z

Young Writers Society

The Horizon and Beyond

220 Reviews

Reviews: 220
Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:18 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

ooc: Awesomeness. ^_^ Methinks we have them all?

IC

Pens looked anxiously to the mage, who nodded grimly. "The golems have been destroyed."

Pens sat back, relieved. They had managed. He immediately stood, and hurried to the area.

As soon as he appeared, Aedomir turned on him, looking just about ready to kill him. Luckily, Ayudial was on the the ball and before the angry man could even think to attack, she raised a shield to make it clear Pens was under her protection.

"You tried to kill us," Aedomir growled.

Pens sighed, smiling calmly. "On the contrary, I was testing you. Though our reports say that the man you seek is The Shade, Ghela is known also for a number of very powerful sorcerers who would delight in the opportunity to take the gem. If you are to retrieve it, you will no doubt run into them. I merely wanted to be certain you could handle such threats--as well as be certain you could work together." Pens seemed confident, and his logic made sense, though no one was happy to have been part of a game where their lives had been at stake.

Lea rubbed her arm, glad to see there was only a pink mark where she had been cut. She had her father to thank for the skill. She rarely had time to focus her powers in the middle of a battle, so he had made sure she knew how to attune her powers to heal her even when she did not bid them do so.

She'd suspected something of the sort, that or Pens wanted the throne and was trying to off everyone who might try and stop him. But judging from the expression of true pleasure that was on his face, he was very glad they had managed his test.

"You will be leaving for the coast in the morning, if this has not changed your minds about this mission, then please be ready to leave at dawn."

OOC: Okies my lovelies. You have passed your first major test. ^_^ You all also know something about each other. You now have 1 post to have your character do all the lovely things they need to do to be ready to leave tomorrow. Preferably at the end of the post, your character arrives at the city gates, ready to leave just as the sun is rising.
Last edited by Sleeping Valor on Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

And apparently I also write a blog.

370 Reviews

Reviews: 370
Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:38 pm
Aedomir says...

~Aedomir~

"Puncy upper class..." Aedomir snorted. Luckily, he hadn't unpacked. He had just as much cause as to ride of into the wilderness, back to home. "I'm staying," he called to Pens. "But don't think I won't be getting something out of this.

Pens winced at him. "How about freedom to walk these lands freely once more? A world from exiles?"

Aedomir looked around. "Not coming with us?" But before Pens could respond, Aedomir was marching to the stables. The moon was falling, sun rise neared. "Sleep... Who needs sleep?"

The horse galloped off towards the gate. Aedomir clambered off and leaned against its side. "Be careful," he whispered in the horse's ear.

Dawn awoke, a new era rose.
We are all Sociopaths: The Prologue

Sociopath: So • ci • o • path noun
1. Someone who believes their behaviour is right.
2. Human.

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:54 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Storm-

Storm walked over to the guy that changed to a dragon. She grabbed his hand, he yanked it away.

"Fine, don't let me heal it." She shrugged and turned away, she had healed it already though. It hadn't been a terrible touch, but it would've slowled them down. She walked to her room and gathered all of her stuff. She would sleep for a little while then she would head to the gates to meet the others.

She slept soundly and got to the gates before the sun rose.

Ryder-

Ryder watched the girl walk off and he shook his head looking down at his hand. The cut was gone. He shook his head, that was weird. He walked back to his room and slept then hurried down towards the gate in the morning wating for the others.

*Sorry didn't have much**
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:59 pm
TNCowgirl says...

Storm-

Storm walked over to the guy that changed to a dragon. She grabbed his hand, he yanked it away.

"Fine, don't let me heal it." She shrugged and turned away, she had healed it already though. It hadn't been a terrible touch, but it would've slowled them down. She walked to her room and gathered all of her stuff. She would sleep for a little while then she would head to the gates to meet the others.

She slept soundly and got to the gates before the sun rose.

Ryder-

Ryder watched the girl walk off and he shook his head looking down at his hand. The cut was gone. He shook his head, that was weird. He walked back to his room and slept then hurried down towards the gate in the morning wating for the others.

