16+ Violence Mature Content

Evil comes from vengeance

by vampricone6783

Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for violence and mature content.

*This is a fanfic based off the video from the YouTube channel “Midnight Syndicate”. It’s called “Midnight Syndicate-Kiddieland (Official Video)”. This is just an interpretation of the video. In the actual video, there are no names, no dialogue, only music and visuals. Also, there is no “girl group bullies” in the video. I added that in this fanfic. Fair warning, the video itself is pretty disturbing. It’s got clowns and not the good kind. This story is underneath my folder titled “Some scary-ish stories”. Gacha Club character designs are under my forum “My character designs <33”. Enjoy!*

Adair could remember her first kill like it was yesterday. When she was only six years old, she was playing tag with a boy named Gage at the local playground.

It was all fine and good until Gage decided to pick on how she dressed like a clown and how she always carried a teddy bear around.

Adair was the butt of everyone’s jokes, the strange girl, the lost kid.

She had a knife with her that she was going to use for cutting away one of her bear’s eyes (he only wanted one eye), but she would use it for another purpose instead.

Nobody stopped her from stabbing Gage. Not even her own parents. It was as if no one noticed in the first place.

That puzzled Adair, but it didn’t distract her from the fact that she could get away with killing anybody who was rude to her.

So that was what she did. Her very last kill was when she was thirteen. It was at the same playground, too. She had killed Bria, May, and Ellise for the same reason she had killed Gage. Because they chose to pick on her style and her toy.

The men in white coats came and took her away. No, they didn’t merely take her away, they dragged her away.

Ever since then, she had been subject to potions, needles, and blinding white lights. Adair had been covered in a straitjacket, bound from making any movements. She had all of her clown makeup wiped away, to make her look more like the vile creatures who had so wronged her. Her own knife and bear had been taken from her.

But the worst thing was that the men promised to help her. They said that they would save her.

All they did was weaken her. She couldn’t talk, her mouth wouldn’t work. She couldn’t walk, she had to rely on the men to carry her or a wheelchair.

Now, at twenty-seven, the men were taking her back to the old playground, where her first and last murders took place. Adair had been given her teddy bear back after all those years, but she didn’t get the knife back.

That was alright. She had no energy to kill anyway.

She stared at the rusted equipment, the pale moonlight gleaming at the many toys set out for little children.

Adair only killed at night, but that was because most of the kids (including her) were allergic to sunlight. So when the sun set, they came out from their houses.

Except Adair was always different. Adair was always strange.

Adair was Adair.

She blinked back tears, the past screams of her victims ringing.

She was so young then. She was so lost then.

But now?

Now she was no one. Nothing. They promised to save her, but they only hurt her more.

Adair looked up at the unblinking, unemotional man who had steered her wheelchair to a stop at the playground.

Who were they to decide who she was? Who were they to decide how she was to act?

They were no one. They were nothing.

So they made her no one and nothing.

Well, she’d teach them a little lesson. She’d teach them how to be nice.

She’d teach them.

Fri Jun 07, 2024 7:36 pm

Hello hello! I’m back for another quick review! I’m still away and on my phone for this one so sorry if there are any typos.

I haven’t seen the music video you’ve based this on, but I’m hoping that’s not going to be an issue because it sounds like this is more your interpretation anyway!

I like the shock factor in the intro, it’s an interesting way of telling us the key information straight away as though it’s everyday and mundane even though it clearly isn’t.

The only weird thing for me was the lack of reaction from everyone. Does nobody notice, do they not care or are they too scared to say anything? The jump from this to her suddenly seeing a psychiatrist just seemed a bit disjointed because it felt like it came from nowhere.

I liked the rest of this though, and the descriptions worked well. I think the inspiration for this was cool too, it was a fun read!

Icy

First Impression: This was quite the tale here, really bringing forth some powerful emotions but also at the same time just being so mysterious in how thing are going down and vague at times but in a good way.

Well that is quite some start there. Not too often that you get to see someone just so casually talk of stabbing someone and have it really get no actual negative reception whatsoever and almost feel like it was just an inevitable. Certainly gets our attention this.

Oh dear well that reached some interesting heights there with those killings really getting almost out of hand there. Certainly something to think about but then of course it seems more horrors took place here and things ended up taking quite th turn with her being taken away.

Well that is quite the return. Certainly a little bit of a confusing moment as to what they achieved especially given they just return her after whatever their experiments were did their thing. Its definitely a lot of interesting questions here about where exactly we're trying to go.

Adair was Adair.

But now?

They were no one. They were nothing.

So they made her no one and nothing.

She’d teach them.

Well that is quite the ending. It looks like things twist into her fate being turned much worse by the men and then now later alone just kind of succumbing to it all she wows revenge on everything. Quite the ending that.

Overall: Overall I think you've adapted this nicely into a powerful little tale here. Its a little different from your style but I think its still plenty terrifying and that confusion really work wonders here.

Kate

I, for one, welcome my new tomato overlords...
— Snoink