z

Young Writers Society


E - Everyone

Paralyzed Collective - A Series of Art I Don???t Remember Doing

by lillianna


so basically i do this thing where i wake up in the middle of the night at start drawing randomly. this one is from a few days ago. just thought it would be interesting what people think of my night art.


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 1949
Reviews: 18

Donate
Fri May 01, 2020 9:21 pm
JellyRose wrote a review...



Well, that is such an interesting concept, instead of sleepwalking into walls or whatever else, your subconscious is like, "Ah yes let me draw something instead!" That is so cool! I wish my brain was like that, but since I draw so much during the day, and when I'm awake my brain is probably like "No, no more drawing. Yikes."

But anyway, I really like how this came out, I like the eyelashes especially. Eyelashes are usually really tricky to draw but you did it! You pulled them off quite well, I'm so proud of you!

I think a user below mentioned you keeping a notebook or sketchbook when stuff like this happens, and I agree. I hope to see more of what your mind creates while you sleep draw!

Have a fantastic day!




lillianna says...


thank you! i have plenty notebooks and paints and all over my room so i%u2019m ready whenever.



JellyRose says...


Oh awesome! It's always good to keep a lot of different materials nearby so good for you!



User avatar
455 Reviews


Points: 22098
Reviews: 455

Donate
Wed Apr 29, 2020 1:32 am
Hijinks wrote a review...



Hello harperlouise06! I honestly had so much fun reviewing your other drawing, I couldn't stop myself from heading over here for another review! (Maybe it's because you're such a talented artist? Who knows!)

Again, if you're not interested in a review, just ignore the spoiler.

Also, may I just say that eyes are possibly even harder to draw than hands, so I'm impressed that you're trying these subjects and succeeding!

Anyway, let's jump right in!

Spoiler! :
Again, if the picture has made some of the shades inaccurate and therefore my feedback is wrong, please ignore it.

1. The pupil
More or less the same critique I had for your fingernails in the other drawing; it's all the same boring shade of grey, and adding a highlight based on the light source can really bring it to life.

2. The iris
I love how the outline is darker, and how there are streaks of dark radiating out from the pupil. I would really only suggest maybe adding a few more streaks, so it contrasts more with the white of the eye.

3. The white of the eye
I mean, what is there to say? It's white, and it has sort of pale pink veins running through it, which you've captured accurately.

4. The tear duct
I would make this a little darker, because the tear ducts are noticeably darker than the white of the eye (not a lot more, just slightly. By no means, make the tear duct as dark as the pupil! That would look odd!)

5. The eyelashes
Eyelashes are NOTORIOUSLY hard, and yours are pretty good! I just suggest trying to not depict every single lash by itself. They aren't really that precise, they're more clumpy. So for where they meet the eye, try and make the line a bit thicker, and fade out into the lashes as they extend away from the eye, if that makes sense? It should be fairly subtle.

6. Shading
Again, the shading looks a bit patchy in this image but that is probably the image, not the actual drawing. For the undereye shadow, I would make it swoop a bit further down (the face, toward the mouth, in that direction) before it comes over (towards the ear). Just slightly.



That's it for my review, and overall this is a great drawing of an eye! I hope this was helpful, and I hope we get to see more of your sketches in the future!

Keep drawing!

Whatchamacallit




lillianna says...


i love reading your reviews! thanks for the insight on the pupil, i will remember that next time i draw an eye. i love your idea on the eyelashes, and honestly i agree! thanks for stopping by!



User avatar
33 Reviews


Points: 164
Reviews: 33

Donate
Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:01 pm
DeliriumNervosa wrote a review...



Hey Harperlouise06,

That is absolutely incredible! It seems like basically instead of sleep walking you sleep draw! I have never heard of anything like that before!
Keep a notebook handy and write/draw whatever comes to your mind. It is quite possibly your subconscious trying to tell you something.

Once again this is an amazing drawing and you should be so proud of yourself!

-Delirium Nervosa




lillianna says...


yes it is my form of sleep walking%uD83D%uDE02 thanks for the encouragement! i have so many of these i can%u2019t wait to post





That is what we are here for. To encourage each other to grow and achieve new things with our art and writing. I would never have continued sharing my writing if it wasn't for the supportive people on this site!



User avatar
18 Reviews


Points: 41
Reviews: 18

Donate


Is anyone else desperately waiting to see themselves in the quote gen?
— TheCursedCat