*Sorry didn't have much**
"And you wonder why we don't like you!" -Trumpkin
Vist my world and make it bigger!
Want a Readers crit???

220 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:15 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Lea watched as her companions vanished off to prepare. After they had all gone, she hurried to the lower city. There, she met an old friend.

"I'm going on a bit of a quest...and there might be mages." She said simply. He grinned, Lea was one of his best customers.
"You want spell stones? Glyphs? Magicked equipment?"
Lea considered. All of them would be useful, but costly. And glyphs took time to put on...and more power than her friend had.

"No glyphs. Show me everything else you've got."

The man nodded.

By the end of the night, Lea was down a bag of gold dust. On the other hand, she had a large collection of renewable spell stones, and an array of spell wards that would protect her against certain types of spells--though only so many times. These would be useful.

She joined her companions at the gate at dawn, nodding to them as she did. She smiled to herself--this would be fun.
I'm like that song stuck in your head; I come and I go, but never truly dissapear.

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:25 pm
Layleun says...

((Ayudial))

"I am glad you played along with my little game."

Ayudial was once again looking out the window in Pens quarters. She had decided she absolutely loathed the man and she was questioning why she was still here.

Ayu turned to face Pens, "You're welcome." She saw his facial expression flicker slightly. She grinned, "You thought I wouldn't catch on."

Pens shifted on one foot, he swung his hands around behind him and clasped them behind his back, "Just worried. Now, I have called you here to tell you that the little band you're in needs to make a stop for me before they reach the sea."

Ayudial raised an eyebrow, "Stop?"

He nodded, "There have been some troublesome bandits that have been troubling the kingdom. I want you band to exterminate them."

Ayudial waited for more instruction but didn't get any, "Where are we going?"

"I was just warning you ahead of time. I will send a messenger when I need your group."

Ayudial grumbled, He's acting like the group is my responsibility... she thought to herself. She nodded to Pens and left.
-------------------------------------------------

The sun rose above the hills and hit Ayu's eyes. She blinked away the shapes that formed around her eyes. Ayudial had been sitting on the guard post of the gate since she had left Pens office. It was her turn to defend the southern gates. She spotted some of the group approach. Ayu waved down to Aedomir. A new arrival called Ryder arrived soon followed by another called Storm. Aedomir explained that Ayudial was above them and quickly went into a slur of complaining.

"Why isn't she opening the gate?" "Is it time to go yet?"

Ayudial rolled her eyes as she listened to the echo of the warriors voice, "I will open the gates as soon as everyone has arrived."

370 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2008 6:04 pm
Aedomir says...

~Aedomir~

Aedomir sat in a silent solitude by his horse, every now and then drifting off into sleep. If only he had some money, some gold to buy some equipment. A new bow, some arrows...

Time passed by, and eventaully more and more of the fellow warriors were drifing in. They stared at him coldly, and Aedomir fought to escape their glares. He had still not spoken to one once yet, nor did he wish to. It was like he shouldn't be there, the stares were unbearable. He noticed he was the only to have arrived on a steed, but then again, Keartis was all he had.

2. Human.

63 Reviews

Reviews: 63
Sun Feb 10, 2008 9:16 pm
LunaBuna43 says...

Tamaru~

Tama sharpened her blades, finishing up her preperations. "I'm so tired." She grumbled as she jumped on Tsune's back.

"Of course you are. You are also stupid. You should have made those bonds last week. Sleep." Tsune commanded in a growl.

"I will. Talk in human tongue for me please?" Tama said aloud in human language.

"Okay." Tsune replied in human togue as he jumped out the window and flew to the gates, Tama, now asleep on his back.

Tsune landed at the front gate and stared around. Most of the people where there.

"Hello. Tama's going to sleep for a while." Tsune laughed, as the other warriors stared at him in disbelief.
"When other girls wanted to be Ballerinas, I kind of wanted to be a Vampire." ~Me
My first puppers Pikapet
My second puppers Pikapet
Check out my new group! Roleplayers Unite!

220 Reviews

Sun Feb 10, 2008 10:21 pm
Sleeping Valor says...

