Home » Literary works » Article / Essay » Realistic

Don't Try Too Hard To Be Something You Are Not.

by rbt00

Just to clear things up , this article does not meaning learning and copying something good. So, now go on and have a reading.

Well, there are all sorts of people in the world. Some of them just try too hard to be something they are not. They are attention seekers , wanna-be’s, some of them just try to act cool and you know all those stuff but can they really be something they are not?

Obviously the answer is ‘NO!’

A plain ‘NO’

You can never be something you are not. No matter how hard you try. You will never be. You try copying others, their ways, their styles.. You may succeed but you fail.

Now, you may be wondering what the heck do I mean by succeed and yet fail?

Well, let me shed some light on this.

If you imitate others and try to be something they are.. of course you can be one but it would clearly show up that you are trying to be a wanna- be.

Don’t ask me why? I can’t just explain it. People will know. They will just know. They can make it out and it this thing which leads to failure.

Now, my dear sweet child. Let me take another example to get this clearer to you.

A person writes a poem. No wonder but it took him/her three- days time to complete it. A-lot of hard work done but still you cannot call that a poem. No benefits at all.

What I am trying here to explain is that the person forced himself/herself to do something which he/she was not capable of doing so. This in turn led to enervation . The person now thinks this is sans pareil just because it took a lot of hard work. Yeah top notch pay. They think they are going to get indemnified and paid . Obviously ‘No’. Who would want to accept something like that? I’m not saying ‘Don’t Try’.. Try but if you aren't meant to be a poet or a writer, the thing will never come up. Failure takes to success but not in this matter.

You want to know the truth? Well, I’ll tell you-

Do something which interests you, something you are capable of doing so, something which is meant to be ‘YOU’.

I hope what I just explained went through that pretty little mind of yours because if it didn't …. You might want to read the whole thing reiteratively .

You might be thinking that I am ranting about this. Let’s face the truth- YES, I am. I don’t want you to make a wrong cut in your life.

So, my dear friends the best dissuasion I can give you here is that

“Don’t try too hard to be something you are not.”

------------------Raabia Tabassum-------------------------

Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:53 am
Jcsmooth wrote a review...

I know what you mean, I especially enjoyed that you used poetry for a comparison. Even I, someone who has written over 100 poems cannot force myself to write a poem and expect it to be good. I've tried and tried, it either happens at the spark of a moment or it's forced; and of course trash.

I'm glad you encourage people to become themselves it speaks volumes for you as a person.
You speak to your reader as they don't understand, which is good cuz many confused teens won't. You must get on their level

rbt00 says...

Thanks. :)

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:29 am

AAAAAAAAAAAMAZING. KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

rbt00 says...

tHNNNNNNkz

Tue Oct 08, 2013 6:20 am
DreamWork wrote a review...

Hi rbt00, DK with review on your awesome short-article.
Such things often become a trend of people, especially youngsters. I agree with the article that you have written. Although this idea has long been established and I've been hearing the same words, 'Do not be or imitate / pretend to be someone else.'

They are attention seekers , wanna-be’s, some of them just try to act cool and you know all those stuff but can they really be something they are not?

It is a sincere expression of your cynical tone and clear. You indeed feel disgusted with all of this.

My dear,this is an expression of bias when in fact could be offset through the eyes of others.What if you want to imitate the style of a good thing? ;)
Anyway,this is a nice article for those who trying to be someone else without enjoying favor by being yourself.Good job!
Kudos,cheers
DK

rbt00 says...

Thankss .: )

I have my books and my poetry to protect me.
— Paul Simon