User avatar

Carmina

  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: An exercise in line breaks- tell me what you think

    I agree this poem is stronger at the beginning than at the end, but I don't know what I would change. I like how it is about jogging, or at ...

    Sep 29, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: I wrote a poem?

    Congrats on sharing your poetry. I'll try to be gentle with you. I applaud your use of multi-syllabic words and getting them to rhyme. You have a very scructured rhyme, ...

    Aug 30, 2005
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Title pending poll. Wow, this was cathartic.

    Ignore Incandescence. I liked it. It's punchy. I can picture the speaker doing one of those angry head rolls like the chicks on Springer. Sorry, poetry makes me think of ...

    Aug 27, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Poem--"To the weak it's the End"

    Ok, the visual I got from this may be totally nuts, and I know it isn't what you were writing about, but... I pictured like two soldiers and one is ...

    Aug 25, 2005
  • Short Story » Action / Adventure, General Re: Ryan Gary Joel's EXCERPT!: The Contract

    I tutored writing and grammar for two years. Your grammar hurts me. You are guilty of the dreaded comma splice. For example: "‘I shall ask you not to joke about ...

    Jul 30, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Dirty Poem

    I thought this was a dirty poem, it seems pretty pg to me. I didn't see any stuffed crust pizza in the poem eithor. :wink: Ok, on topic. I liked ...

    Jul 28, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: "In with the Old"

    I like this poem. I really get it. Suggestions: the repetitions are cool as far as motif and unification, however with the length of the poem, it gets a bit ...

    Jul 22, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Nature

    I normally do not like repetition in a poem, although here I don't mind. The repetition of "That is Nature"is like a refrain. That works alright. Some suggestions. For clarification, ...

    Jul 21, 2005
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: The Hater

    There are people like this; yes, that is true. As for the actual poem I have some suggestions. It is such a short poem, I do not recommend repeating words. ...

    Jul 21, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: a depressing poem i felt like writing for once.

    Points for depressing, if that was your goal. I like the line "because I've never stood in the light". I think to be grammatical, you should say "I've never gotten" ...

    Jul 12, 2005
  • Short Story » General, General Re: Scars

    I really enjoyed your story, but then, I'm kinda morbid and like serial killers. Anyway, some suggestions for tightening it up: [his significant other hanged herself in his closet] "Significant ...

    Jul 12, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: short random dark depressing little poem

    It is exactly what the title implies. On second thought, no. It don't think it is random. Random implies no reason. That is doesn't come from anywhere. This comes from ...

    Jul 7, 2005
  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: Exquisite

    I don't like most poems I read. I liked this one. Since this is supposed to be critique though, I'll come up with something. I think the name Dusk sounds ...

    Jul 6, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Poem--"The First Kiss...Again"

    Which kiss are you writing about? Are you reflecting on a a second kiss with one person and comparing it to the first kiss with this person? Or are you ...

    Jul 1, 2005
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: protocity

    If its not about slitting your wrists, then don't start the poem with slitting your wrists. I think the poem is stronger without the first two stanzas. I actually think ...

    Jul 1, 2005


sometimes i don't consider myself a poet but then i remember that i literally write poetry
— chikara