the things you share

by trashykawa

YellowSweater says...

This was such an interesting perspective on love. That first line really caught my attention. The poem was definitely relatable as well. I received a rejection from one of my top choice schools the other day, and I felt so raw. I wish you the best of luck! - YellowSweater

YellowSweater says...

Fri Feb 05, 2021 4:04 am
Nightingale06 says...

This poem really tells us about something that looks simple but can get complicated:love.........it also tells us the importance of sharing it..........the poem is small but conveys a great meaning........nice❤❤

Wed Feb 03, 2021 7:52 pm
ManaHA says...

This is a great heartfelt poem! First off I love the font, it makes the poem more professional. The poem is so relatable. The "will you get it back?" line hit hard. All in all, this is a great poem! Keep going, you're doing great!

Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:24 am
LilPWilly wrote a review...

Dang lol nice. The whole sharing the love you gave them is a really great metaphor. The flow is easy to read and the ideas relatable. I love the mirrored lines at the end of each stanza.
I’m with you. My heart, left hidden for 16 years, is now 500 miles away and not coming back. Now, I too feel like I’m on the flip side, taking other's hearts in my hands with little incentive to be careful with them. I only fight battles that I know I can win, looking for people who will love me no matter what, but I’m not sure I can return the favor.
Maybe she lost her heart before I did. I wanna know because I can’t stop thinking about her. Sometimes, the memories bring joy unlike anything else in my life, and sometimes they drag me down. Maybe now that I’ve changed, she’d love me enough to hold on to me like I did for her. Now all that I can do is live the best life I can and pay back to those who loved me first.
Good luck with your heart, and your college. I only got accepted by a little college in Idaho, which interestingly decreases the distance between me and her by quite a bit. So who knows?

FlamingHomosexual wrote a review...

Heya, I’m Ari. :) I’ll review your poem for yah :D. First off, LOVE the font. I’ve never been able to figure out how to do different fonts on here, lol. Another thing I love here is your mix of questions and statements. To me, that portrays an accurate thought process of someone in love.
HOWEVER, she isn’t perfect by any means. Something that kinda rubbed me the wrong way was the “Love hides, instinctively scared of everything. You don’t bare your heart out to the world, you bare your love out of your heart hoping the one who takes it remembers to share.”. That statement should be subjective, as, for example, it doesn’t apply to me AT ALL lol. When I’m in love I become bold and reckless. Maybe instead of using “you” there, use “I” or “me”. Also, as poets (and any kind of artist really) we are constantly bearing our hearts to the world. The last line of the first verse makes no sense to me either.
The second verse was a lot better. When I was talking about mixing questions and statements in the beginning of this review, I was mostly referring to that. However, you did miss some spacing on the last line between “hoping” and “you’ll”.
Anyway, that’s all I got. Have a beautiful day darling, God loves you and so do I! <3

No one achieves anything alone.
— Leslie Knope