. I'm ...

    Jun 28, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: (poem deleted)

    Hello!! I liked your poem, it held very much emotion, and that's usually good In a poem! But, the end seemed a little vague, and you did kind of repeat ...

    Jun 28, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Lying's getting old

    Hello!! Your poem was great! I can really relate! School Is really tough, and you kind of threw that out there In you poem. I LOVED the wording and the ...

    Jun 25, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: I wish you'd die, Love

    Hello darling, Wow, okay, i typically liked this poem. Obviously, it was written from real feelings, unlike many love poems that were just thrown together. I like straight-forwardness, and this ...

    Jun 25, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Save you

    WOW... I'm speechless. That poem was absolutely wonderful. It was very intriguing! The wording was wonderful and as soon as i began reading, the imagery began. You seem like you ...

    Jun 25, 2009
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Love

    Hello! Wow. I found this poem really intriguing. It was short and straight to the point. I liked It a lot. But one thing I think maybe you should do ...

    Jun 25, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: leave me

    Hello! I really enjoyed this poem as well. It was very simple, but also didn't beat around the bush. You put your feelings out there and let it be. The ...

    Jun 25, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Daddy?

    Hey! I really enjoyed your poem. No, it didn't rhyme, but who cares, it was still a great poem. I can relate to you to a certain extent. You did ...

    Jun 25, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: What he doesn't know

    Hey!!! Okay, truthfully, i didn't particularly like some of the rhymes in this poem. Some of your wording choices weren't very good, but maybe that's because you were trying to ...

    Jun 25, 2009


That's just what translation is, I think. That's all speaking is. Listening to the other and trying to see past your own biases to glimpse what they're trying to say. Showing yourself to the world, and hoping someone else understands.
— Ramy (Babel by R. F. Kuang)