User avatar

ElizabethFiction

ElizabethFiction

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Golden Gate

    There's nothing I love better than a poem that expresses the wonders of death and where our lives continue after we're gone. There's nothing I have to critique on this ...

    Oct 23, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: In the Tea

    This is a beautiful poem overall, but one suggestion would be to capitalize the beginning of each stanzas and make sure when to end each line. But you're a great ...

    Oct 23, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: My Shadows

    For a quick poem it really sums up what many people fear on a day to day basis and I'm glad that you didn't make this poem a long one ...

    Oct 5, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: I Wanted to Change My Name

    I really like this poem because when a child is christened such a unique name, they may think that it defines them because of the harsh nicknames they have had ...

    Oct 4, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Innocent Childhood...

    I'm glad you came up with this concept because it's a sad time when children are suddenly stripped of their innocence from a real world situation, and it's true that ...

    Oct 4, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Alone

    I think this poem speaks up for anyone who feels that they don't have a voice. I'm glad you posted this because it lets people know that they are not ...

    Oct 4, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Madness

    The personification of this noun 'Madness' is genius. It becomes even more deep when you use it as something that can consume us rather that something we acquire. It was ...

    Oct 1, 2011
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Deleted 12

    I love this poem because it's very touching and personal. Your use of similes and symbolism is flawless and it was like I could actually picture the journey. Great poem!! ...

    Sep 29, 2011
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Destruction

    Even though this is the shortest poem I've ever read, I love the straightforward message. It leaves the rest to the imagination without having to guess what will happen. Great ...

    Sep 28, 2011
  • Short Story » Romantic, General Re: Falling Slowly

    This story is the perfect example of how ANYONE from any background or social status can overcome the "cafeteria fringe" and kill the stereotype that popular and unpopular don't belong ...

    Sep 28, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Silly Me

    This poem made me smile!! I normally don't read poems because they're usually boring, but this is why we have YWS so that emerging poets like you can entertain us ...

    Sep 28, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: The Lion

    Wow... The title says it all. I have no problem whatsoever with the use of medieval words, but make sure that you use the correct forms with a few words ...

    Sep 28, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Pretty Girl

    I love, love, love poems that leave its readers with a sense of mystery and angst. It shows the true beauty of a girl who is struggling with her self ...

    Sep 28, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Blind

    Great job with the rhyming and flow of the poem. My only suggestion would be to add spaces between lines so that you have more teases because it sometimes flows ...

    Sep 28, 2011
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: I cut myself

    This was a very haunting poem that touches the very core of someone who has no idea what goes on behind closed doors and to people who are struggling with ...

    Sep 27, 2011


Who knew paper and ink could be so vicious.
— Kathryn Stockett, The Help