Expectations in Red and Gold

by hiraeth

Fri Feb 14, 2020 4:38 pm
anarki wrote a review...

Hi @hiraeth! Anarki here for a review!

I know I say this to almost every other poem I review, but, I really love this poem. Of late I have been impatient and not been that into long poems but, this piece has gripped me from the first stanza and it's a shame that all good things, including this poem, have an end. I do empathize with the persona, what a miserable fate the persona has been destined for by the society. Poems can help change, move and alter opinions; at least that is what I would like to believe.

I took a first glance at the poem and noticed the font was large and, there were lines which are italicized and had strikethroughs. It is interesting. I have not seen any other poem with that styling. This styling has helped make distinctly clear the thoughts that the persona can't speak out and honestly how you have achieved that blows my mind.

This piece is pure perfection and I love it. I definitely will read your other poems and I hope I get to read even more from you.

Anarki :)

hiraeth says...

Thank you, anarki!

How can I be king of the world? Because I am king of rubbish. And rubbish is what the world is made of.
— Kate DiCamillo, The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane