Home » Literary works » Poetry » Other

My Wish

by magiccharm2002

The moon rises,

then sets.

Another day gone,

another week spent.

I sat waiting on my windowsill,

with golden eyes aglow.

My tail moved in pointless circles,

making shadows across the floor.

I'm watching for a shooting star,

to make my wish come true.

A wish to become a human.

A person just like you.

Fri Nov 02, 2018 10:21 am
Muzzammil wrote a review...

Wow , magiccharm , it's beautiful , amazing ........ the way you describe it , it's emotional . When you read it with everything , you really feel it , and i really did felt it. Marvelous piece of work . You keep on writing like this .

I hope you keep on going like this , you can reach the top and my prays are with you ☺.

Have you written any different kind of poems?

Thank you! Your comment Is very nice! As for your question, yes, I do write other kinds of poems. Most of them are emotional and are talking about relevant issues either in the world or whats in peoples heads. I also have a few others like this poem that are fun loving Then I have some about love and hope as well.

Muzzammil says...

Ok , that's good . You can also visit my profile , i am very attached to poems as well

Nice! I think I will.

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:24 pm
AutumnDawn says...

*tear rolling down my face.* this is just SO VERY BEAUTIFUL.
sometimes the most beautiful things are the ones that take time. wow.... I just... I don't even know what else to say.
this is just beautiful rhyming .
I can see the cat. and the night.
and how much the cat just wishing to be like us

Wed Oct 03, 2018 5:24 pm
AutumnDawn says...

this is just beautiful rhyming .
I can see the cat. and the night.

Ken95 says...

Ken95 wrote a review...

Hello there. Ken here for a review!

It sounded as though this was a poem about a cat or something, I'm not sure.

I loved the idea, its so short and comprehensible and simple,

If this was about a cat though, which of course it looks like it is,
I would really say you did a great job here, trying to relate to an animals thought.

Well, overall. It was a good piece I enjoyed reading.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:18 pm
Dani965 wrote a review...

I love this! It's so short and simple but easily makes the reader feel sympathy for the speaker because of how unlikely it is that his or her wish will come true! It also shows that sometimes we don't understand what animals are thinking or feeling. Some people underestimate this, like we don't know what our pets our thinking, we can only guess and we don't really realise that animals may have their own wishes. Whether they are simple and likely to come true or complicated and near impossible, we don't know and we probably never will.

Thank you! I'm glad you liked it!

Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:26 pm
Poppy wrote a review...

Hi magiccharm2002! It's Poppy, and I'm here for a review!

I love cats-I have two of my own, so I liked this poem a lot because, I mean, cats are awesome! But besides cats, I also liked it because I think overall, it flows nicely, and I like the word choice "aglow". It added to the poem instead of saying something like 'with golden eyes glowing", so great job there :)

I will say that I noticed that you go from past-tense to present a few times. Let me show you what I mean by that,
"My tail moved in pointless circles,
making shadows across the floor.

I'm watching for a shooting star,
to make my wish come true."

You use "moved" in past-tense, and then "watching" to bring us to the present. I'm not sure if this is on purpose or not. I can understand it going either way, so I just wanted to point that out incase you didn't intend for it to be that way.

But ovrall I loved this and I'm glad I got the chance to read it!
Keep up the great work!

- Poppy

Thank you! I
will put that into my editing choices!

"And the rest is rust and stardust."
— Vladimir Nabokov