User avatar

GML

  • Short Story » General, General Re: Toxic knows all

    I loved how you wrote this in a very casual was brilliant. But I felt that it was more and more southern as you read on. Try to keep the ...

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Fruit

    Wow. Your writing style is fantastic . Some of the best I've seen on here. I couldn't find anything stylistically or specific phrases that I didn't like, so here are ...

    Jun 20, 2008
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Street Teens

    I'm not really sure of when it's okay to write numbers instead of words, but when you're in doubt, always pick words. I thought the rule was if the number ...

    Jun 18, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: A Conversation over Muffins

    Okay, I thought for a long while that they were sitting in a cafe and talking. I know you said they met above the Milky Way, but that didn't make ...

    Jun 17, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Remember His Name

    Stupid main character! Give him a chance! Goodness... Ahem. This was very good. I bet knowing the past of the MC would have let us know why she hated this ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Stop

    You need to look for your typos...I won't bother to go through and tell them to you. This is very well-written. I loved how you went from the short, concise ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Sparrows

    I don't have much time right now, so I'm not gonna give this an actual critique. I would just like to say I loved this. Loved it. The whole sparrows ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Nia

    This is a really short memoir. It only has one anecdote, and I don't know...obviously this girl is important to you, but I just am not getting why she is ...

    Jun 13, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Ending

    This was beautiful. Nearly everything about it I loved. God, my eyes are a bit wet from reading this. One thing I didn't like was when you called her "little ...

    Jun 12, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Callie/Bulemia

    Feel free to disregard anything I say. All are suggestions and you are the writer... Okay. Specific line nitpicks first... Callie Whittum sat down at the cracked, ancient oak table ...

    Jun 11, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Green Fields and Maria

    Wow. This is really, really cool. It isn't fiction to me, but it's a wonderful...whatever it is. I think it could work nicely as a poem as well. So there's ...

    Jun 10, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Highest Degree

    Okay, this was amazing how closely connected this was to To Kill a Mockingbird, one of my favorite books. I loved how you sort of "modeled" it after that book ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Faded Love, Not Jeans

    Feel free to disregard anything I say. You have the final voice in the end. This is a very very short bit to critique, so there really isn't that much ...

    Jun 9, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Hazel

    I honestly have nothing I dislike about this piece. You have a wonderful style and know just the right words to use. I'd love to read whatever is going to ...

    Jun 8, 2008
  • Short Story » General, General Re: heart break

    I love your first line. Love it. The only "critique-ish" things going through my mind were the same as Snoink--include more background on the exes. I'm interested in what the ...

    Jun 7, 2008


It takes as much imagination to create debt as to create income.
— Leandro Orr