z

Young Writers Society



A Brand Matters

by kingteejay8


A Brand Matters

Why does brand matters? This is a question to all the consumers. According to Lois Geller a brand is a specific combination of logo, words, type front, design, colors, personality, price, service, etc (Why a brand matters, par 1). But what does it really means? Many people today are looking for the popular brands when they buy products because they want the best quality of what their buying. A best quality product refers to an excellent characteristic of saleable goods. The community does not only look for a good quality product but also a product with cheaper price. Every brand has different quality and value of their merchandise. In the world of high-tech gadgets Apple and Samsung products have many differences regarding their quality, price and features of their device.

Apple and Samsung have each make their way to smartphone market dominance, but they have done it in a very different way. These two companies could hardly be any different in terms of the quality of their products. The two companies are being diligent, they are doing their best to improve and develop new products. Apple epitomized California cool and design-driven product development. Haydn Shaughnessy said that Samsung company are going to continue to deploy its unique innovation strategy (Samsung slips behind Apple, par 1). Samsung remained true to its Korean roots with a very engineer-focused culture and spec obsessed offerings (Samsung slips behind Apple, par 1). However, the most manifest difference between Samsung and Apple is in the way they improve their new products.

Apple and Samsung are using different methods to improve and develop their products. Apple is known on establishing new methods, ideas, and products. They are known for taking 8 years to develop a single product before releasing it to the market (The Difference Between Samsung and Apple, par 2). As a culture, they release anything that is less than perfect. Very rarely a major update is made to ensure that the features of their product are the latest. Meanwhile, Samsung is more than happy to release a less than perfect product and iterate their way to success. Like Apple, Samsung is rarely updating their android os to improve the feature of their devices. Both of the brands are doing a great job in improving their devices.

Apple products are more expensive than Samsung products because there hardware is more expensive and more advance. Apple does not provide cheaper option. Samsung in the other hand also have great components, but not as good as Apple. In terms of performance Samsung and Apple is not far, they both have good quality. Both have unique structure of their product. Regarding the feature and the security of their product Apple is advanced than the Samsung. The price of their products are perfect for their quality. Apple may cost more but it also has more value.

A Brand is part of our life whenever we buy something. We want the best brand from any product we buy. Apple and Samsung are only two of the best brand in technology. Despite the two companies’ differences they have both arrived at the same point- the top of the global smartphone market. The brands and companies are the key to the improvement of technology. Every time they release new device and battle for the heart of the people to buy their product, they improve the technology. Both of them have their own individual ideas on how to improve their technology. Their battle might not be over but it means that the technology will continue to improve and develop. We must thank these companies for providing us these devices that help us to communicate easy and same time entertain us and makes our life easier.

References:

1.(Haydn Shaughnessy, Samsung Slips Behind Apple’s Quality With New S4s. Retrieved August 28,2013, from http://www.forbes.com/sites/haydnshaughnessy/2013/06/21/samsung-slips-behind-apple-in-quality-with-new-s4s/)

2.(Lois Geller, Why A Brand Matters. Retrieved August 28,2013, from http://www.forbes.com/sites/loisgeller/2012/05/23a-brand-is-a-specialized/)

3.(The Difference Between Samsung and Apple. Retrieve September 5,2013, from http://luckyrobot.com/difference-between-samsung-and-apple/ )


Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
146 Reviews


Points: 17572
Reviews: 146

Donate
Sat Oct 05, 2013 3:01 am
MooCowPoop wrote a review...



Hello! MooCowPoop for a review here!

I'm only going to review the first paragraph:

Grammar:

I'm not going to talk about this for too long but the first sentence needs some work.

"Why does brand matters? This is a question to all the consumers."

"Matters" does not need to be plural, so take off the "s". In the second sentence, delete the "the" before consumers because you are not referring to a specific type of consumer, just consumers in general, right?

Now onto the juicy stuff.

"Every brand has different quality and value of their merchandise. In the world of high-tech gadgets Apple and Samsung products have many differences regarding their quality, price and features of their device."

There are some grammar mistakes, but I want to point out that I totally agree with your thesis, and I like how you started off this paper. Your topic sentence totally connect with the thesis. So far, it looks pretty good! I know that you and your friends had this due today but I reviewed this anyway. I hope this mini-review helped!




Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:49 pm
Igneel says...



What a spectacular essay. Great job!




Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 2:19 pm
NatsuDragneel says...



Your topic is very interesting. The content is excellent. Nice job. Keep it up. :D




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:59 pm
R says...



nice essay :D

[ Edit ]


Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 1:52 pm
pauuulinejoy says...



I liked the way you started your essay. It's just that you should pay some attention to the grammatical errors. But generally, I loved the way you showed points about the two brands. Ha ha. Gonna buy those when I get rich! :D




Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:11 pm
Rodemar says...



nice essay.:), keep it up




User avatar
14 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 14

Donate
Thu Oct 03, 2013 8:11 am
nadinefampo wrote a review...



I can understand what is your point of view bout your essay. Just watch out for your grammar and the proper choice of words. If you think you are repeating the same word again, you can consult a thesaurus so you can choose another with the same meaning of your desired word to use And also, the use of capital letters for a particular word.




