z

Young Writers Society



The Paper Napkin that Carried my Words

by trashykawa



Note: You are not logged in, but you can still leave a comment or review. Before it shows up, a moderator will need to approve your comment (this is only a safeguard against spambots). Leave your email if you would like to be notified when your message is approved.







Is this a review?


  

Comments



User avatar
94 Reviews


Points: 4109
Reviews: 94

Donate
Sun Mar 03, 2019 2:37 pm
View Likes
Wordzyy says...



This is something beautiful I have ever read here so far. The words were full of feelings. Made me feel. I really enjoy reading your poems. This one is one of your best workz. Keep up the writing. Got urself a fan heer :D




trashykawa says...


thanks a lot, sree! thanks for sticking by and reading my sucky poetry!



Wordzyy says...


Thanks to YOU! But itz not sucky. Itz human. I like it for itz authenticity :D



User avatar
453 Reviews


Points: 825
Reviews: 453

Donate
Sun Mar 03, 2019 1:48 pm
View Likes
Lib wrote a review...



Hi hiraeth!

This is a very nice poem. I love how the words have been used here! I especially like the last part. A question that popped into my mind: Why would people just throw away your words that came straight out of your heart? Like, that's just mean. I absolutely love this poem. It grabbed my attention really well. The funny part that I thought was funny was this part:

While the paper napkin holding my heart continued flirting with the ground


I'd love to see more like this from you. Oh! Another thing, When it came to the last part:


And without my words, it looked so utterly lonely, so torn apart
and too tell you truth, I too was worried about my heart.


The part that's in bold would be better off if you 'd written it like so:


to tell you the truth


All you did was spell 'to' with two 'o'. But that's fine. Then, there was the missing 'the'. Anyways, I really liked this poem and I'd like to see more from you soon! :)

Keep on writing!

~Liberty500




trashykawa says...


and see, this is why i asked you to review; you can spot the smallest mistakes! thanks a lot, it totally escaped my rigorous proofread.



trashykawa says...


and see, this is why i asked you to review; you can spot the smallest mistakes! thanks a lot, it totally escaped my rigorous proofread.



Lib says...


Thank you so much! <3 And, your welcome! :)



User avatar
232 Reviews


Points: 1578
Reviews: 232

Donate
Sat Mar 02, 2019 5:07 am
View Likes
LadyBug wrote a review...



This captured my emotions. The fact people would walk all over you, forget you, and hurt you hurt me as well. When you still had hope at the end that you were valued almost made me cry. I love it and I hope you write more like this. How I would describe this poem in one word is Bittersweet. It was hopeful and sad, beautiful and tragic, good and bad. I give this 10 out of 10 stars. It literally took my breath away.




trashykawa says...


thanks a lot, jadelotus! and i hope i write more like this too :)



User avatar
103 Reviews


Points: 810
Reviews: 103

Donate
Sat Mar 02, 2019 3:25 am
View Likes
shieldmaiden says...



So beautiful. There is really nothing to say. I think that it was perfect - I nearly started crying. Please keep writing pieces like these.




trashykawa says...


thank you! and like you, i too hope my following poems live up to expectations.



User avatar
35 Reviews


Points: 1384
Reviews: 35

Donate
Fri Mar 01, 2019 9:06 pm
View Likes
GigiNicole17 wrote a review...



HI, hiraeth,

First off, the title is INCREDIBLY MOVING! It drew me to want to read your poem. You used exceptional vocabulary, and your punctuation was on point! I absolutely love this poem. I also love how it relates to my life at the moment. It's so crazy! This is the 13th poem I've read that been relevant to me for the past like 2 days.

"I imagine my words floating around with other lost messages and I want to believe that someone, somewhere found the paper napkin that a stranger took my heart back home and made it their own" This part be=rings tears to my eyes. How moving those words are.

Great job!!

~Giginicole<3 :D




trashykawa says...


thank you giginicole! I'm glad you found the poem relevant to you; as writers, our main motive is to connect with our readers and make them feel not-alone. :)



GigiNicole17 says...


Thank you too!! :D



User avatar
92 Reviews


Points: 3541
Reviews: 92

Donate
Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:17 pm
View Likes
kostia wrote a review...



Hello there hiraeth
I am Costia and I will give you a brief review and my honnest opinion on your work.

I will start by saying that this was remarkable. I believe you are very talented.
This poem was beautifly put and structured.

Your title is perfect, interesting and has the same tention with the poem itself. It is very fitting. Your vocabulary was lovely and intriguing. Your words spoke tome. It was incredibly emotional, romantic and sweet. What was surprising in this case was that, it also was truthful, brutally honnest and realistic.

I love the symbolism behind it. How we all trust different people in our lives at different times and we hope to find what we were looking for in order to preserve "our heart". How people often mistreat our feelings. You showed in what a cruel and lonely world we live in but at the same time left a an implication of hope.

For me this poem hardly needs any corrections. It is perfect as it is. If I was you, I would persuit a chance to publish it.

I know this wasn't much of a review but when I read it I felt like you really deserved the praise. I actually haven't read anything that good around here for a while if not never.

Exceptional work!
Keep writing!

Best regards
Costia




trashykawa says...


thank you so much, Costia! your thoughts are highly appreciated; i'm glad you liked my poem.




Love is friendship that has caught fire. It is quiet understanding, mutual confidence, sharing and forgiving. It is loyalty through good and bad times. It settles for less than perfection and makes allowances for human weaknesses.
— Ann Landers