lonely world

by lonelywoods

7.5 billion people,

4,416 cities,

195 countries,

8 planets,

1 universe,

and I still feel lonely. No matter how many friends I have, how close me and my family are. Nothing matters! all I know is when night falls and I am alone in my own thought's nothing feels real. As though I  am alone in my own world. Maybe it's amazing to feel this lonely with everything that is going on around us. But it happens! Even if when you're around your friends, your family it seems as your okay there is always missing. Maybe I just haven't found someone I clicked with, but I have my whole life to figure out where I belong.

Thu Jul 05, 2018 3:43 am
aulyasela3597 wrote a review...

How to be happy when alone? Well this is a tricky one. First and foremost we need to be aware of our mood patterns. There are waves of happiness and sadness over which we do not have immediate control. So, accept both happiness and sadness as they come

Second, make your loneliness a choice and not a compulsion enforced from outside. In loneliness we get a lot of time for self-reflection. Believe me it's a luxury not everybody can afford. But for self reflection one needs something to reflect upon, so a productive activity is essential for this. I engage myself with reading, mostly non-fiction. Your self-reflection will lead to your eventual self-realisation.

Final and most important aspect is creative expression. Bring out your inner convictions and your knowledge in public domain. Have courage and don't be afraid. Embrace who you are, it's ever changing and so is the world.

Make your loneliness a choice, a choice of living in solitude. It doesn't mean renouncing the world. Engaging with world actually makes it enjoyable and will steepen your learning curve. Man after all is a social animal :)

myjaspercat wrote a review...

7.5 billion people,
4,416 cities,
195 countries,
8 planets,
1 universe,I would end each of these lines [this one and the ones above] with a period and then start the paragraph with a capital. I just think it would have a stronger punch.
and I still feel lonely. No matter how many friends I have, how close me and my family are. Nothing matters! All I know is that when night falls and I am alone in my ownleft to my thought's <-remove the apostrophe nothing feels real. As though I  am alone in my own world. Maybe it's amazing to feel this lonely with everything that is going on around us. But it happens! Even if when you're around your friends,Replace comma with 'or' your family and it seems as your okaycomma there is always [something?]missing. Maybe I just haven't found someone I clicked with, but I have my whole life to figure out where I belong.

Ok, so I agree with Carlito in a sense that this piece seems like something you just want to get off your chest. That said I'm not going to leave a super in depth overview, I did go through this for grammatical/punctuation errors in order to help your flow though. There are a few suggestions but they're all based off of my opinion so you don't have to stick to everything I said. Other then that, I actually liked this piece and I found it to be an interesting idea. If you are thinking of taking this and expanding it, I would suggest you talk about what it really means to feel lonely since lonely is a pretty broad term. All in all, good job. Any questions feel free to ask. Good luck and continue writing.

Carlito wrote a review...

Hello! Welcome to YWS! We're happy to have you here :D
I'm glad to see you posting your first work for review. This is an intriguing thing because I know you're not the only one that has ever felt this way. I know I have gone through periods of deep loneliness, and it's one of the most painful feelings there are. Writing about it can be a really nice way to cope with it and get through it!

The way this reads, I'm not sure you're looking for formal critiques because it feels like this is just something you wanted to get off your chest. If that's the case, that's fine! I totally get needing to have some cathartic writing every now and then. Posting things in the publishing center signifies that you're looking to improve the piece and you would like constructive criticism for the piece. If that's not what you're going after, we still want to read your writing, but you can put it on your blog, wall, or in a forum like the lounge. That way, people can still see it and comment on it, but you don't have to spend your hard-earned points posting it!

If you are looking for critiques for this piece, the biggest thing I want is more. Like I said before, loneliness is a really painful, difficult feeling and I would love to have that conveyed here on a deeper level. For this narrator, how does it feel to be lonely? How does it feel to be this alone and isolated. Think about the senses, think about metaphors, think about showing that pain and that isolation. I think if you can do that, it would really transform this short piece to the next level!

If this is written about you as a cathartic tool, I hope that you find your place soon and that your loneliness gets better.

Feel free to send me a message or write on my wall if you have any questions or if you need anything at all as you get used to the site! :D

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy