z

Young Writers Society


16+ Language Violence

I am no longer innocent - True events </3

by sugarscherrypop


Warning: This work has been rated 16+ for language and violence.

TW: Mentions of self-harm, suicide, and abuse.

It's my fault,
I didn't have to take pills
I could've continued to pretend that I was fine.

Laying in the hospital bed
My liver was slowly giving out

My dad even came for me
Funny how no one cared
Not until I wanted to die

The scars on my hand
They tell a story
A story that I relive
Everyday

Surprise!
My liver is perfectly fine,
I won't die
I can go home

I went home
Mom was pissed
I don't blame her

I agree with her when she says
"You are an ungrateful bitch"

She slapped me
Called me everything
I deserved it all

Hooray!
Mom has gotten married
Her husband is now my father figure

He called me a bimbo
I deserve everything

Oh no.
Foster care
My foster family hates me

My throat burns
I'm throwing up
They won't take me to the doctor

I am a burden 
They treat me poorly,
Shoving unwanted opinions down my throat

I deserve it
It's my fault for being queer
My fault

Gaslighting
Abuse
Self-Harm
I didn't have to go through that,
Did I?


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
17 Reviews


Points: 465
Reviews: 17

Donate
Stickied -- Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:13 pm
View Likes
sugarscherrypop says...



You all are so sweet and supportive!
I don't know what else to say besides, "Thank you."




User avatar
240 Reviews


Points: 16328
Reviews: 240

Donate
Sun May 07, 2023 7:48 am
View Likes
AkuRashomon wrote a review...



Hello there! This is Ina a.ka. loveissourgrapes. Not a review, not a comment about this writing. But to tell the writer and anyone who sees this and who has experienced this, to be strong mentally, emotionally, and physically. To be safe and talk to somebody who will understand your struggles and hardships in life. Living a horrible life is really hard so I would gladly help people who feel like this. I never experienced this but I hope all of you are okay especially our lovely writer @sugarscherrypop

Have a blessed day/night everyone! <33




User avatar
226 Reviews


Points: 32656
Reviews: 226

Donate
Tue Apr 18, 2023 12:06 pm
View Likes
AmayaStatham wrote a review...



Hi Cher,
So is this the dairy of your life that you've started?

I have to say wow! What a start. A start that hits you right in the chest and leaves a loud bang! I read this piece four times to finally understand every sentence and word you have written.

I am so sorry you had to go through all this. It hits so hard and leaves so many bruises and scars. It seems so unbelievable. I really think humanity deserves better, especially girls and women.

I think it is so unfair that you have been treated this way, because everyone deserves a chance and everyone deserves love.

I hoe everything turns out well for you.

Rinisha






Thank you Rinisha, actually, things are a lot better! Although, there are still scars healing

- Cher



AmayaStatham says...


Thats great to hear, may God be with every step of the way!

Rinisha



User avatar
34 Reviews


Points: 1446
Reviews: 34

Donate
Tue Apr 18, 2023 10:13 am
View Likes
Mikatsune wrote a review...



Hi, Mika here. Reading this I'm not very sure if it was truly your fault for ending up in the hospital with an issue with your liver. I'm also quite annoyed reading this, just annoyed at the fact that your parents aren't that supportive. That they only cared when you were going to die. well, thank you for still being alive. Thank you, there are people who appreciate you, it will be okay. Everyone experiences crappy times in their lives when they feel absolutely horrible. You're not alone. and no, you totally did not deserve all of this suffering. you never deserved to be treated like this. you're a human, for god's sake! You are NOT a burden. Even in times where nobody really cares, you still have yourself. as long as you love yourself and treat yourself well, nothing matters. those foster care assholes can continue breathing but it doesn't matter. you have you. don't be embarrassed to only have yourself, because you're amazing, you're precious. don't care about them. They don't know who they're messing with. They won't affect you. They can't, not anymore. as if you're immune to them.

wow. thanks for reading this all. Hope it kind of helps. stay healthy! You're awesome and beautiful just the way you are. Be yourself. be proud of yourself. You can do it. Now go. Be. Yourself.






Thank you! <3



User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 40
Reviews: 16

Donate
Mon Apr 17, 2023 6:00 pm
View Likes
AkiraBaker wrote a review...



from what i could tell, its not your fault you got sick. if you were doing drugs or alcohol then yeah its your fault for your liver failing way to go you but other than that its not your fault dont say that as for the pills if that was the reason why your liver was failing then yeah that was a bad decision your fault but listen to me: bad decisions dont make a bad kid. it just means youve gotta clean your act a little, you know what i mean? and pretending to be fine is wrong if you need help. if your family doesnt want to care, then f them and tell them to go to heck ( not cussing for the sake of little kids) call the dcfs or cps. getting a foster care was good ( until later in the poem) and yeah, it is funny how no one cared until you started dying. shame on them. they should care all the time. not when your in trouble. truth is: no one cares. but you know what? if they wont care about you, then you love your self! who needs them? find friends who will love you. the scars on your hand. hey, i have the too. they do tell a story. but what kills you today will make you stronger tomorrow. youll get through this one day. you just have to wait until your eighteen. and my mom would probably be pissed, but she should throw her arms around you and tell you that she cares, not yell at you. thats not right. you deserve better. you didnt deserve to be treated that way. no one does. and now shes married to a rotten person. my mom is like that too, but i guess i lucked out. you have it worse than me. i know the mental abuse is hard. i know it hurts. but you should tell someone about this. go to another foster family. maybe they will be better. write everything down in a note book. get away from those people. get into a loving family that you deserve. you dont deserve to be treated like crap. you deserve better. and your not a burden. your just a child. children need and want. people have to accept that, man! you should love yourself more. if they wont treat you like a queen, treat yourself as a queen! stand up to them. worse comes to worse, they give you to dcfs or beat your bloody. beat you bloody, get taken away. or get taken away period. both are good because this means that you can go to a better family who will love you and protect you. as for being queer, thats a good thing! be proud of it! im the same way. we are very simular. you dont have to go through any of that as long as you do something.
you can save your self.
i believe in you.






I really needed to hear this, thank you. This events have taken place throughout the past three years and is just now getting better



AkiraBaker says...


thats good.





It is



User avatar
5 Reviews


Points: 13
Reviews: 5

Donate
Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:52 pm
View Likes
ImPrettyDumb says...



I'm so sorry that happened to you! I hope things get better <3






Thank you! <3

- Cher



ImPrettyDumb says...


It's no problem, if you need to talk to someone you can talk to me :)





That's really sweet of you, tysm. I'll be here too if you need to talk as well :D




Turn your demons into art, your shadow into a friend, your fear into fuel, your failures into teachers, your weaknesses into reasons to keep fighting. Don’t waste your pain. Recycle your heart.
— Andréa Balt