'22' Parody

by willachilles

Pop Parodies

The series where I take songs and parody them to fit YWS.

'22' By taylor swift

It feels like a perfect night to stay up and review works
write short stories, uh uh, uh uh
It feels like a perfect night, to enter the chat room
to talk about yum food, uh uh, uh uh

Yeah
Us authors really like to write stories
It's miserable and magical
Oh, yeah
Tonight's the night when we forget about sleeping
It's time

Uh oh!
I don't know about you
But I'm writing a book review
This story isn't that great
It's got too many mistakes
You don't about me
So please don't stalk me
Everything will be alright
If we keep writing book
reviews, ooh-ooh
reviews, ooh-ooh

It seems like one of those nights
where you're really hungry
so you grab some ramen, uh uh, uh uh (ramen? why not top ramen?)
It seems like one of those nights
where ideas keep on coming and you choose to write 'em
instead of sleeping

Yeah
Us authors really like to write stories
It's miserable and magical
Oh, yeah
It's time

Uh oh! (hey!)
I don't know about you
But I'm writing a book review
This story isn't that great
It's got too many mistakes
You don't about me
So please don't stalk me
Everything will be alright (alright!)
If we keep writing book
reviews, ooh-ooh (oh, oh, oh)
reviews, ooh-ooh
If we keep writing book
reviews, ooh-ooh
reviews, ooh-ooh

It feels like one of those nights
Where we love to write
It feels like one of those nights
We won't be sleeping
It feels like one of those nights
You enter the chat room
Talk about yummy food
Talk about yummy food

Ooh-ooh
Ooh-ooh, ye-e-e-e-eah, hey
I don't know about you (I don't know about you)
But I'm writing a book review
This story isn't that great
It's got too many mistakes
You don't know about me (you don't know about me)
So please don't stalk me.
Everything will be alright
If we just keep writing book
reviews, ooh-ooh
reviews, ooh-ooh
reviews, ooh-ooh, yeah, yeah
reviews, ooh-ooh, yeah, yeah, yeah

It feels like one of those nights
Where we love to write
It feels like one of those nights
We won't be sleeping
It feels like one of those nights
You enter the chat room
Talk about yummy food
Talk about yummy food

fantasydragon01 wrote a review...

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
Oh, my goodness! I loved it so, so, so much. I laughed. This is really hilarious. I am a fan of Taylor Swift; I do like 22, and this parody is just plain awesome. This song really fits the writers here. I mean, we all love writing ( right, YWS'ers? You better love writing. XD) It's a perfect marriage between 22 and writing. I don't think that words are enough to describe this!! :D

I especially loved the part at the beginning: "Tonight's the night where we forget about sleeping". LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL. I loved that part!!!
Marvelous job. Please keep writing more of these parodies. Might I suggest Taylor Swift's We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together? Or Mean? Or Speak Now? Almost any TS song would work.

Good luck!!

LOL LOL

(is still laughing)

Lightsong wrote a review...

Oh, my god. xD I'm here to review. :D I don't listen to this song but since I've heard some of Taylor's, I think I can imagine how it sounds like. xD

The opening line is totally a hook for me. I can totally relate this and I think everyone here who has participated in some big review events or just decided to make mass reviews can totally understand what you're trying to say. It's funny. xD Like, in these lines, "Yeah / Us authors really like to write stories / It's miserable and magical / Oh, yeah", they're funny enough because of the contrast between "miserable" and "magical" but you make it like the singer likes it that way with the addition of "Oh, yeah" and it makes me laugh.

Anyway, I just want to say the strong point is the "ooh-ooh" part because it's like something you want to make it cool but at the end sounds funny instead. The last two lines, "Talk about yummy food / Talk about yummy food" is just hilarious because the repetition works here. I think if not for it, these lines won't seen as funny by some people. Anyway, that's all, I guess, I can't seriously comment all the hilarious awesomeness you've filled in the poem, so I say totally continue these parody lyrics series! :D

Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:24 am
ChocolateCello says...

A bit off topic but the first few times I heard the real song I was sure it said 'dress up like hamsters' and I was really confused

Great song though XD

Mon Sep 07, 2015 1:10 am
BlueSunset wrote a review...

That was hilarious! That ramen part especially, though. Of all things, you decided to use ramen!

*wipes away tears from laughing* Okay, let's get down to business. The parody idea was magnificent! Reading this from different words and a different person was an interesting experience for me. I've never read a parody of this song before.

Imrovements - I think the rhythm was okay, but there were a couple spots that could be improved. Some lines had to little syllables as I read, or others had to many. Though I understand how it can be hard making a parody and keeping the rhythm up!

Besides the point of rhythm, I thought this was a hilarious lyric/parody. You had some great humor, which I like! :D I'm looking forward to another parody, which I'm sure will be just as great as this.
Now, I'm going to be honest with you - I laughed probably throughout the whole piece of this, whether it was a laugh in my head or a laugh out loud. >.< I have to say, this parody was a lot different than the real '22' song (in a great, funny way). I'm really glad I stopped by to read this, it wasn't a waste of time at all and every word of it was intriguing and funny for me.
Toodles~
Sunset101

P.S. Ramen is awesome <3

SARAHJO wrote a review...

The ramen part made nearly killed me. xD
Your rhymes were spot on, though I think you could've kept the rhythm a little bit better. Also, it was a great decision to use Taylor's song because not only do I hate this song and all of its catchiness, it's what made this parody all the more hilarious. Absolutely loved it, you should totally make more.
(May I suggest using another one of Taylor's songs?)

deleted21 says...

Hilarious! :)

Europa wrote a review...

Hi there! this parody was really clever and quite hilarious! there were a few times when you were slightly off-rythim, but that might just be me. (Cuz i chose to write instead of sleep. see what i did there? no? never mind.) i really like this a lot and you should consider doing more things like this.

keystrings wrote a review...

Bravo! This is like totally amazing! Excuse me while I go laugh for an hour while singing along to the pace... (............) Okay I'm good. You were brilliant in this piece! Brilliant I say! Boy, you were so hilarious. I don't think there was ever really an awkward rhyme or beat moment, but you have at least one typo that I noticed. Just try looking through this once, and say (or sing) the words out loud. That really can help you figure out the mistakes. Just find like the second chorus I think, and it reads "You don't about me." That's the only thing wrong I found, so, great job on that part too! Sorry. This is like totally a crappy review, huh? It just is so well done, I can't help myself! You made me laugh so hard! Like totally. All I have to say is I hope you do way more of these, and like definitely message me when you've written more. (Like maybe another Taylor Swift song? That'd be sweet.) Yes please! Oh man... I'm such a terrible reviewer!!! Gah. Well, I must say a few things before I leave. 1, thank you oh so very bleepin' much for writing this, and for making it so bootiful, and I hope you are writing more as I am typing this. 2, I hope you have a great and amazing and spectacular rest of your day, (though you should really get some sleep hehe.) And, 3, I AM OFFICIALLY YOUR FAN NOW. (Lol.) You are so great and this was so true. Well... bye bye.

-Perks~ (Sorry for such a weird review)

willachilles says...

Thank you so much! Yeah, I'm thinking of doing one on Taylor Swift's 'Love Story.'

:D

tHIS WAS HILARIOUS AND i actually sung alon g lol

The most important service rendered by the press and the magazines is that of educating people to approach printed matter with distrust.
— Samuel Butler