z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Oh! Spring

by prithamrittika


The sky is red

Dancing clouds

Im collecting leaves

Oh! Spring come to my hand

Come to the soil

I'm waiting for the sound

Cuckoos are flying

Oh! Spring come to my hand

I'm waiting the colors

Dancing with feathers.....


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
175 Reviews


Points: 15167
Reviews: 175

Donate
Thu Sep 03, 2015 2:54 pm
Harker wrote a review...



Hey there, prithamrittika! IronSpark here to review your awesome poem. First off, let me remind you that in this review, I'll be focusing on traditional grammatical rules. If you chose one of these to enhance the poetic image, just tell me. Or ignore me.

Let's get started!

So... on style. I do feel like the lack of traditional grammar in this took away from it, as I had to pause at certain moments and look back at what I was reading. But I also understand that this isn't your first language, and I think you did an excellent job. Just for your benefit, though, I'll insert this poem with traditional grammar/punctuation:

"The sky is red.
Dancing clouds -
I'm collecting leaves.

Oh! Spring, come to my hand,
come to the soil!
I'm waiting for the sound,
and cuckoos are flying.

Oh! Spring, come to my hand,
I'm waiting for the colors -
dancing with feathers..."

Now, of course the punctuation is up to you. I just wanted to add my two cents there. :D I think this is pretty solid, style wise. There's one line that I think especially disrupts the flow of the poem, and I want to point it out quickly. What did you mean by "I'm waiting for the sound"? I couldn't seem to find context for that. Other than that, I would like to request that you add "Oh! Spring, come to my hand" before each stanza (or every 3 or 4 lines - your choice). The repetition is the strongest part of the poem, I think, and you would greatly gain by adding at least one other usage of that.

Content-wise, there were some pretty generic images in here. But I think that you had a lot of original content, and I enjoyed it. Keep writing!

IronSpark




User avatar
155 Reviews


Points: 2994
Reviews: 155

Donate
Fri Mar 20, 2015 11:47 am
View Likes
Arcticus wrote a review...



Hey prithamrittika. Autumns here with my thoughts-

So let's delve in, line by line.

The sky is red

Dancing clouds


Is there a particular reason the sky is red in the first line? I mean, it doesn't have anything to do with spring, that's for sure, so if it is the sky at sunset, then you must show that to the reader in some way or the other. You have to show that you are referring to the sky at sunset. That will eliminate any confusion that might arise in a reader's mind.

Also, you can improve the effect that the first two lines make, by connecting them semantically. For example, instead of the seemingly disjoint

the sky is red / Dancing clouds

you can write something like, say,

the clouds dance / in the red sunset sky

or the sunset dance / of the clouds in the red sky.

(You don't actually have to write exactly what I suggest, I'm just trying to show you that you can make the best out of the material that's already there in your poem.)

Im collecting leaves

Oh! Spring come to my hand


That would be I'm or I am.

Collecting leaves is normally reminiscent of autumn, or the end of summer. You are supposed to be showing the winter-to-spring transition, right? Or is winter not so pronounced in the place where your poem is based, that is, Bangladesh? Also, I see the the use of Oh! Spring come to my hand / Come to the soil as a reference to agricultural activity, it brings images of farming and cultivation to my mind.

I'm waiting for the sound

Cuckoos are flying


Waiting for which sound exactly? The sound of cuckoos? As I said earlier, make a connection between lines, or make it clear in some other way to the reader as to which sound you are referring to.

Oh! Spring come to my hand

I'm waiting the colors

Dancing with feathers.....


I would rather use waiting for the colors or awaiting the colors. The Dancing with feathers part is again a little ambiguous, although it probably a reference to birds that will be seen in spring and how the narrator awaits that.

Spring is rich subject matter and you can do more with it if you work some more on this poem. Also, since it is supposed to be about the traditional characters of spring in Bangladesh, as you've mentioned in the poem's description, try depicting that aspect as well. I'm sure you can do that.

Love,
Au.






thanks. i remember your suggestion.thanks for the review.....



User avatar
131 Reviews


Points: 8053
Reviews: 131

Donate
Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:02 pm
godlypopo wrote a review...



Hello, here is your review as requested.