User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:17 pm
johnemmanuel says...



You made a good point and used good words. That's great! You have a clear way of expressing your ideas. It's good that you developed it with your citations. Some minor revising will do and it's very much better. Keep up the good work! :D You've proven that technology is worth dealing and living with, everyday. You gave justice to the inventors' hard-work. This essay is worth reading. Congrats!




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:06 pm
EdrickeMalabanan says...



Very well said! :D

[ Edit ]


Random avatar

Points: 300
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:13 pm
luster32 says...



This is a very good essay. .I agree with what you said




keep up the good work




Random avatar

Points: 616
Reviews: 1

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:58 pm
BrandonCuartero says...



Very Broad indeed. Your essay is very interesting and has a vision of making a statement into its present.. Goodjob!




User avatar
19 Reviews


Points: 1775
Reviews: 19

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:52 pm
RachelLescano says...



This topic is really different from the others as you compare two leading brands in the field of technology in your article. You thoroughly discussed the differences between the two. It's still a nice essay which mainly focused on your chosen topic. Good job!




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:34 pm
Brando Cuartero says...



Very broad! Bright indeed. Very good essay. ;)

[ Edit ]


Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:53 pm
Raph says...



good essay and your hook sentence is interesting




Guest Avatar

Points: 240
Reviews: 100

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:50 pm
Ian Tan says...



This is a very good essay. .I agree with your with what you said Keep up the good work

[ Edit ]


User avatar


Points: 357
Reviews: 2

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:47 pm
shielamendoza says...



The title attracts the attention of the readers :)




User avatar


Points: 449
Reviews: 4

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:45 pm
akosisab wrote a review...



First I like your title, good job for choosing an attractive title.

I like your topic, and your introduction. I like how you compare Apple and Samsung, your points actually good.

I just found some little corrections regarding on how do you organized your work.

I also loved your conclusion, nice essay good job.. Keep it up .. :)




Random avatar

Points: 356
Reviews: 1

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:40 pm



Your title can easily attract readers for as you mentioned above "Many people today are looking for the popular brands when they buy products because they want the best quality of what their buying."

It is hard to compare too things specially brands like Apple and Samsung, but I think you did a good job in showing their differences.

I think you should add more of your opinions on your essay. Your opinion may help convince the readers on some of the things that you wanted to point out.

These are some of my opinions regarding your essay. Good Job :D




User avatar


Points: 368
Reviews: 3

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:35 pm
ValenciaAndrea says...



I love your topic. It makes me curious what other brands can provide more about technology. The essay you've done was great but some little corrections. But in all it is nice and interesting.




User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:32 pm
kriselleabby says...



You have a point on your essay. You elaborate well what technology is all about. Keep up the good work! :D




User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:26 pm
johnemmanuel says...



Nice ESSAY! keep up the good work! :D




Random avatar

Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:13 pm
MarkAtienza says...



I like the title, as well as the body of your essay.




Random avatar

Points: 315
Reviews: 1

Donate
Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:30 am
Euclarkie says...



Oh, I see. Thanks to your article. Keep up the good work. :D




User avatar


Points: 378
Reviews: 1

Donate

User avatar
15 Reviews


Points: 1619
Reviews: 15

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 9:15 pm
kedjil wrote a review...



"Why does brand matters?" - You can make it "Why does brand matter?" or "Why do brand matters?"

"According to Lois Geller a brand is a specific combination of logo, words, type front, design, colors, personality, price, service, etc (Why a brand matters, par 1)." - You can insert a comma after the "Geller"

"But what does it really means?" - You can make it "But what does it really mean?"

Consider your use of "their" and "they're"

These are just minor mistakes. Your topic is interesting. Well job, keep up the good work.




User avatar


Points: 475
Reviews: 4

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:56 pm
AiraPatricia says...



Your title caught my attention. :) Very nice essay! Job well done. :)




User avatar
663 Reviews


Points: 11295
Reviews: 663

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:36 pm
Messenger wrote a review...



Knight Malachi here to review for KotGR.
First off, welcome to YWS! Hope you enjoy t his website as much as I have. I hope it will help you in your writing.

Why does brand matters?
Either you need does changed to do, or matters changed to matter. I assume this is just a typo.

Why a brand matters, par 1
Par should be par. I saw this several times.

Apple and Samsung have each make
Make should be made.

said that Samsung company are going
I think are should be is.

Apple does not provide cheaper option.
you need a 'the' in between provide and cheaper.

In terms of performance Samsung and Apple is not far
I would change it to: "In terms of performance Samsung and Apple are not far apart."


Overall nice job. Those were small errors I pointed out. They weren't glaring huge problems, so they can easily be fixed. I thought you presented this well.
Keep it up!




User avatar


Points: 100
Reviews: 0

Donate
Tue Oct 01, 2013 3:34 pm
charles23mds says...



Nice one. I like your essay. Keep up the good work.





You are not the voice in your mind, but the one who is aware of it.
— Eckhart Tolle