Violence Mature Content

The more pain, the easier

by sl4y41zm3

The fake smile gets easier to wear. Every day my body undergoes more wear and tear.
All I want is for people to see, that maybe you shouldn't always look up to me.
Yea I can be an idol, and you want to be just like I am, but I am just like you. I am a human too.
So please don’t count on me, because even I can be wrong sometimes. Even I want to just die sometimes.
I know most of the times I am strong, but every day I die a little more inside.

The people around me always want more, so at night when I go to my room, close my door.
I cry about my life and what more there is to come. I wonder if anything will ever be alright, those long and sleepless tiresome nights.

The cuts get easier and easier to hide. While I laugh and joke I am crying on the inside.
The people that hurt me don’t even seem to care, how and why would they?
They can’t see my screaming at the air. They don’t see the marks on my skin, the suicide notes that are piled in my bin.
They haven’t felt the long nights of being alone. They haven’t known what’s it’s like to be alone!
They always have someone they can go to, and yea now also I have that too.
But growing up like I have your life is hard. So I’m so sorry to everyone, I’m leaving. Here’s my card

It’s been 8 years since I first cut, since I first put knife to skin and drew my own blood.
Since that first incision all I wanted was more, the nights when I was alone on my bedroom floor. With a knife in my hand ready to end it all, then I would realize the truth and slowly crawl.
Back up to my bed where I would curl into a ball, and pray for safety and self secural.
Everything I've felt and everything I know, it all acts out in the things I have to show.
The scars are all faded but the pains still there. I still have those nights when I pull at my hair.
It all just seems hopeless and I don’t really care. So yeah, here is my last, the final breath of air.

Payne wrote a review...

Hey there. :)

Just a nitpick of sorts, but you use the word "wear" twice in quick succession. Consider replacing one of them (replace the first one with "bear", perhaps?)

I think this line breaks your rhyme scheme?

This one just seems off. It's too different to be full repetition, but similar enough that it just reads awkwardly. This might just be personal preference, feel free to ignore it.

pray for safety and self secural.

Is secural a word?

Well, yeah, this is a pretty powerful poem. It definitely elicits an emotional reaction. I've never really seen a poem written like this, I don't think. It does almost read like prose, but not quite. It's interesting. A couple of the lines were phrased rather awkwardly, though, and the rhyme was off in a few places.
I like your words choices though and overall it's a very good poem. Very deep and from the heart.

<3

Ladyofthedeathroses wrote a review...

First I must say this is an amazing piece of work and I can relate to it a bit to well.
Now onto the review! I agree with the reviews before mine. What happens to the narrator? Who saves them? As for the grammar did you mean 'Yeah instead of 'Yea' if not thats fine but it does make me wonder though. I would keep the number 8 because even though it does stick it it does give the poem a sudden pause that makes you slow for the rest of the poem. It is a depressing piece of work but very well written and dramatic. Very good job I encourage to you to keep writing I look forward to reading more of your poems.
LOTDR over and out.

KnightTeen wrote a review...

I almost don't want to review this, since it seems so personal, but there are a few things that I would like to mention.

Your lines are a little long, and your stanzas are a little uneven. It almost reads like a story instead of a poem.

There were one or two instances where you missed punctuation.

It’s been 8 years since I first cut

You have pretty good language throughout, and because of that this number sticks out like a sore thumb. I would recommend changing it to the word of the number.

So yea, here is my last, the final breath of air.

Did you mean yea or yeah here?

Other than that, I thought that you wrote this very well and that your technicality (spelling/grammar) was very good. This is something that has been a problem in my life in the past (no where near like this, but pretty close) so I can relate to this somewhat. I've felt like this before, and recently, and I hope and pray everyday that very few people share such a feeling. I know that's not the case, but I can hope.

I think you should add a mature content warning since many would probably consider this mature content.

This is really good, you're an excellent writer.

lyricalrebel says...

Hey there. I like your poem but please could divide it into lines and stanzas so it could be properly considered as a poetry.
I like the flow of your poem though and the emotions were depicted in a sensual way.
Keep it up and Cheer!

sl4y41zm3 says...

Here are the stanzas :)

Mon Aug 26, 2013 3:26 pm
Vivian wrote a review...

Wow depressing. I have a lot of things to say but am wondering whose perspective I should put it in. So I'll start off with a question.

What happens to the narrator now? Whose the person that helps and how'd he/she become like that?

The poem's good, well worded and well thought out also very detailed so I like it ^. It hits the dramatic and realistic note perfectly.

The emperor is rich, but he can't buy another day.
— Chinese Proverb