User avatar

BFG

BFG

  • Poetry » Narrative, General Re: John McCain

    I actually don't think the McCain-lame rhyme is so bad. There's such a thing as a slant rhyme (also goes by other names), in which the rhyme isn't exact but ...

    May 5, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Poem about Poetry

    Miller Williams also has a poem about poetry, though if I remember rightly his is about writing it not reading it. You should check it out. But on to your ...

    May 5, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Spilling Out

    I've heard it said We're living in the future. I tend to agree. We have Everything we ever wanted And I don't know if we want anything Else that's really ...

    May 5, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Soldiers Blind

    I really like your first stanza; what a powerful opening! I agree with Elinor that your focus could be improved. Another little detail to work on is your punctuation at ...

    May 4, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Fire

    I agree with everything said above. Maybe you could use a story/plotline to communicate things, rather than just stating them? Right now it has the feel of an essay, an ...

    May 4, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Kill Me Slowly

    Hey there! I read this kind of quickly, but what struck me was that it would be greatly improved if a lot of the unnecessary commas were taken out. Just ...

    May 4, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Hiking

    Hi there! Great topic. And I agree with Snoink, the poem sounds like it is panting, the way someone would be as they near the top of a hill or ...

    May 4, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: Is Anybody Out There ?

    Good start. I really like how it conveys the wandering, lost sense the speaker is feeling, and the last stanza is particularly nice because it delves into that self-pitying stage ...

    Apr 30, 2010
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: deleted

    I agree with Jas and would add that the first stanza would be greatly improved if it weren't so direct. Try using more images to convey what happened, like you ...

    Apr 30, 2010
  • Poetry » Lyrical, General Re: Two hands

    Nice idea--something concrete to act as a springboard for more abstract topics. Some of your lines are really vague though, and seem to be there just for the rhyme and ...

    Apr 30, 2010
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Young Prodigy

    The idea's a good one, and I love the images you have going on, particularly in the first stanza. One thing that might help it flow better is if there ...

    Apr 13, 2010
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: The Rape Tunnel (3)

    Wow. I was trying to figure out how you were going to pull off an ending to such a climactic suspense, but I certainly never saw this one coming. Great ...

    Nov 18, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: With a Dying Breath (PG-13) (edited)

    Wow! This is awesome! It's an easy read, tells a very dramatic story, and the rhythm really holds it together. Good work! Its length may appear intimidating, but it doesn't ...

    Oct 24, 2009
  • Poetry » Dramatic, General Re: Fire Angel

    Wow! I'm impressed! This is quite a forceful poem. My favorite part was As I returned to Earth, my victim turns, Death in my heart, guilt in his eyes, Our ...

    Oct 23, 2009
  • Poetry » Other, General Re: T.

    Hi! One thing I liked about the poem was that the message was clear. There was nothing ambiguous about your meaning. But maybe it was too clear; at times you ...

    Oct 21, 2009


mashed potatoes are v a l i d
— Liminality