z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

I am a selfish

by sanjeev4puli


You know if you ask any people today what they would like to do or become one day ??

the typical answer is that I want to help people. I want to make a difference in the lives of others.These are really noble goals and I salute people who think like this. However let me share with you a concept I learnt.

“The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone.” -Ayn rand

WIN – WIN moves doesn't work in all causes…in a race if u want to win a race u have to beat ur opponents.One great philosopher said " feeling selffish about one's own family is equal to feeling selfish about his own country"

Treat all people equally in the world

Means if u want to serve people….....serve them irrespective of their caste ,nationality or ur relation towards them

There's a common misconception out there that being selfish is a bad thing.this is the very reason why,even though many are acting in a selfish way ,they are feeling shy to describe them as selfish. This is wrong! Selfish people are the ones who make the world go round, who create art and civilization. Selfishness is the key to living a happy, successful life. Instead of pleasing others and constantly saying yes, let's explore living for ourselves. being selfish and caring for others aren't mutually exclusive. You can still be the best person you can possibly be and be selfish and make others happy.

Now I guess at this moment many of you are probably thinking I am going crazy ..hmm let me complete then u can form ur opinion about this theory

If you want to help people, if you want to make a difference you need to first start with yourself.

The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone” – aynrand

For eg. In an airplane also(at high altitude) they tell you to put on your masks first and then put it on for your children.

They are not asking you to be selfish but they don’t want you to pass out when putting on the masks for your children.

This is what I mean. Success begins with you. You need to start with yourself first and then focus on others.

If you want to give lots of money to charity then you need to first be making lots of money to give away. If you want to help people who are sick then you need to spend years focusing on your books and then you will be able to focus on helping others.

If u want to hate selfish people '' u have to first hate ur nation which says to not to help enemies"

All most every country's constitution will contain right of own property and right to inherit ur parent's property

You see, it all begins with you. You have to do things that may separate you from the others.

whether u believe or not friends man's true nature is being selfish like any other animal

mother teresa is selfish

gandhi is also

and many others

teresa helped people because helping them makes her feel happy

gandhi fought with british because u can imagine y ?

u supports gandhi because his selfishness benefits u

and

birthisher's don't because it caused a loss to them

think with a broad mind friends

even rama will be seems like a villan if u see from lanka

YOU CAN SHARE FOOD TOGETHER , BUT U CAN'T DIGEST IT WITH OTHERS

U R BORN WITH A INDIVIDUAL BRAIN NOT WITH A COLLECTIVE BRAIN

U brain will think only from your point of view

1st Know ''how u can feel happy'' then follow ur dreams

If u feel happy by dancing do it

If u feel happy by helping others do it.

Once again i am saying ,if u feel happy by helping others ,just do it,becoz it is also a means for getting happiness

IF U FEEL HAPPY BY BEING SELFISH THEN BE LIKE THAT

u can do what ever u want ,until it hurts the rights of others

Let me conclude this topic with a quote of my own " Learning to love yourself, is the greatest love of all." ur consciousness is the only thing which can judge u


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
16 Reviews


Points: 413
Reviews: 16

Donate
Sun Jan 26, 2014 7:36 am
SWOPNIL wrote a review...



Hello there! First of all, I would like to let you know that I don't have a good sense of English grammar and punctuation myself. Moreover, it is a problem shared by most if not all of us non-native speakers of English. And I think we deserve to be "tolerated" for the occasional solecism. That being said, one needs to offer obeisance to a language- the supreme tool of literature. What I mean is we need to at least make efforts to minimize the distortions; so that the reader does not find it annoying or illegible. All of this becomes more prominently pressing when writing an article- which is expected to be rather formal. Needless to say spelling are of equal importance. A single spelling mistake can give a whole different meaning and we don't want that, do we?

Now to your content. You purpose to make a point that everyone in the world from Gandhi and Mother Teresa down to all of us are selfish and that is the very nature of any living being. I don't know how much I agree here. But one thing is for sure- I CANNOT discard its possibility. The more I think about it, it turns into a rather surreal subject.

However things could be different, you could have persuaded me into it- had the writing been more "soothing".Hence, I would like to request you to rewrite this without any haste utilizing your full potentials.I am sure it will then be one of the best (and most debated as well) article here on YWS. I hope you don't find me discourteous because that isn't what I was aiming for.
If I offended you in anyway, Apologies!

Keep writing. Keep reviewing, Teammate!




User avatar
476 Reviews


Points: 561
Reviews: 476

Donate
Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:55 pm
Apricity wrote a review...



Whoa, ok. So, first of all. I love the content and ideas explored in this article, is interesting because I have never though of selfishness in that way but you also make a very good point of it. We all do something because doing it always benefits us in some way, I do not believe that a person would randomly do a thing that doesn't benefit themselves in some way. So, good point there. And I also like the message of being you, that everything starts with you being the central figure of yourself. Be independt, be confident, love yourself so you and love others. So, content wise, I'm speechless,

But grammar wise, I'm annoyed, this is an article. So please write in full language with proper punctuation and grammar, no text language because it honestly putted me off. Just write in full, like u into you, and add full stops at the end of your sentences. So, just watch our for those little things in the future and no text language! Other than that, I think you have written a really well thought out article here, well done!

Keep calm and stay epic~

-S.s




User avatar
24 Reviews


Points: 424
Reviews: 24

Donate
Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:44 pm
Seraphinaxx wrote a review...



This is a strongly written essay with an interesting opinion on the topic.
I paticularly enjoyed this "If you feel happy by dancing do it, if you feel happy by helping others do it"
I think you made some good points by bringing Gandhi and Mother Theresa into it. They are two people who you wouldn't normally think of as selfish however you raised some interesting points as to how they are.
Another strong part of your essay was this: If you want to help people, if you want to make a difference you need to first start with yourself.

The man who does not value himself, cannot value anything or anyone” – aynrand

For eg. In an airplane also(at high altitude) they tell you to put on your masks first and then put it on for your children.

They are not asking you to be selfish but they don’t want you to pass out when putting on the masks for your children.

This is what I mean. Success begins with you. You need to start with yourself first and then focus on others.

If you want to give lots of money to charity then you need to first be making lots of money to give away. If you want to help people who are sick then you need to spend years focusing on your books and then you will be able to focus on helping others.

I do have one minor complaint. When writing an essay try to write in full words with no text language.

Other than that well done and keep writing. :)





First you broke my moustache, now you break my heart.
— MaybeAndrew