Lea looked at the talking wolf, her mind already calculating. Talking animals were rare, though she'd seen one before. It could be something they could use to their advantage, as in some area's of Ghela wolves were said to be the messengers of the god of winter.

This little tidbit tucked away, she found her attention drawn to Aedomir. He seemed uncomfortable, obviously not used to pretending for other people. He reminded her of herself when her father first found her--a sour little child who didn't like the world, but hated for the world to dislike her.

For a second he noticed her thoughtful regard, and she turned away before he noticed her tucked away smile. She might actually get along with these people--they weren't the bunch of righteous heroes she'd expected to end up with.

ooc: Who's missing. *goes to DT and counts* Just one person. ^_^ We shall be moving on soon.

164 Reviews

Reviews: 164
Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:55 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Dang, I've missed a lot.
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

164 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2008 12:56 am
AyumiGosu17 says...

Can someone tell me what's going on? I was grounded...
"Neglect not the gift that is in thee, which was given thee by prophecy, with the laying on of the hands of the presbytery." Timothy 4:14 KJV

164 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2008 1:50 am
View Likes
AyumiGosu17 says...

Ah, yes, that's right. I did pull out...nevermind! Sorry!

66 Reviews

Reviews: 66
Mon Feb 11, 2008 4:21 am
sylverdawn says...

<Kaoli>

I slipped down the ladder into Lowtown, the underground city below the capital, only rogues, thieves, and their ilk knew the way into Lowtown. I found old Nadal's shop easily enough.

The old man glanced up from his seat smiling when he saw me walk through the door. "Well if it isn't our young thief. I heard you had some trouble up at the palace, so what brings you to this old man's humble shop."

Shaking my head I locked the door behind me, before turning to speak with Nadal. "It never ceases to amaze me just how much you know about this city. Since you already know what happened at the palace I guess you know most everything else?"

"No child. I simply know you and your companions are leaving on a ship."

I try to smile but I can't. "Nadal, we're going Gela."

The old man looked at me like I was mad and maybe I was. "No, if you set foot in Gela, you will die Kaoli."

"Which is why I want you to remove the seal."

"I will not. There is a reason your ancestors stopped using that rune. There is a reason that it is forbidden. That rune is cursed and if you use it your fate is cursed as well young dragon.

"Maybe, but it is my curse to bear."

Nadal sighed before he picked up his bone wand. "Then give me your hand. And remember, only use the rune when absolutely necessary."

I bite my lip to stop myself from screaming as the seal is removed. The sickly red light swirls around the mark on the back of my palm before fading leaving the mark colored black and red. When it is done I turn to leave my knees shaking as I fight to stay upright.

Nadal's words echo behind me as I leave the shop. "Be careful Kaoli, the Rune of Pain, is not something to be trifled with." I begin walking faster, Raku hurrying to keep up, and by the time I reach the gate where the others are I'm running.

370 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:57 am
Aedomir says...

~Aedomir~

Aedomir felt completely exhausted. Only now, Lying down against his horse did he realise jsut how tired he was. There were several others there now. Sure this must be the last of them? Where would they go from here he wondered. Perhaps a road to the sea, then a boat to one of the distant lands?

2. Human.

220 Reviews

Mon Feb 11, 2008 10:59 am
Sleeping Valor says...

ooc: Okies. Here we go!

IC

Once everyone had arrived, the small company set out. Those on foot were pleased to find that pens had provided steeds for them all, so the trip was made much more enjoyable. They rode until noon, when they were forced to stop and rest due to the heat. They deviated from the main road and into the forest, where they allowed their horses to drink from the stream as they rested in th shade.

ooc: I'll leave it to you guy to decide what happens. Aedomir suggested a suprise assassin attack. Or the messenger could arrive and give us our Bandit hunting quest. Or we could see a fire and arrive just in time to save the nearby village from the bandits. ^_^ Also, check the DT for another question! (and if anyone's interested, I am thinking about making the King of bandits an PC for a bit, so if anyone wants to handle him PM me ^_^)

I want to see people turn and writhe; make them feel things they cannot see and sometimes do not know.
— Anna Held