User avatar

ArcticMonkey

Do I Wanna Know?

  • Short Story » Fantasy, Action / Adventure Re: Everyday Duels

    Hi Birkhoff, here as requested! :) So, I'll start off with what I liked about this piece. I agree with Olive that having two points of view was super effective. ...

    Feb 26, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Fantasy, Teen Fiction Re: Ilarien Part 1

    Hi Liaya! So I thought this was a pretty cool start for a story. What I particularly found interesting at the beginning was the fact that the Queen of Winter ...

    Feb 24, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » General, General Re: Fire's Alive

    Hello, gia! As one of your first pieces of writing, I thought this was really good. You use really emotive language which makes me feel really sorry for this character ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Lyrics » Realistic, Dramatic Re: Paper Airplanes

    Hiya dark! I've always really liked your lyrics, so anyways I'll start off this review with what I liked. I think the whole metaphor of 'paper airplanes' is really good ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Poetry » Romantic, Satire Re: An Ode To 1980's Music

    Hi Strange! As a lover of the music of the 1980s, I just HAD to review this piece. I have to say, I didn't get all the references, but most ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Short Story » Supernatural, General Re: My version of Doppelgangers.

    Hiya bird, here to review your piece! I think the style you've written in does a great job is drawing the reader in and making them want to read on ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Short Story » Romantic, Realistic Re: It Hurts Just to Wake Up

    Hi again, toboldly! I can totally relate to this. Unfortunately, I don't listen to Owl City, but the whole dreams thing is something I think about all the time. I ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Dramatic, Fantasy Re: Wake Chapter 1

    Hi Lord! Here to review your story. So generally, I thought this was really well written! I was particularly fond of the pacing, and yeah I just think it worked ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Short Story » Narrative, Other Re: The Cow Boy

    Yo, steph! ...I can't pull off saying 'yo' can I? :P. Anyways, I'll jump straight in with this review, I'll admit that this may have to be a shorter one ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Article / Essay » Narrative, Romantic Re: True Love at First Sight: My Story

    Hi toboldlygo! So I agree with AE, when I was reading this I was like 'uh-oh, another cheesy love prose' but by the end I was pleasantly surprised. I thought ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Romantic Re: My Crazy Adventures- (M.C.A) Chapter 5: Human Struggles

    Hi! Now this chapter was really interesting! You dived straight in with the action which is great, and I also kind of understand the supernatural characters a bit more? The ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Romantic Re: My Crazy Adventures- (M.C.A) Chapter 4: The Start of a "Hunt"

    Hello! So, I'm going to jump straight in with the positives. Well, we learn a tad bit more about the characters, which is good, and more about the main character! ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Narrative Re: My Crazy Adventures- (M.C.A) Chapter 3: Love is only a feeling

    Hey again! So I'm a bit confused as to why this is a poem, and not another piece of prose, but I can see how it relates to the rest ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Romantic Re: My Crazy Adventures- (M.C.A) Chapter 2: The day I met him

    Hey again, Tulip! So as always, I'll start off with what I liked about this story. I like how the story progressed from the previous chapter, and I guess it ...

    Feb 23, 2014
  • Novel / Chapter » Supernatural, Fanfiction Re: My Crazy Adventures- (M.C.A)Chapter 1: Pain is not just Mental

    Hey Tulip! So I saw chapters of this in the Green Room, so I thought I'd review chapter one before going onto the others. I think your biggest strong point ...

    Feb 23, 2014


Never forget how special this site is: the older I get, the more I realize how many lonely writers there are who have only family and maybe some friends to read their works. The fact we get free critique, nightly writing pads, free contests and unlimited interaction at *no cost* with people genuinely wanting to help, can not be overstated or overrated
— Messenger