A cute, short poem! I like the idea of dancing clouds as it creates an interesting yet clear image in my head. However I would suggest linking it to the first line a little smoother as the poem is a little jumpy. I would also suggest more punctuation and to not capitalise every line since it is not needed. To make the poem interactive as possible for the reader, try including a few more similies and metaphors - this will make the reader think and imagine so they stay interested the whole time. Another alteration would be not to repeat lines since it does not fit in the poem.

Apart from that, I liked it!

That's all from me,
Godly :D






hello, thanks, off course all of we are the part of diversified waves but want river...greeny



User avatar
34 Reviews


Points: 480
Reviews: 34

Donate
Sun Mar 15, 2015 10:39 pm
jayflames1 wrote a review...



I dislike the first part, im sorry, but why is the sky red? The sky is almost never red except at sunsets, but then the clouds wouldn't be "dancing" because the sun would set to quickly, unless it was storming. but then you wouldnt be outside. The rest of it is nice. The leaves part would fit better in a poem about fall, I feel.
"I'm waiting the colors" I dont understand. did you mean waiting FOR the colors? That would make more sense.
The ellipsis at the end is nice, and the "Dancing with feathers" part is nice too.
Its pretty good.






The poem is about nature. Through the poem I want to tell everyone about sunset.When sunset begins the sky becomes red. The clouds are looking red for the light of the red sun. At this moment the clouds are dancing with the red colour. That's why I wrote "the sky is red.dancing clouds." I've made a mistake. The line should be "I'm waiting for the colours. I am so sorry for my mistakes and thank you for your review........



User avatar
158 Reviews


Points: 3874
Reviews: 158

Donate
Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:46 pm
Corncob wrote a review...



Very nice--short and sweet. My favorite part about this was the imagery. However, I feel as if you could have been more expansive with it. The first two lines are great, and then it peters off. More imagery, I demand more imagery! :D You're great at it, and I want more.

Little nitpick here:

Im collecting leaves

*I'm

I'm waiting the colors

Did you mean I'm waiting FOR the colors? This line didn't make sense to me. If that is what you meant, perhaps describe the colors, like:
I'm waiting for the sparkling green, rich crimson, and delicate blue
Something that's more than just "colors".

Dancing with feathers.....


Not sure why you had ellipses at the end of this line. Perhaps because, otherwise, the line doesn't work so well as an ending line? Anyway, maybe you could add to this, or just put a period.

Short and sweet--my favorite kind of poem ;).
Overall rating: 7.5/10
Keep writing!
+1






Thank you for your comment. You are right. maybe I have made a mistake. The line should be "I'm wating for the colours.



Corncob says...


Glad to have helped.



User avatar
125 Reviews


Points: 2816
Reviews: 125

Donate
Sun Mar 15, 2015 4:16 am
PickledChrissy wrote a review...



Heya, welcome to YWS! Chrissy here for a review!

This is your first work, isn't it? Good job. It's kinda short, so this review will be a little short. I'm not too good at poetry, but I will do do my best.

The sky is red

Dancing clouds


I think this should be With dancing clouds. Otherwise, I don't think it makes that much sense. So the sky is red with dancing clouds. You need a comma between red and with.

One thing I noticed is you don't have any periods, commas, or explanation marks except for at the end. You need to use them. They are important, even if they aren't any fun. :( Here, I'll show you...

I'm collecting leaves.

Oh! Spring come to my hand!

Come to the soil,

I'm waiting for the sound.

Cuckoos are flying.

Oh! Spring come to my hand!

I'm waiting the colors,

Dancing with feathers.....


See?

Well, that round's it up. I don't have anything left to say. No fair! Make more mistakes next time. Give me something to do. :( ;) I'm just going to say I loved it. This work is beautiful, and I loved the comment about feathers.

KEEP WRITING!






thanks for your beautiful commant

thanks for your beautiful comment



Corncob says...


*Objection
Punctuation isn't always needed in poetry, and here especially I think it works fine as it is :)



Random avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 0

Donate
Sat Mar 14, 2015 7:16 pm
Haitianami says...



Beautiful






thank you



User avatar
134 Reviews


Points: 74
Reviews: 134

Donate

User avatar
134 Reviews


Points: 74
Reviews: 134

Donate
Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:45 pm
DrFeelGood says...



Nice one. I really like the mood of this poem! It's short and sweet and actually transports you into its world! Well done!

Edit: Sorry for the double post!






Thanks for the inspiration Be spring!




Besides, if you want perfection, write a haiku. Anything longer is bound to have some passages that don't work as well as they might.
— Philip Pullman